• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: TL's Quick Enhancer (~Making rom hacking faster and easier)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Hey mate, where you took the Wild Double Battles? Because I applied it in my rom with your tool, then when I use repel double battles still appear and one Pokémon of that battle is with bugged 0 HP. Did you noticed it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I'm still looking forward to the BW repel system and Catch pokemon EXP gain in Emerald. I haven't seen like a tutorial on how to do those in Emerald and I don't want to force a patch into my rom.

Years
  • I'm still looking forward to the BW repel system and Catch pokemon EXP gain in Emerald. I haven't seen like a tutorial on how to do those in Emerald and I don't want to force a patch into my rom.

Don't bother with that tool. Repel system is in my hacked engine. Catch pokemon in my battle engine. Check out my signature.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    If you search you can find what you want:

BW Repel System (at the bottom of this thread have something like "EMERALD USERS...")

EXP Gain after catching for EMERALD (it's on the Quick Research & Development thread)

I found those tutorials. The BW repel one for Emerald was kinda glitchy and I didn't want it to ask for every repel seperately everytime you run out of a repel. About the catch Pokemon EXP gain for Emerald it had a glitch when you catch a pokemon and level up you'd see the pokedex entry a bit messed up and I didn't want that.
    Spoiler:

Don't bother with that tool. Repel system is in my hacked engine. Catch pokemon in my battle engine. Check out my signature.

I decided to finally try and do your installation method, Worked for the BW repel system perfectly since it was more specific and I could see the flag and what I'm changing so that worked well. Plus, it does what I want which it doesn't ask for all the repels but just uses the one you already got. About the Catch EXP one, I couldn't find it nether in your topic, your build.py or in insert.py. I just want the catch pokemon EXP gained one not the whole battle engine.
    Thanks for the help DizzyEgg you are really helpful and good with python. :)

Years
  • I just want the catch pokemon EXP gained one not the whole battle engine.

Sorry, you can't take one thing from the engine, if you want to use one of its features, you need to install it all. Two many things are interconnected with each other.

The exp catching battlescript that is posted in the forums works well except the bug you posted. The issue comes, because the level-up box changes the position of one of the BGs, so you need to set it to the value before the level-up box appeared.

Tho am curious. Any reason you're opposed to using the whole battle engine?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Tho am curious. Any reason you're opposed to using the whole battle engine?
    I installed it and it seems pretty good to me even though I was not looking for those features rather than the Catch pokemon EXP gained. Two things that bother me are that wild double battle happens way too frequently and I caught two fairy type pokemon and it didn't say they were fairy type (Ralts and Marill). I was never opposed to it but I didn't think it was necessary for me.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • I installed it and it seems pretty good to me even though I was not looking for those features rather than the Catch pokemon EXP gained. Two things that bother me are that wild double battle happens way too frequently and I caught two fairy type pokemon and it didn't say they were fairy type (Ralts and Marill). I was never opposed to it but I didn't think it was necessary for me.
    if those were your reservations then the types are easily edited and the percent appears to be on line 16 of double_wild_battles.c; just change the 70 to something else ahaha
    (also dizzy you're using tile id? interesting honestly)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2017
    most of the thing I see here are just hex editing, If that's so, how about adding the volt absorb update that absorbs also thunder wave (just a status electric move) and Skill Link too, those are just simple hex editing. you can see those on the past ability thread.

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • The Download link for the tool is closed for now.

I know the problem in the tool exists,
    but I was expecting people to inform me about the bugs so that I would fix them...
    but instead the tool users went out spreading bad about the tool.

instead of spreading bad it would be better if they would have atlease once considered messaging me.

so yeah I dont want further ROM-hacks to be crashed by the tool as of now.
    so I am temporarily disabling the download link.

The download link will be up when the next release of the tool will be brought,
    but the tool will have massive changes in it.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • The Download link for the tool is closed for now.

I know the problem in the tool exists,
    but I was expecting people to inform me about the bugs so that I would fix them...
    but instead the tool users went out spreading bad about the tool.

instead of spreading bad it would be better if they would have atlease once considered messaging me.

so yeah I dont want further ROM-hacks to be crashed by the tool as of now.
    so I am temporarily disabling the download link.

The download link will be up when the next release of the tool will be brought,
    but the tool will have massive changes in it.
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    By the way, I quickly thought some basic suggestions that you should take in consideration.

1) Once you decide to reupload the tool, a small guide quickly explaining how to use certain features would be nice, be it on the tool itself or over here in this thread. I don't see anything in the main post nor in the latest version available of the enhancer itself (which I quickly downloaded before you removed it) that gives even a small hint on how to use the Wild Double Battles, for example.

2) It'd be nice if you gave us the option to choose manually in which offset we want to install the functions that the tool has to offer. I don't know why didn't you implemented such a basic feature yet but I surely hope you do for the next version. That would give control to the user over the space of the ROM that's been used.

With that being said, good work so far.
    I hope you can make a safe comeback since this tool is really convenient and it would be sad to see it die.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • STEPS TO REMOVE THE WILD DOUBLE BATTLE INSERTED WITH THIS TOOL

If you want to free up some space used by the codes then do as in the lines below else you are good to go to the patching :)
    Then open your rom in a hex editor and goto 21D94

lets assume there you see 01 00 80 08 then you reverse it;
    i.e. 08 80 00 01
    Now remove the 08 in the beginning and subtract 1 from it
    i.e. 80 00 00

This is where the tool inserted the wild double battle codes.

So go to this location, and select 40B bytes from that location and fill it with free space.
    or optionally paste it in that location

Spoiler:

Patching the ips file:
    Get the ips in the attachment and use the patch to your rom
    NOTE: This wont do any further changes to your game except than removing the wild double battle codes inserted with this tool.

Attachments

• removing wild double.ips
      321 bytes · Views: 4
    Back