• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
So I've finally obtained all 8 Badges, defeated Archie and Team Aqua and I'm now preparing to take on the Elite Four. I've spent plenty of time rearranging my team with moves, items, levels etc. Still far from exactly how I want it, but it's getting there. A lot of the moves/items needed to make my team complete is only obtainable in the Battle Resort which is accessed after defeating the Elite Four.

260.png

Kippy // Swampert ; Level 51 @ Soft Sand

~ Surf
~ Earthquake
~ Protect
~ Rock Slide

277.png

Skyler // Swellow ; Level 53 @ Amulet Coin

~ Aerial Ace
~ U-turn
~ Brave Bird
~ Roost

282.png

Stella // Gardevoir ; Level 53 @ Safety Goggles

~ Psychic
~ Calm Mind
~ Moonblast
~ Thunderbolt

286.png

Dakota // Breloom ; Level 51 @ Expert Belt

~ Seed Bomb
~ Force Palm
~ Swords Dance
~ Sky Uppercut

310.png

Lightning // Manectric ; Level 52 @ Manectite

~ Thunderbolt
~ Flamethrower
~ Toxic
~ Volt Switch

334.png

Cotton // Altaria ; Level 52 @ Altarianite

~ Dragon Pulse
~ Ice Beam
~ Moonblast
~ Cotton Guard

Some of the held items are just place-holders until I can get the items I want i.e Swellow > Toxic/Flame Orb, Gardevoir > Gardevoirite etc.

Last edited:

Will_FFC

Umbreon Lover!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 23, 2015
Just started my Nuzlocke challenge on OR, Always wanted to do a Nuzlocke/Wedlocke challenge but never really had the time for it due to work and other commitments.
torchic.gif

Hana / Torchic (F)
Level: 5
Nature: Modest
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Scratch, Ember, Growl

Last edited:

Will_FFC

Umbreon Lover!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 23, 2015
So now that I've just recieved my 2nd badge without any casualties this is my team at the moment from the Nuzlocke Challenge

Hana / Combusken
Lvl 19
Moves: Scratch, Peck, Ember, Double Kick
Modest /Blaze

Corne/Nuzleaf
Caught : Route 102
Level : 17
Bide, Harden, Growth, Razor Leaf
Naughty / Early Bird

Ziggy / Zigzagoon
Level: 14
Caught: 103
Tackle, Cut, Tail Whip, Headbutt
Impish/ Pickup

Deliv / Wingull
Level 16
Caught: 104
Mist, Waer Pulse, Supersonic, Wing Attack
Naive / Keen Eye

Auxdio / Whismur
Level: 17
Caught: Route 116
Pound, Echoed Voice, Astonish, Howl
Bashful / Soundproof

Jolt / Electrike
Level:14
Caught: Route 110
Thunder Wave, Spark, Howl, Quick Attack

Years
My First Omega Ruby Playthrough

IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG THREAD I AM GOING TO THROW MY PANTS AT THE SCREENWell, this is the first time I've ever done this.
I should have started this at the beginning of the game, but here's what happened so far in Day 1:
-Chose Torchic
-Caught Poochyena, Wurmple, Zigzagoon, Wingull, Slakoth, Shroomish
-Got owned by Roxanne's Nosepass twice
-Beat the first gym on third try
-Torchic evolved into Combusken
-Sailed to Dewford Town

Ok, here I go:
DAY 2:
EDIT 1: Right now, I am in the second gym. Combusken is beating the crap out of everything by using Peck. Why are Fighting types weak to Flying types?
EDIT 2: I have reached Brawly. (Are the gym leaders' names supposed to give away their type? Roxanne, Brawly...). He is no harder than anyone else in the gym. I K.O.'d his Machop in two hits with Peck, and also K.O.'d his Makuhita in the same amount of turns. Makuhita looks like a Pikachu who needs a diet!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Welp, I just restarted (again) last night and I want to play it properly this time! Whatever that means, haha.

Anyway!

I've been playing around with the DexNav to get good Pokémon to start with, so I haven't made much progress but so far...

• Obtained Treecko! (♀, nickamed Gardenia)
  • Caught Poochyena (hidden ability, egg move Play Rough!), Zigzagoon, and many Silcoon in search of a Beautifly!
  • Helped Wally catch his Ralts!
  • Finally decided to stick with a Naive Silcoon, and evolved her into a Beautifly!
  • Currently attempting to capture a Shroomish with Drain Punch egg move.

Current team:
treecko.gif
poochyena.gif
zigzagoon.gif
beautifly-f.gif

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Please don't throw your pants at the screen, TheFunnyFeraligatr! But I'm gonna merge this with the ORAS Travel Journal. That's the correct place to post this. :) If you're ever unsure of something, you're free to ask me or one of the moderators of this forum. I take it you've had trouble finding the right place to post things, but there's a travel journal for everyone to use so that this section doesn't get covered in everyone's travel stories. Hope that helps make some sense of it.

Good luck on your journey! And please keep those pants on! You should probably wear shorts though. They're comfy and easy to wear.

Will_FFC

Umbreon Lover!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 23, 2015
I decided to start a new game on OR as I wanted a entirelly new team to work with as I've got to say I'm really impressed with it.

Kirlia w/ Everstone
Lvl 40
Disarming Voice, Psychic, Draining Kiss, Magical Leaf

Vileplume
Lvl 41
Giga Drain, Sweet Scent, Venoshock, Poison Powder

Crobat
Lvl 39
Acrobatics, Confuse Ray, Poison Fang, Bite

Torkoal w/ Quick Claw
Lvl 37
Rock Tomb, Protect, Lava Plume, Flamethrower,

Swampert w/Swapertite
Lvl 42
Rock Smash, Rock Slide, Muddy Water, Bulldoze

Azumarill
Lvl 32
Surf, Aqua Tail, Rollout, Play Rough

Just got to the Safari Zone. Going to catch myself a Electric type while I'm there to replce Azumarill

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
So I started a new game on my OR, and I'm doing a shiny badge quest for this run. (I made a thread, so if you wanna no some rules, google it or look at my challenge thread in sig).

So I started out by getting my shiny Mudkip, named Marcus, beat Brandon, and moved on to petalburg city to help out Wally. After he caught his ralts, I got a shiny seedot and Marcus evolved to marshtomp in the process. I got through petalburg forest, seedot evolved to nuzleaf. I beat Roxanne. Got theletter for Steven and went to dewford town. Got a shiny makuhita, beat brawly, and now I'm just past slateport. Debating on what I want to get for my next shiny.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I decided to restart my Omega Ruby after finishing an undocumented Wedlocke. During this playthrough, I'm going to heavily use Wondertrades and catch an array of Pokemon, even if I already caught one of the species already, to further encourage that. Wondertrading is a good way to get good Level 1 decent IV'd Pokemon, so by the time I become champion, I will have a wide variety of Pokemon to pick from to start breeding them into competitive versions of themselves. I've gone through a plethora of Pokemon in this run alone and I'm constantly swapping out team members for either efficiency or because I like the new Pokemon's aesthetic. I can bring back the Pokemon that I box for later use, but I'm not making a point of training a huge team with equal levels. I'm currently about to make my way up Mt. Chimney to fight against the evil-doers of the game, Team Magma

253.png

June - Level 25 @ Miracle Seed
Leaf Blade / Mega Drain / Secret Power / Rock Tomb

This is actually my third run of the game and thus, the third starter I picked for this remake is the nifty green gecko, Treeko. On my first and second run, I started with Mudkip and Torchic, respectively. June is the first and only female starter I've had in the newly remastered Hoenn. She's been proving extremely well, as generation VI was kind to the Pokemon line and gave her just what they were missing: Strong STABs.

361.png

Yuki - Level 25 @
Ice Fang / Ice Shard / Bite / Secret Power

The first Pokemon I received through Wondertrade (in Petalburg) and he came with a name of his own, meaning "snow" in the language of its previous owner. He's been doing a lot better than I expected. Ice Shard is 2HKOing a lot of Pokemon that I thought would take 3 hits to take down. Now that I have Ice Fang, that 25 BP improvement can help to further increase the damage output of the animate mini-tent.

035.png

"Pixie" - Level 24 @ Silk Scarf
Echoed Voice / Charm / Charge Beam / Magical Leaf

The second Pokemon I received through Wondertrade, also at Petalburg. I met Pixie as a little Cleffa, sporting the Japanese name Py/Pii, which is literally the Japanese name for Cleffa. She wanted to evolve at Level 14 back on the shores of Slateport, but I postponed it two levels to get my hands on Magical Leaf which, admittedly, hasn't seen use, but that's because June is all the Grass-type attacker I need for right now.

081.png

Node - Level 24 @ Quick Claw
Thunder Shock / Mirror Shot / Volt Switch / Thunder Wave

Node was originally a Level 1 Magnemite that I received on Wondertrade, but seeing as I was in the route above Slateport, the home of Magnemite themselves, I decided to get my DexNav searchin' on and get myself a native one. I lose out on the bonus EXP but that's okay, I wanted to give it a name instead of imagining it, as I can't rename traded Pokemon (Pixie is the case of a Pokemon that I have to imagine the name of as it comes with the original name).

259.png

"Jesse" - Level 25 @ Soft Sand
Water Gun / Bulldoze / Rock Tomb / Rock Smash

Jesse is named after the Mudkip I had in my first playthrough of Omega Ruby! He arrived into the team moments after beating Wattson, which is okay, because at the time, I had a Trapinch anyway, so I didn't need another Ground-type user for that gym. It evolved at Level 18, missing Mud Shot completely, but it's not like it was a problem, as I was a PokeMart away from getting the superior Bulldoze anyway.

147.png

Anne - Level 24 @ Luck Incense
Twister / Dragon Rage / Extreme Speed / Thunder Wave

Anne is the newest addition to the team! Her parents are two Wondertraded Pokemon, a female Adamant Dratini and a male Adamant Magikarp. Again, picky with the name being present on the screen, I was determined to breed the two to get a native Dratini instead of getting the more efficient mother. Honestly, if Pixie (Clefairy) wasn't present on the team before the access of the Daycare, she would probably have been an egg Pokemon, hatched just for the sake of a visible name.

Past team members consisted of the previously mentioned Trapinch, named "Tara" and a lucky DexNav Brave Bird Tailow named Javelin. I actually have a shiny Talonflame, that was recently evolved in a X playthrough that I got unmotivated to continue, at level 38, so I'll be trading him when the rest of the team is up to par. It'll be a shame having to see which of the 6 will have to take the bench for the bird, but if they all prove worthy, I guess I could allow a rotating team of 7 (or more, if I continue to get lucky with some cool WT Pokemon. I know I have a Gastly that I might want to use)

Last edited:

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
Years
Got my Dynamo Badge from Wattson, and also got the Mach Bike to obtain myself a new team memeber: Aron! Made it to Verdanturf Town and trained up my new Aron a bit on the way. Now my team consists of Hono the Combusken, BEAT the Loudred, and Big Mac the Aron.

Aron's nickname will be more fitting later...xD

Years
Well, I completed my National Pokédex in Omega Ruby today. I still had some trade evolutions I had yet to get like Porygon-Z, Slowking and Electivire, among other Pokémon that were not immediately present, but I was lucky enough to get some extras off the GTS. I did have to trade a couple legendaries, but I made it! And I got the Shiny Charm.

Now to possibly get myself a shiny or two.

ugtgrime

Lomax
Years
Bought OR a couple of days back. After 11 hours I'm at the weather institute. Team as it stands is Sceptile
Gyrados
Pikachu with MM
Linoone (hm slave)
Latios
Swalot

Levels 28 - 38. Latios isn't as OP as I thought but he can mega evolve which helps.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I've finally beaten 8 Gyms! omg

*confetti*

Caught Groudon after major difficulties (zomg those cutscenes) with whittling down its HP, putting it to sleep, etc. Called in Ruby and chucked it into the PC where it'll sit there and gather dust for eternity.

Wallace wasn't too difficult to defeat - all of my Pokemon played a role and none of mine were defeated. Atticus (Swellow) took out Luvdisc pretty easily. Milotic was a lot tougher to bring down; I started off with Charlotta (Sealeo) and took a while to paralyse it with Body Slam, before trying to stall out its Hydro Pumps, Ice Beams and Recovers. However I could only deal around 1/6 of Milotic's HP using Body Slam, so after a while I switched to Millie (Protean Kecleon). It took a lot of Psybeams (+ confusion), Shadow Claws and Strengths to eventually bring down Milotic.

From there it was a piece of cake. Ty (Sceptile) OHKOed Whiscash, and Tomas (Swalot) 2HKOed Wallace's Sealeo with Sludge Bomb. Finally, Jingle (Chimecho) took down Wallace's Seaking (though to Wallace's credit, Seaking did get Jingle down to red HP thanks to Rain Dance + Waterfall). It had taken almost 7 months, but I've finally beaten all 8 Gyms. Next step: explore the rest of the water routes and Pacifidlog before finally taking on the E4.

Current Team

sceptile.png

Ty (Sceptile), Lv 41

swellow.png

Atticus (Swellow), Lv 42

swalot.png

Tomas (Swalot), Lv 42

kecleon.png

Millie (Kecleon), Lv 41

chimecho.png

Jingle (Chimecho), Lv 42

sealeo.png

Charlotta (Sealeo), Lv 42

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I restarted OR a few months ago, and I've been kinda neglecting it until now. ^^; So far I have only have a Treecko who will be nicknamed once I get to Slateport, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back