• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The LGBT+ community

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Let's talk about the LGBT+ community. What's your sexuality? What do you prefer to be considered as? Also, what are your pronouns you prefer? Discuss these things and more or just share your experiences too. :3 I'm not singling anyone out either, at least I don't want to. :c This includes all preferences, which is why the plus sign as it the end of the T.

I consider myself to be heteroflexible. That means that I prefer guys over girls. I'm still pretty confused about my sexuality. I haven't really been able to figure it out. It's been pretty hard for me because most of the sexualities deal with sexual attraction, and I don't have sexual attraction for personal reasons. If I could choose a sexuality to relate to though, I would probably go with demisexual. I prefer to have an emotional connection to a person before actually falling for them.

What about you?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Is this an exclusive club for those who aren't heterosexual and cis gendered? Or can one be considered part of this community regardless of orientations and preferences?

I'm asking because I don't know much details about it o: I don't have many IRL friends who talk about LGBT much.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Is this an exclusive club for those who aren't heterosexual and cis gendered? Or can one be considered part of this community regardless of orientations and preferences?

I'm asking because I don't know much details about it o: I don't have many IRL friends who talk about LGBT much.

It's basically for anyone. I didn't really mean to make it seem like a bad thing to be straight or whatever. I tried to make it include all of it, which is why I added the plus sign to LGBT. I figured it would allow others to interpret it as me trying to include it all. It wasn't easy for me to explain this in the OP though either. :c I had a hard enough time trying to come up with a title that would support everything a person feels they are. I'll probably edit the post once I figure out a way to properly explain what I'm trying to get at as well. ><

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright! Thanks for clarifying c: don't worry haha. It's probably just me not really knowing much about what it would entail to be part of said community. So I guess I am not currently haha?

Years
    I am actually bisexual which is not something I tend to share much people as my mum is homophobic and if the girls at my school found out they just make fun of me and accuse me of looking at them while in the changing rooms like they did with this other girl.
    So honestly I like both genders and I find them both attractive.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I'm cis, male, straight. Not much to say.

I have no particular feelings or opinions about the LGBT community, my philosophy is "live and let live", so, whatever rocks your boat is cool, we've only got one life (call this "passive support" if you want) . I have no respect for people who are staunchly against the LGBT community though, I simply don't understand what someone can get out of being against something that is none of their business.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Cis woman, heterosexual, but proudly supporter of the LGBT+. Everyone has the right to love how he/she want :3 (I mean, as long it is consensual...well you know what I mean)

Fun fact, I recently saw that some consider Sapiosexual in the LGBT+. I was surprise, as I do say I am sapio lol. But for me it's not like a "sexual orientation".

Years
    I'm nonbinary and bisexual, my specific gender being agender! My preference of pronouns changes a lot though ^^ Right now I have a preference for they/them but if you wanna use she/he you can if it's easier.

Years
    I'm basically bi-sexual, but I have a strong preference towards females. I don't find males to be as physically attractive, but I can look past that if a good relationship is possible. I am about to be married to a female, though. So that's not really gonna happen anyways.

As for my gender preference, I am most definitely a guy. But I definitely have some feminine qualities that are not typical of males. I'd say that I'm about 65% masculine with 35% feminine.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    I am gay. I pretty much keep it a secret in real life considering where I am living and the people near me. I thought I was bisexual most of last year and the years before, but I then realized that I only am attracted to other guys. I honestly wish that I was more open about it, but I can't considering where I live and the people near me who extremely homophobic.

As for what I prefer to be considered as, that is different. I would prefer to be considered Pan-Gay since I would like to also include my romantic orientation along with my sexual orientation.

Adore

Party.
    Years
    I'm gay. I've known this on some level even in my early childhood, but it took me until I was 16 to realize it on a conscious level. This is something I'm pretty open about both online and in real life. My parents don't care and neither do my closest friends. I'm very, very lucky and blessed in that regard. The rest of my family is pretty polarized. But I don't really have a close relationship with those who would reject me anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm also cis and use he/him pronouns.

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
    Straight male. I have no beef with LBGT+ people. "Do what makes you happy" is my motto for life. And love is a Universal concept that spreads to any and everyone. I can't see myself dating a male, but I respect if a guy loves another guy. Where I live it is frowned upon to be a member of LBGT+, but I actually applaud you for sticking to what you believe in! :) Follow your heart, that is all I can say. And if you're family hates your choice then they really don't know you for you.

Years
    I'm a cis female but sometimes I don't feel like expressing it? Like I took my gender off my profile because recently I just don't feel like signaling it sometimes and it almost pleases me when people online think I'm not. /shrug

I'm pansexual as there's no combination of gender-identity/body/sexuality that would really matter to me, I just go by personality and thoughts.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
    I'm trans but I tend to avoid the community unless I need help. I don't allow it to define me but I'll generally spill the beans when necessary (though the guy I'm mutually interested in knows and is totally okay with it.)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'm straight. Specifically I'm demisexual, however that's more of a personal in terms of understanding myself better.

Gender expression-wise I am definitely more masculine than I am feminine.

Back