• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
  • What Fire-type would you like to see as a main character of a spin-off game?

My default response is Charizard, however, I guess that you can sort of say that he's somewhat fulfilling this role in Super Smash Bros. 4 if you read into the advertising for him from the Charizard/Greninja commercial.

Other than Charizard, I would say Infernape. Especially if they do a Journey to the West type story in a style similar to Pokemon Conquest.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I'd really like to see a third person, open world game where you play as a charizard.

Sort of like Goat Simulator, but less terrible.

Zerolight2071

ZeroLight2071
    Years
  • Name: Zerlight2071 aka jack
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Emboar,flareon
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: i likez Fire-types just do?
    Answer to current topic: Charizard when i think of a fire types spin-off game i think Charizard

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I think a lot of people would like to see Charizard, that's no surprise. A game with Infernape is a new one though, kind of curious how that would be. I have no idea what Goat Simulator is, sorry.

Name: Zerlight2071 aka jack
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Emboar,flareon
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: i likez Fire-types just do?
    Answer to current topic: Charizard when i think of a fire types spin-off game i think Charizard

Welcome! You liek Fire-typez? You'll fit in very well :P As I said, Charizard would probably be the go to. The only reason I don't think they would is because of how much attention he already has gotten lately, 2 mega evolutions and being in Smash Bros, but it would be cool if he had his own game.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years

I would like to Vulpix as the star of a fire type spin-off as it's cute and powerful as well as popular.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I think a lot of people would like to see Charizard, that's no surprise. A game with Infernape is a new one though, kind of curious how that would be.
    I know I'm not the one that suggested it, but I see an infernape spinoff as a 3D beat 'em up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Infernape could be your sidekick, and do some work for you when you're unable. I just don't see it as a main character, though, since its design doesn't exactly make it look like one. :( Plus, it's not that popular compared some other fire-types; another reason why it shouldn't be main.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I think Blaziken would get the nod for a 3D beat 'em up just cuz I think it's more popular (correct me if I'm wrong). Cyndaquil and Vulpix would definitely be candidates for a cute spin-off game for sure.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years

If Emboar can cook, then so can you! Put Emboar in a chef's hat and apron, and get to work in this cooking game :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hm, Emboar… if it were to be featured in a cooking game of sorts, I could imagine it to only be the judge tastes food and comments, and not chef. xD;; Though, I could definitely see how you got this idea.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    This topic sounds fun! Let's see. How about Darmanitan in some kind of side-scroller? Punching his way through walls, burning stuff in his way. He could use Zen Mode to defend himself.

Not sure about main character, but I'd love to see Rapidash as a mount in a riding game of sorts.

You know, there was this Dream World game where you played as Charizard. You had to fly around collecting some fire orbs, I think, and you had to open a treasure chest to win the game.

And since you mentioned Emboar in a cooking game, there is a mini-game on pokemon.com with Tepig roasting berries ^_^

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Name: xVaporeon
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Charizard, Arcanine
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Well, my two favourite types are rivals - water and fire :P But I've loved fire-types ever since I first watched the anime. The episode in the first series when Ash first encountered Charmander - after watching, I completely fell in love with fire-types! Another episode was when Charizard was frozen, and Ash helped thaw him out - made me cry like a baby haha
    My main reason? Nostalgia! But fire-types are so powerful, too. One of my favourites to use in battle.

What Fire-type would you like to see as a main character of a spin-off game?
    Maybe Charizard's adventures in Charicific Valley! The problems he faced and how he overcome those problems.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: xVaporeon
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Charizard, Arcanine
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Well, my two favourite types are rivals - water and fire :P But I've loved fire-types ever since I first watched the anime. The episode in the first series when Ash first encountered Charmander - after watching, I completely fell in love with fire-types! Another episode was when Charizard was frozen, and Ash helped thaw him out - made me cry like a baby haha
    My main reason? Nostalgia! But fire-types are so powerful, too. One of my favourites to use in battle.

What Fire-type would you like to see as a main character of a spin-off game?
    Maybe Charizard's adventures in Charicific Valley! The problems he faced and how he overcome those problems.

Welcome! I would love a game or at least an episode/movie about the things that go on in the Charicific Valley, it would be nice to see what happens there.

A Darmanitan side-scroller sounds like a lot of fun, I like it. Rapidash in a riding/racing sort of game would be cool too. I like the ideas.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
    Years

That would be Charizard obviously since it is one of the most popular fire type in the pokemon history.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Charizard's an awesome choice. Even if it doesn't wind up being selected as main character, perhaps it could make it as a boss? I could see him being pretty to battle against when in match, because in a spin-off, I could see it learning dozens of powerful attacks and freely switch between its two mega-forms at will. :P

Wicked3DS

Years
  • It's been a week since anyone has posted, which I think is the longest this thread has ever gone. New topic time:

Which region do you think has the best Fire-types?

Also Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Back