• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The offical "PC won't load | I can't post | threads won't load" etc. thread.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Same problem is happening on Forever Standing, btw. >;

test_account

for all that is broken, I am the test.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2019
    ok i see it now... let me double check the postbit (new style, user info bar on top) template now..... maybe something borked. It's not affecting the lagecy style user info bar (on left).

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Um, for some reason it wont let me use the buttons in the quickpost,advanced post,edit signature, ect..Is this happening to anyone else? All I want to do is click the left align button and it wont let me.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I just figured I'd share that I've been receiving this message many times lately
    Safari said:
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 262144) (tried to allocate 841844 bytes) in /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/init.php on line 156

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    sorry to double post, but I just received a very interesting and odd error message.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 262144) (tried to allocate 200012 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

I received that when trying post in the TCTI thread in Other Trivia.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I've got a few issues that aren't really that big of a deal, since they don't affect me too much, but I thought I'd just point it out in case it becomes some deep underlying factor in some mysterious future breakdown. xP Not like it could ever lead to one, but it's puzzling nonetheless.

Sometimes when I post Quick or Advanced Replies, the time it takes for the post seems somewhat longer and after a while a message comes up saying that what I just posted was a duplicate of a post I made five minutes before, which obviously I haven't since all I've done is press the submit button and sat their waiting for it to load. When it does finally redirect me back to the thread I was posting in, there's no duplicate post and everything's pretty much normal. So it's not a big problem, but I do get the message rather frequently. I'm assuming its just the database struggling to process the post and while loading, assumes that I've made two instead of one.

Anyway, my second issue is that when I logout and return to the previous thread or main site page, I suddenly get logged in again. It says I've logged out but whenever I refresh or go to a new page, it's like I never logged out at all. Of course, it's not that big of a concern, since I only access PC at home, but it is a tad annoying when I want to post something from a public computer, although that's just me being fickle. ^^;

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
    I too have gotten the fatal error code thingie. And just moments ago it gave me it's favorite (At least on my computer): "Can connect to inernet explorer, the web site that you are trying to access is having problems, ect.... Sometimes it fixes itself when I refresh (like this time) others it just plain don't work.

Here's the message that it likes to give me:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
    You are not connected to the Internet.
    The website is encountering problems.
    There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
    Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
    The website is temporarily unavailable.
    The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
    The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
    If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

Years
    Sometimes when I post Quick or Advanced Replies, the time it takes for the post seems somewhat longer and after a while a message comes up saying that what I just posted was a duplicate of a post I made five minutes before, which obviously I haven't since all I've done is press the submit button and sat their waiting for it to load. When it does finally redirect me back to the thread I was posting in, there's no duplicate post and everything's pretty much normal. So it's not a big problem, but I do get the message rather frequently. I'm assuming its just the database struggling to process the post and while loading, assumes that I've made two instead of one.
    I had that happen to me once.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    PC is being EXTREMELY sluggish lately. Posts are taking a long time to load in, sometimes resulting in a time-out. Oh, and the dreaded Database Error has been showing up a couple times, too.

This isn't section-specific, either: it's happening everywhere.

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
    Years
    something is annoying me a bit, not that is too much of a problem, but it isnt nice...

many times when loading new page, mostly when i go to other pages in the same thread, i get that "fatal error: out of memory..." message... this happens frequently...

also, ive got that message "this post is a duplicate of a another youve posted in the last 5 min" or something like that many many many times. like, 80%¨of my posts result in that...

well, good to know im not the only having problems =p

Back