• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
    I'd like to experience getting on a plane at some point, too! Truth be told a part of me will always be afraid of flying because of heights reasons, but I've always wanted to travel around so I feel like I have to deal with it sooner or later. ._.

It can be terrifying but speaking from my experiences, I've only really been scared when we've hit turbulence. Perhaps not sitting in a window seat or not looking out the window would help with your fear of heights.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Yeah I talked about it with other people before, when I need to go to another country I usually take the train. Because comfy and stations everywhere, but was already thinking about where my first plane travel should go to. Due to family it may be Tokyo-Narita airport in 2020 or 2021 ^^

Years
    Aisle seat is really the only viable option when flying because sitting in the middle seat is awful because then whenever you have to use the restroom you have to scoot past whoever is in the aisle seat and back and ughhhhhhhh. And then if they're larger (I mean genuinely no offense to big people but this is an issue given how cramped seats are) it's even more embarrassing to keep doing this, so honestly if I'm ever flying I'm only sticking with aisle seats.

Last edited:
    Years
    Aisle seat is really the only viable option when flying because sitting in the middle seat is awful because then whenever you have to use the restroom you have to scoot past whoever is in the aisle seat and back and ughhhhhhhh. And then if they're larger (I mean genuinely no offense to big people but this is an issue given how cramped seats are) it's even more embarrassing to keep doing this, so honestly if I'm ever flying I'm only sticking with aisle seats.

With online check-in or when you check in at the desk get a seat on the row next to the emergency exit doors if one is available. More leg room.

I do agree about aisle seat in general though, and when others need to go to the toilet it's a good excuse to stand up for a while to have a stretch.

Something I always do too is wait to be one of the last people to board so I don't have to sit for ages on the plane when everyone is up and down and up and down again.

Years
    With online check-in or when you check in at the desk get a seat on the row next to the emergency exit doors if one is available. More leg room.

Yeah, definitely considering this. Back when I worked as a travel agent, I found out that exit row seats are basically mandatory for really tall people cause they can barely fit in any of the other seats otherwise.

Something I always do too is wait to be one of the last people to board so I don't have to sit for ages on the plane when everyone is up and down and up and down again.

... this is actually really smart tbh I never thought of this. gonna do this too. xD

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I did that last time in my flight from Stockholm to Madrid and the cabin got full of hand lugagge so I had to hand mine over to be put into the cargo, which meant waiting the usual 35 minutes for it to come out later after arriving. So waiting is not a guaranteed win, either.

Years
    I flew for the first time in my life earlier this year and the one thing I do actually regret is not having my Switch out on me while on the plane. That, and I didn't have any music on my phone at the time. :why:

Last edited:
    Years
    being in a car would terrify me more than being in a plane

see, i dont trust myself behind the wheel but at least there are experienced people with thousands of flight hours in the cockpit of a plane

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    hope things work out for you ty!

hello yes hi i am testing something bc tyler asked me to

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Oh job interview? :0 I hope it all goes well, I dread job interviews had to do a mock one for an internship when I was like 16 ^^; I pretty much just winged it.

Years
    I hope you get the job, TY!!

ngl speaking of job interviews I feel like I'm so used to them at this point (because... I've had a lot of jobs over the years + interviewed for more) that my anxiety when it comes to them is pretty much almost zero.

except for when the recruiters pop the whole "tell me about a time when..." questions. .__.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back