• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
  • I was thinking on the bus today, and for now, there's no real reason for me to keep a piece of my non-breeding collection on Y. Kalos and ORAS pokes aren't marked differently (both have the pentagon), so I'll probably merge everything to AS tonight or tomorrow. That'll make DexNav stuff a bit less tedious, and prioritize my run through the game.

So far I've earned 5 badges. I thought the sequence between gyms 4 and 5, and back to Mauville was kind of rushed and haphazard. I know GF probably inserted it to cut down on grinding, but in my opinion the execution is lacking.

Other than the Alakazite that PlatinumDude shared with us some days ago, I haven't found any stray Mega Stones lying around. I'll probably revisit that search after I'm done playing through.

Soft resetting for an ideal-natured Latias was just irritating. I hope GF doesn't continue this trend (Yveltal and Xerneas were similar, iirc) where we have to sit through 5 minutes of dialogue to catch a legendary and check its stats. I wanted to punch Steven in his pretty boy face by the time I managed to get a Modest Latias. His waxing poetic discourse about its sublime beauty was just cheesy and pretentious. I know he's supposed to be my friend in this game, but I'm looking forward to kicking his teeth in ruthlessly at the Pokemon League.

Maybe I'm just salty because I'm used to the old model of waltzing up to my prospective poke, chatting it up, catching it and moving on with my life, sans 5 more minutes of idle chit chat.

Current Rotation:

Jolteon, Timid, Lv 32
    Metagross, Shiny, Adamant, Lv. 34
    Marshtomp, crappy nature, Lv. 35
    Pinsir, crappy nature, Lv. 27
    Gardevoir, Modest, Lv. 30
    Gallade, Bold (will be replacing with a Jolly one on Y), Lv. 29
    Growlithe, Impish, Lv. 28
    Nidorino, crappy nature, Lv. 27
    Shroomish, Jolly, Lv. 32
    Latias, Modest, Lv. 30

I think the fact that I've been able to maintain a rotation this big on par with my in-game opponents' levels is a testament to the argument that Exp. Share overlevels a team. Nonetheless, I'm enjoying myself.

/longchat. Took me a long time to find this thread.

Years
  • Well, I just beat the game. The Elite Four weren't too difficult at all, as I had the proper coverage for them (although Phoebe was a little annoying). Then we came to the Champion, Steven! Not only was my team rather low leveled going in, but I wanted to try to give my entire team chances to fight. I had a Magnezone, which could easily take most of his team but I didn't want to get too dirty.
    -Skarmory was 2HKO'ed by Purity thanks to Thunderbolt, although he healed.
    -Aggron came after that, and I brought in Makit. I used Fake Out and got rid of Sturdy, before taking less than half from Iron Tail then slamming him with Close Combat.
    -Claydol was next, and I went to Sunnyside...before realizing I forgot to put back Solar Beam! (I got rid of it for Dazzling Gleam before I took on Drake.) He used Extra Sensory, then I set up Sunny Day and put him to sleep after. He didn't wake up, so Giga Drain was a 2HKO.
    -Cradily came after, and that was perfect for Parallel...except for Confuse Ray, which did prove to be an annoyance but I did get him out of the picture thanks to Flash Cannon.
    -Armaldo was after. Gnarly did less than half with a Soft Sand boosted Earth Power, and I missed with Draco Meteor, so he killed me. Purity finished him.
    -Finally, Metagross was last. I went to my own ace, Swampert, to take him. We both Mega Evolved, and he missed with Giga Impact as I used Rain Dance. I was then faster, and used Scald, which hit for only around 37% or so even with rain, but it burned him, so his Zen Headbutt only did a bit over 1/4 my health. From near half, Earthquake finished him, winning me the fight!

Then there was the same stuff that happens in the originals, May shows up but i've already won, and then we entered the Hall of Fame. The final battle against May was nothing worth reporting, either. I did feel bad defeating her Mega Sceptile, though. ): But what happened afterwards was so cute. And so were the credits! (:

Here was my final team:
    Bellossom (M) "Sunnyside", Level 52
    Flygon (M) "Gnarly", Level 52
    Magnezone "Parallel", Level 52
    Hariyama "Makit", Level 52
    Gardevoir (M) "Purity", Level 52
    Swampert (M) "Slippers", Level 52

And that's that! I beat the entire game without ever using the Exp. Share or any items in battle. I'll probably do the Delta Episode tonight after I get home from work. (I could do it now while i'm still at college, but eh.)

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • I downloaded Alpha Sapphire around midnight last week, and I have been taking my time with it ever since. In fact, for the past day or so, I had been hunting for a decent Recover or Moonlight Sableye with its Hidden Ability of Prankster in Granite Cave, and I only caught mine a few minutes ago.

Current Roster:

Ruby the Sableye (Lv. 12, Relaxed female)

Ruby is the result of a few days worth of Dexnaving for a Prankster Sableye with either Recover or Moonlight (in her case, it's Moonlight). As a result, she is very underleveled at the moment, but I am sure Ruby will come in handy soon.

Jolene the Skitty (Lv. 30, Adamant female)

Jolene was my second capture for my party, who I also caught with the DexNav feature. I was originally going to use her as a Baton Passer since she knows Baton Pass, but due to her Ability of Normalize, she is a lot more useful in battle than I expected. Although I am not even at Fallarbor Town yet, which gives Jolene plenty of time to be replaced if need be, she has pleasantly surprised me so far.

Rick the Surskit (Lv. 29, Modest male)

Ah, Rick...my first team member other than my starter! I decided to DexNav in search of Surskit right before I hit Petalburg, and thankfully, the first one I encountered with Hydro Pump had an excellent nature, so I used him. Due to the fact that Surskit and Masquerain have such different learnsets, I plan on keeping Rick a Surskit until he learns Sticky Web.

Tyra the Combusken (Lv. 32, Hasty female)

Tyra was my starter, who took quite a bit of time to SR for. I was adamant on starting with a female Torchic with a good enough nature, but I eventually got sick of SRing for an Adamant or Jolly female that refused to appear, so I settled for a Hasty female. I am already pretty attached to Tyra; she has been a big part of the battles for my three badges so far.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Soft resetting for an ideal-natured Latias was just irritating. I hope GF doesn't continue this trend (Yveltal and Xerneas were similar, iirc) where we have to sit through 5 minutes of dialogue to catch a legendary and check its stats.

Latios and Latias can actually be Synchronized with what seems to be 100% effectiveness. And if you talked to Steven you could leave the Island and then come back, so if you didn't have one on you at the time you could have done that. Just in case!

Day: 004 [Nov. 24, 20014]

I kick off the day by heading over to the 4th Gym and challenging Flannery! I liked the idea and concept of the Gym's mechanics, but was turned off a little by how straightforward it was. Regardless, I reach Flannery and, after enjoying her small outbursts, proceed to wipe the floor with her. As I step out of the Gym, badge in hand, I am greeted by May who gives me the option to accompany her to Petalburg. I was a little taken aback by the sudden transportation to the next Gym, wondering if I should have just gone there myself, but decided it was fine since it just saved up a lot of time for me anyway.

With that, I enter the 5th Gym to face off my father! Unlike the previous Gym, I both liked and enjoyed the dynamics of this one. There's nothing too outstanding about it, but I like how you can either go through a whole, singular route or you can backtrack every time to face the other trainer you would have otherwise missed. In any case, I reach Norman and we face off! After an thrilling, action-packed battle with my father [Not really, OHKO'd 2/3 of his Pokés. xD] and a nice father-son scene, we head outside to bump into Wally once more! After a nice chat I am rewarded with Surf! Wally and I head off and our fathers bond in a nice, short scene right after. I liked that.

From here I am instantly transported once more to Mauville City and am left with a promise from Wally to battle the next time we meet. I head over to Route 118, cross the gap with my new Surf and bump into Steven. As we are both about to leave we receive a surprise visit from Latias! She takes us to Southern Island and we not only get to meet Latios, but the second Team Magma Admin, Courtney! I was really looking forward to seeing more of her in game and she did not disappoint; I love her personality! After a quick fight with Courtney and a Team Magma Grunt I am rewarded with Latios. I honestly wish I could have been given the chance to fight it and then capture it rather than receiving it as a gift, but hey, I'll be doing that with Latias [whom I prefer] once I get my hands on the Eon Ticket, so that's fine! Immediately after getting Latios I am also given a Mega Bracelet from Steven himself! I like the integration of Latios [and Latias] into the story to introduce the character to Mega Evolutions. [I still wish we could have fought Latios instead, but I digress]

Having captured a Timid Abra with Synchronize, I decided to spend as much time as I could getting at least some good IVs on Latios. Luckily enough, I got a really good one on my second Soft Reset! A Timid Latios with an IV spread of 31/18/30/28/30/30, which was really sweet! After that Latias takes us back to Route 118 where Steven and I part ways and I am back on my adventure! I proceed towards Route 123, being utterly surprised by both the vast amount of Berries and the new area's size, then head back and make my way to Route 119. [All the while capturing all the Pokémon I can for the DexNav.]

I am absolutely in love with Route 119. It was one of the most memorable areas for me back when I first played these games and it is virtually unchanged. I was so happy by that. Anyways, I continue on my adventure, finding a nice, new place for my [Super] Secret Base and I bump into Team Magma yet again! I head inside the Weather Institute to see what they are up to. On the second floor I am greeted with a scene I do not remember at all from the original, one where Tabitha is questioning Maxie's motives. Really interesting. I continue, fighting off the Team Magma Grunts and then I face off against Tabitha! I OHKO his Pokémon and, with a really nice, updated scene, Tabitha leaves. After I am told about what they were up to and am given my Castform, I head down, get my Rocky Helmet from the scientist that was slapped and continue onwards!

Lo and behold, before I get to reach Fortree City I am stopped by May. I remember being so upset to have to fight yet again at this point when I was a kid, but now I was glad to get to see her again. We battle, I win, we talk some more and I then get to finally reach Fortree City! First thing I do is enter the Pokémon Center, heal and then save before turning it off for the night.

~ My team up until this point:

260.gif

Swampert

289.gif

Slaking: HM Slave #1 [Cut, Rock Smash, Strength]

300.gif

Skitty: Removed Flash, now she's only for Secret Power

184.gif

Azumarill: HM Slave #2 [Surf]

Spr_3e_Egg.png

Lavaridge Town Egg

Last edited:
    Years
  • A new update!

AlphaSapphire:

-Went through the Safari Zone, caught some Pokemon, and sent them out on WonderTrade.
    -When I got a Kecleon in WonderTrade, I didn't think I would use it. I'm glad I kept it on my team as it's approaching level 50.
    -Making preparations to journey to Mossdeep City.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I forgot to mention this, but I got Pokerus during my chain of Electrike on Day 3 (midday). I expected a shiny first, but this is good too.

Candela's Hoenn Journal: Day 3 (night)

I continued to chain Electrike. Search lv 60 and I still haven found one I like. Oh well, I caught a female with Fire Fang and a male with Ice Fang, so that'll do. Dropped them into the daycare and picked up an egg immediately. Whatever it'll hatch into. may it be guy or girl, I'll still get an elemental fang Electrike.

Anyway, I explored Mauville again and picked up the Mach Bike ('cause I'm in for speed). Went back and forth from Mauville to Slateport trying to chain Electrike again (hoping for a Lightning Rod one, bah). No luck.

Bu still, after all that I went to Vedanturf. Tally participated in the contests again and gaining access to the Master Rank Coolness Contest.

And then I got impatient and just take out one of my old DPPt contest Pokemon from the Bank and conquered all of them anyway (after learning that she can eat Pokeblocks again. MAX ALL THE CONTEST STATS!). I ended up challenging Lisia at the end and barely won with a 1-point difference. Got me a Luracrionite and a pretty Secret Base decor after all that trouble, and my contest Pokemon ended up getting a Contest Star ribbon thanks to my recklessness.

But then I realized that I spent too much time there, so I immediately go to Mauville and defeated Wattson. I ended up being overleveled thanks to using DexNav a lot. Oh well, Alpha Sapphire. Added challenge: No Contests or DexNav 'til post-league.

And then I skimmed through the trainers to meet Aurune. I can't wait to pick up Surf and regain my old Secret Base at Route 115.

Although, I ended up staying up 'til 1AM this time. I should stop doing that.

~End Day 3 (night)~​

Current Team:
    Scepteelee | Grovyle M | Lv 25
    Charming | Linoone M | Lv 25
    Amimi | Skitty F | Lv 25
    Tally | Taillow F | Lv 25

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Today I now have a total of 6 gym badges, did more trading, and got Latias. Of course, in process of getting those badges, I made my first Secret Base, ran into Team Aqua a couple times, beat Archie, and got some things like Mega Bracelet, Swampertite, etc. My Pokemon also have got to their final forms.
    My current team:
    Swampert
    Sceptile
    Charizard
    Lucario
    Zebstrika
    Latias

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Well, good news to folks scoping out the mega - it looks like Sceptile learns more Dragon-type moves now. I was training one yesterday and it learned Dual Chop.

Crossing my fingers for Ice Punch on Swampert.

Route 120 at night is friggin gorgeous. I was truly captivated by the reflection of the stars on the surface of the water.

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day Five of my Travel Journal:

Outside of the game: Yesterday I got the updates done for both PokeBank and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I also transferred Diancie from Pokemon X to Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

In the game: My events started with me clearing Team Aqua out of the Weather Institute. After that, I got Castform and the Rocky Helmet. After I left the Weather Institute, I ran into May again. Before the battle with her, she sounded like she was jealous about the Mega Bracelet that I got. After beating her, I made my way to Fortree City.

While in Fortree, I bought a desk for my [Super] Secret Base, and got Diancie's Mega Stone. I then briefly headed to Route 120 where Steven was waiting. He then gave me the Devon Scope so I could see the invisible Kecleon. After I beat it, Steven gave me Swampert's Mega Stone. I then headed back to Fortree to have my next gym battle.

When I battled against Winona, I used Luke, Anakin, and Yoda in that battle. After I beat her, I headed east to clear Routes 120 and 121. When I was on those routes, I found five more [Super] Secret Bases. I then headed to the Safari Zone. While I was at the Safari Zone, caught five or six more Pokemon. After I was done there, I headed to Lilycove.

While I was in Lilycove, I battled and beat May again. After that, I headed to the Department Store to buy a few things. I then headed to the Move Deleter to get rid of one of Luke's moves. After I finished up my business in Lilycove, I headed to Mt Pyre. When I got to Mt. Pyre, I proceeded to make my through there. I even critical caught the Pokemon who became my fifth team member. After beating members of Team Aqua there, including Aqua Admin Matt, I then headed to Slateport. While in Slateport, I met up with Captain Stern. After doing a battle in the harbor that was not there in the original games, Captain Stern took me back to Lilycove so I could look for Team Aqua's Hideout. That was where I stopped for the night. I have seen 134 Pokemon and caught 60.

Star Wars Jedi Team
    Luke (Swampert)
    L60/Naughty
    Hold Item: Swampertite
    Moves: Rock Slide, Surf, Earthquake

Obi-Wan (Swellow)
    L52/Lax
    Hold Item: Amulet Coin
    Moves: Air Slash, Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Fly

Anakin (Manectric)
    L47/Gentle
    Hold Item: Manectite
    Moves: Bite, Thunder Fang, Strength, Discharge

Yoda (Torkoal)
    L45/Timid
    Hold Item: None
    Moves: Rock Smash, Secret Power, Lava Plume, Flamethrower

Ki-Adi (Shuppet)
    L32/Quirky
    Hold Item: Banettite
    Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Feint Attack, Hex, Shadow Ball

Mace Windu (to be caught)

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • My first ever travel journal. This one is on Omega Ruby. Well, I've already gotten 3 badges over the past 3 days, so I'll consolidate all 3 into this post. The ones in spoilers are pretty long...

Day 1:
    Nothing much really. Picked Treecko as my starter and downloaded the shiny beldum. Trained both to Lv7 and defeated May using treecko.

I teared a little after watching the introduction. Game Freak has certainly nailed this one. A great way to throwback to the original one. Too much nostalgia (7.8/10?)

Day 2:
    Spoiler:

Day 3:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I beat Roxanne. She was as easy as I remembered, even though I had to fight left-handed with Mudkip. It evolved into Marshtomp after the battle. Regarding the AreaNav's Trainer's Eyes function, I was surprised that the trainers registered in it wanted rematches after the Rustboro Gym, instead of after beating Norman. That gave me some good training opportunities. I also got the Devon Goods back from Team Aqua and set foot on Dewford.

Current team:

Marshtomp, male, level 17
    MDP259.png

-Tackle
    -Rock Tomb
    -Water Gun
    -Mud Shot
    Nature: Adamant

Beldum, level 14
    -
    MDP374.png

-Hold Back
    -Iron Head
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Iron Defense

Zigzagoon, male, level 14
    MDP263.png

-Headbutt
    -Baby-Doll Eyes
    -Tail Whip
    -Cut
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Pickup

Lotad, female, level 14 (I'm not evolving this until it gets Mega Drain)
    MDP270.png

-Astonish
    -Growl
    -Absorb
    -Bubble
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Swift Swim

Ralts, male, level 14
    MDP280.png

-Disarming Voice
    -Confusion
    -Magical Leaf
    -Double Team
    Ability: Trace

Taillow, male, level 14
    MDP276.png

-Roost
    -Wing Attack
    -Focus Energy
    -Quick Attack
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Scrappy

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I keep forgetting that Taillow evolved already lol.

Candela's Hoenn Journal: Day 4

Where was I last at... oh right, Route 111, after meeting Aurune. So after healing with the nice old lady at route 111, I went to do some back tracking. The Electrike egg hatched along the way, male so I nicknamed him Quick. I temporarily switched my battle style to set just to train him.

Anyway, I spent the day training him, as well as chaining for Skarmory for a bit. Missed one with Stealth Rocks... eh, I can live with that.

Over at Fallabor, I noticed that QUICK BALLS ARE FOR SALE OVER HEAR **** YEAH! I've been searching for Quick Balls since the beginning. I'm mad that my Electrike isn't in a Quick Ball. But eh, now I can catch HA Pokemon in Quick Balls. :D

Also, I noticed that every Pokeball now gets the Premier Ball bonus.

Anyway, went and saved Professor Cozmo, Electrike evolved during the process. And since I tend to get distracted with ORAS when I still have assignments to do, I ended my journey early.

Also, I've been doing the Pokemon Contest Spectacular just to get more Comet Shards. Dang I need more money.

~End Day 4~​
    Current Team:
    Scepteelee | Grovyle M | Lv 29
    Charming | Linoone M | Lv 29
    Amimi | Skitty F | Lv 29
    Tally | Swellow F | Lv 29
    Quick | Manectric M | Lv 26

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'd just made it to the Abandoned Ship - now known as Sea Mauville - before trying to take a screenshot on the very edge of the girder sticking out of the top of the ship when I soft reset by accident. It sent me back to where I'd saved just before battling and defeating Norman, so I lost some progress. Thankfully, I brought myself right back to where I'd been before and traveled a bit further, to the Weather Institute. I'm currently on the ground floor, the wreckage of two downed Team Aqua grunts in my wake. I know what to expect on the next floor from my history with the original games, but anything can happen in remakes...

Current team:

260.gif
    286.png
    323.png
    375.png
    328.png
    380.png

Palus (Swampert) Level 37
    Adamant @ No item
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Brick Break
    - Rock Slide

A friend of mine gave Marshtomp these moves (minus Rock Slide) at Level 17, don't judge.

260.png
    286.gif
    323.png
    375.png
    328.png
    380.png

Russel (Breloom) Level 35
    Gentle @ Miracle Seed
    - Mega Drain
    - Mach Punch
    - Force Palm
    - Leech Seed

260.png
    286.png
    323.gif
    375.png
    328.png
    380.png

Apollo (Camerupt) Level 34
    Bold @ No item
    - Lava Plume
    - Amnesia
    - Earth Power
    - Rock Slide

260.png
    286.png
    323.png
    375.gif
    328.png
    380.png

Metang (Metang) Level 35
    Bashful @ Metagrossite
    - Iron Head
    - Iron Defense
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Bullet Punch

260.png
    286.png
    323.png
    375.png
    328.gif
    380.png

hollywood (Trapinch) Level 31
    Hasty @ No item
    - Bulldoze
    - Crunch
    - Rock Slide
    - Earth Power

260.png
    286.png
    323.png
    375.png
    328.png
    380.gif

Effy (Latias) Level 32
    Relaxed @ Latiasite
    - Recover
    - Dragon Breath
    - Mist Ball
    - Surf

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Day: 005 [Nov. 25, 2014]

A lot of my morning was spent EV training my Swampert in Super Training and then spending a bit of time with it in Pokémon Amie. And by a lot I do mean a lot. I already get distracted enough as it is, so I actually spent a good chunk of my time doing this. xD

After I was done, however, I decide to head on towards the Gym! As expected I am stopped by a Kecleon mysterious, invisible object, so I have no option but to pass by the city. After getting a glimpse of Steven, I follow him up to the next route where I see him once more and he, for what seems to be the 50th time, gives me yet another gift: the Devon Scope! With the item in hand I head on back to the Gym, use it to startle the Kecleon out of the way and proceed to go inside!

The mechanics for this Gym were relatively easy, but definitely an improvement from previous ones. I quite enjoyed how the "puzzles" worked, regardless of not needing much thought to them. I then reach the lovely Winona and challenge her to a battle! With an overpowered starter [thanks to using it almost exclusively all throughout], she does not pose a threat and I manage to beat her with relative ease.

I am now capable of using Fly! First thing I do is get my Shiny Beldum from my PokéBank to take it to Mr. Stone over at Rustboro City to get that nice little dialogue piece from him. It's not much, but I wanted to be able to read it in-game nonetheless.

After that I return to Fortree City and make my way through the horde of trainers that await me in the upcoming Routes ahead. I bump into Team Magma, who mention something about going to Mt. Pyre, but continue on ahead to Lilycove City to both be able to Fly back to it later and heal up my Pokémon. My Wynaut egg also hatched on the way there! After all of that is done I head on down to Mt. Pyre!

Once I arrive I am instantly greeted with a Shuppet, an absolute delight to see since Ghost is one of my two favorite Pokémon types [Aside from Water. Ghost tends to be in the lead more than half of the time, but the on other half they're tied, so.]. After a rather depressing [though oddly filled with happy music when meeting other trainers] climb through Mt. Pyre, I reach the top. I battle the Grunts and reach the top, where Maxie has just acquired stolen the Red Orb. I take the Blue Orb [as the screen shakes and pulses eerily] and I go to Slateport in pursuit of Maxie! Once I get there I witness their successful Submarine stealing operation. I fly back to Lilycove, where Team Magma's hideout is, save and turn in for the night.

~My team up until this point:

260.gif

Swampert

286.gif

Breloom: Realized I caught an ideal natured Shroomish early on, so I decided to use her!

289.gif

Slaking: HM Slave #1 [Cut, Rock Smash, Strength]

279.gif

Pelipper: HM Slave #2 [Surf, Fly, Secret Power]

I have finally made more than 15 posts, so I can finally use images to represent my team! [Went back and edited the previous posts, too!]

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just beat the E4 for the first time. The credits are actually nice this time around, but really dang slow. After the credits was a little lackluster though :\ Here was my final team:

sceptile.gif

Clyde the Sceptile @ Sceptilite (Lvl 64)
    Ability: Overgrow
    Dual Chop| Leaf Blade | X-Scissor | Detect

I completely neglected the poor guys Sp. Atk but I plan to do a complete overhaul of his attacks.

manectric.gif

Andi the Manectric @ Safety Goggles (Lvl 56)
    Ability: Static
    Discharge | Thunder Wave | Flamethrower | Secret Power

Was originally just for Secret Power but then became a main member when she destroyed Winona.

gallade.gif

Wally the Gallade @ Metronome (Lvl 57)
    Ability: Steadfast
    False Swipe | Psycho Cut | Swords Dance | Close Combat

A great Pokemon that didn't get to see too much battling after getting hit with critical hits everytime I revived him.

skarmory.gif

Irene the Skarmory @ Quick Claw (Lvl 51)
    Ability: Sturdy
    Fly | Rock Smash | Steel Wing | Slash

Was originally an HM slave but has helped a ton of times, especially against Phoebe

gyarados.gif

Dave the Gyarados @ Bright Powder (Lvl 47)
    Ability: Intimidate
    Waterfall | Crunch | Dive | Surf

My other HM slave that I got way late into the game (Sootopolis late). He was really useful for getting around Froslass.

sandslash.gif

Shelly the Sandslash @ Lucky Egg (Lvl 55)
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Earthquake | Stone Edge | Gyro Ball | Strength

Another late catch since I removed half of my original team for new members. Stone Edge destroyed most of Drake's team and Earthquake nearly killed M-Metagross twice before Steven used Full Restore and Giga Impact.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Today I have now collected all the gym badges, and preparing to challenge the Pokemon league. Since I have the last gym badge, the Shiny Mew my friend gave me can now obey me. Also, I CAUGHT KYOGRE WITH A REGULAR POKEBALL! #BraggingRights {XD}
    My team:
    Swampert (has mega stone)
    Sceptile
    Charizard
    Zebstrika
    Shiny Mew

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I beat Brawly. He was much easier than Roxanne really; I literally 2HKOed his Makuhita with Marshtomp (thanks to the Super Training I did); the only thing it did back was Sand Attack. I delivered the letter to Steven in Granite Cave. I was surprised that Granite Cave changed a lot since Gen III. I was expecting to go through a dark maze to reach Steven, but he was in the room the Ruin Maniacs were blocking. The dark maze must be the one where the Mach Bike is needed, but I'm not up to that point yet.

I went to Slateport and the nostalgia of listening to its music was simply overwhelming. I also cleared Team Aqua out of the museum and met Archie.

Marshtomp, male, level 20
    MDP259.png

-Tackle
    -Rock Tomb
    -Water Gun
    -Mud Shot

Beldum, level 17
    -
    MDP374.png

-Hold Back
    -Iron Head
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Iron Defense

Zigzagoon, male, level 17
    MDP263.png

-Headbutt
    -Baby-Doll Eyes
    -Tail Whip
    -Cut
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Pickup

Lotad, female, level 17 (I'm not evolving this until it gets Mega Drain)
    MDP270.png

-Astonish
    -Mist
    -Absorb
    -Bubble
    Ability: Swift Swim

Ralts, male, level 17
    MDP280.png

-Disarming Voice
    -Confusion
    -Magical Leaf
    -Flash
    Ability: Trace

Taillow, male, level 17
    MDP276.png

-Roost
    -Wing Attack
    -Steel Wing
    -Quick Attack
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Scrappy

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Day: 006 [Nov. 26, 2014]

Today was a relatively short day. I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked on the game, having been busy for a lot of the day. Regardless, let's get on to my journey!

I start off by making Team Magma's Hideout my #1 priority! Once there I immediately fall in love with how it's designed. It looks absolutely stunning. I love how they kept the teleportation pads, especially the original animation where your character twirls into the air, that was freakin' great. The lava being visible through the transparent pipes was also a really nice touch. I make my way through their base, talking to every Grunt along the way and enjoying the quirky conversations this game never ceases to have, finding Courtney and Tabitha's rooms [with really nice touches about their personalities] and then stealing Maxie's Master Ball before reaching the last area.

After fighting a horde of Team Magma Grunts [which I thought was really cool], I find Courtney along their... interestingly re-designed submarine. I fight her, giving Team Magma the necessary time to escape, and am given a hint as to their next location by Courtney herself. She is honestly one of my favorite characters in the game.

With that, I leave the hideout, get on my Pelipper and Surf towards Mossdeep City! It was actually really nice to finally get to reach this place after having played the demo. It gave me a different sort of nostalgic feeling outside of the original game, which was really nice. After speaking to everyone, getting my Super Rod and investigating the Shoal Cave, I make my way to the 7th Gym!

Ok, yeah, I really like this Gym. The battles, as per usual, were nothing special, but the interior design, along with the traveling mechanics in which you float, were a super nice touch. After battling every trainer, I walk float up to Tate and Liza! So far they have my favorite pre-battle pose/stance animation. I did not expect them to have only two Pokémon [especially since they were immediately out in the field due to it being a Double Battle], but I beat them nonetheless and got my 7th Gym Badge! One more to go!

I head out of the Gym to witness an earth-shaking beam of light emerge from the middle of the sea. Steven is nearby and notices the same thing, walking up to me and offering to go speak in privacy. Once we reach his home he lets me know that the light we had just seen was a sign that the seal holding the Ancient Pokémon has been broken, something I do not remembering being a part of the original game [the beam of light, I mean] and is heavily appreciated. He then gives me Dive, trusting in me to help him out against Team Magma and tells me where I could try to find them.

After this I head out, work on changing a couple of party members [which I will list below] before saving, turning the game off and calling it a night!

~ My team up until this point:
    260.gif

Swampert

310.gif

Manectric: A brand new addition to the team, replacing Breloom as my second battler when in need!

289.gif

Slaking: HM Slave #1 [Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Secret Power]

149.gif

Dragonite: Brand New HM Slave #2 [Fly, Surf, Dive]

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Finally got Alpha Sapphire, just reached Petalburg Woods so far

My team:

Treecko Lv9
    Beldum Lv8

I also have a Taillow, 2 Lotads (second one caught while testing the hidden pokemon feature) and a Wingull, these will be placed in the PC eventually.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day Six of my Travel Journal:

Well my events of yesterday started with me going to Team Aqua's Hideout. While I was there, one of the researchers told me something about Aqua Admin Shelly's past. I of course remembered to get the Master Ball while I was there. One of the battles there was quite interesting since I had to battle quintuplets. The last battle I did there was against Aqua Admin Matt. After beating him, I left the Team Aqua Hideout.

After leaving Team Aqua's Hideout, I headed east to Mossdeep City. When I got there, one of the things I did was head to the gym. The gym battle against Tate and Lisa was too easy, one use of Surf from Luke knocked out both of their Pokemon. After leaving the gym it showed a cutscene where Team Aqua had succeeded in breaking the seal of the Seafloor Cavern. After the cutscene, I headed to Steven's house where he gave me Dive. I then left Mossdeep.

I then decided to checkout dive spots on Routes 124 and 126. While I was on Route 126, I found another [Super] Secret Base. After checking the base out, I headed back to Route 125 and Shoal Cave. Course when I was at Shoal Cave, it was low tide so I was able to get most of the items. (I will need to go back at high tide to get the remaining items.) After leaving Shoal Cave, I headed through Routes 127 and 128. While on Route 128, I used Dive to reach the Seafloor Cavern.

After entering Seafloor Cavern, I proceeded to make my way through it. When I reached Archie, I entered a battle against him. His Mega Sharpedo stood no chance against my Mega Swampert. After that, he succeeded in awakening Kyogre. After that, I needed to head to Sootopolis City.

When I got to Sootopolis City, Steven and Wallace were waiting for me. When we headed to the Cave of Origin enterance, turns out that Maxie, Archie, and Shelly were waiting there. Then May showed up and friend zoned me. After a long conversation, I then entered and made my way through the Cave of Origin. When I reached close to the bottom, Kyogre showed up to take me to the Hoenn Core. After reaching the Hoenn Core, I proceeded to battle and catch Kyogre. After catching Kyogre, I exited the Cave of Origin.

After a long cutscene, I made my way to the Sootopolis Gym. That was where I battled and defeated Wallace. After I defeated him, I headed back to Littleroot to get my Pokedex upgraded. After doing that, I headed to Route 115 to deal with some things. That was stopped for the night. I have currently seen 157 Pokemon and caught 66.

Star Wars Jedi Team
    Luke (Swampert)
    L67/Naughty
    Hold Item: Swampertite
    Moves: Rock Slide, Surf, Earthquake, Dive

Obi-Wan (Swellow)
    L58/Lax
    Hold Item: Amulet Coin
    Moves: Air Slash, Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Fly

Anakin (Manectric)
    L53/Gentle
    Hold Item: Manectite