• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    The Twitch Plays Pokemon experiment has taken the world by storm, with over 24 million views total and an average of around 80,000 viewers at all times.
    It's been quite a while since I last saw the stream at 80k? Since we finished the Rocket Hideout, it seems as though we've lost quite a few viewers, probably because of the whole democracy vs anarchy system, but ehh. I think the stream might blow up as we near the E4/the Victory Road though :p

I soo want a Helix Fossil shirt hngg

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Victory Road is going to be insane. I'm looking forward to it, but not looking forward to it. Also, I hope they don't go to Seafoam Islands now. I know I said it'd be funny, but now there's no DigRat to get us out and I'm sure we'd be lost forever in there.

Yeah, I think after the shirt I just ordered comes in, I'll pick up a Helix shirt. RedBubble is slowly taking claim to my soul, and Helix Fossil shirts just ensures it. -throws money at RedBubble- There are even Dome shirts...idk why you'd want those.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Remember when they were in the Team Rocket hideout? I cannot wait to see them revisit the puzzle in Giovanni's Gym, but then comes Victory Road, which will be a lot of fun...

Also, I hear that they will continue this into Gen 2 after they beat the Elite Four, maybe even into Gen 3, but only time will tell.

Years
    These memes about this stream are becoming harder to ignore as it creeps into the mainstream Pokemon fandom. I'm almost compelled to watch now, even though it's consistently been hard to watch since they've been screwing up so often. :(

The thing is though this guy isn't taking anyone's game away for them. Twitch Plays Pokemon is for everyone. If this guy wants to spend his time going against the grain in order to troll everyone else then that's his prerogative.

This reminds me of when I used to team-kill people in cod and other players would threaten to hack me and report my gamertag despite me not doing anything illegal or against the rules of the game. Team-killing was an in-game feature that I decided to use for my own enjoyment because that's how I got my kicks with Call Of Duty. (I mean how else could I enjoy such a terrible game lol)

Just like this guy appears to be getting his kicks by making this game as difficult as possible for those taking it seriously. Again that's his prerogative. Even if you don't like it he's still completely within his rights and shouldn't have his account shutdown for what he's doing.

I think abusing the report system in order to get somebody's account shutdown is a poorer display of character than what this troll is doing.

In many multiplayer games, griefing will get you kicked from matches, if not outright banned from multiplayer, particularly in games with servers that are player controlled (but since the newer CoD games have no player controlled servers, PKing is disabled in many of the less hardcore modes because people who played like you caused it to get disabled). He's griefing the stream, which should at the very least get him kicked from the channel and quite possibly from Twitch (at least temporarily if not permanently) for griefing another user's stream. Then again, it's Twitch, and Twitch has drama of its own without bringing in the griefing going on in the TPP stream, so it's a coin-toss as to whether they'll do anything about the griefing going on in TPP.

Years
    Last Pokemon fainted from poison when they were right in front of the Secret Key. You just can't make this up.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Exactly what he donavannj said pretty much, raiding a game goes against Twitch's ToS and that's exactly what he was doing. He was trying to create as much of a problem he could and stagger our progress. And from my perspective, the point of this experiment wasn't to create as much chaos and destruction done and never get finished, it's too see if thousands of people can get a game finish together. And what he did wasn't helping at all and ruined that progress for us. I mean spent a whole bunch of time getting as far as we did and if he managed to release our strongest Pokemon, we'd be pretty screwed after that. We'd have to catch all new Pokemon and train them, which with 50k+ usually in the stream, that would never get done. So we're best to keep the Pokemon we have until the game is finished. I'm sure anyone gets angry when they're playing a game they've been spent hours on and then the game is shut off by accident. Then you have to start all over from where you last save and spend hours again doing that. With one person, that's no big deal, but with thousands of people, that's very difficult. I'm sure if we release Pidgeot, a lot of people would give up. He's our only hope basically. So yeah we had did is wrong just for the factor how much he could of cause if his plans were successful.

That's probably random , but whatever.

Oh man we were so close to getting the Secret Key just now. :( Now let's just get back to the Pokemon Mansion without PC troubles.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    yeeeee lord helix has risen!

Twitch Plays pokemon

Although, do you think people would just leave if Lord Helix gets released? I mean, we would still be able to progress and maybe win, but the spirit might just drop out of the play.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Our LORD has risen! There is no doubt that people are going to try to abandon the Almighty Lord Helix, but I'm pretty sure 90% of people will do everything they can to prevent it. Prolly next to Bird Jesus in terms of how much of a fight people will put up to save it!

Dat poison death. There's so many wacky occurrences in this playthrough. 8D

Years

Let's make designs and put them up on RedBubble. Then our dreams will come true.

Edit: That was fast. https://www.redbubble.com/explore/helix+fossil

So many nice designs, I might actually end up buying one. The start9 one looks really nice, even though I hate people using start9.

Dat poison death. There's so many wacky occurrences in this playthrough. 8D

Just our luck really. It feels like a repeat of whirlwind vs Kangaskhan.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    Oh man, I can't believe I missed us fainting in front of the Secret Key. xD

Also I'm very impressed we managed to raise Lord Helix. Very exciting indeed.

I really want that t-shirt that says Keep Calm and Consult the Helix Fossil.

Edit: what's with all the "WE NEED TO BEAT MISTY" in the chat stream? O_o

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Need to beat Misty was the goal that the Doc had for us for a few hours. I don't know where it originated- if it was there by mistake, or a joke, or what- but it was there for long enough that a lot of people noticed and were like ???

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2014
    Need to beat Misty was the goal that the Doc had for us for a few hours. I don't know where it originated- if it was there by mistake, or a joke, or what- but it was there for long enough that a lot of people noticed and were like ???

Since we were walking back through Pewter and Pallet, it would be funny if people seeing the stream for the first time thought we had only gotten one or two badges after 11 days.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Guys. This is hilarious. We challenged an NPC to a battle while we were stuck behind him in a 1x2 space. And ofc we beat him and now he won't move. We're stuck. lmfao the only way out is to either use our escape rope (unlikely) or grind until everyone faints (more likely and better for us).

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Watching this and listening to the music is easily better than anything on tv at 1:40am, Can't believe we are stuck here till we die (once again)

Treecko

Years
    We were stuck in that place for so long, I made a gif to pass the time.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Reblog it/like it on tumblr if you like. Please. :) https://awolfsquared.tumblr.com/post/77762877630/we-were-stuck-in-this-place-for-a-few-hours-so-i

So glad we go out there. Thank Helix. Now back to getting the Secret Key!

Last edited:

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
    So that's why Pokemon Mansion has taken so long. They got stuck. Game over in front of the Secret Key. That image is priceless.

No clue how long this is going to take. Our Lord Helix will help us.

Treecko

Years
    For a moment it looked like Destiny's Gang was back because they was a lot of people spamming Democracy. We've been at trying to get the Secret Key mission for over 17 hours though so it could also be us realizing Democracy is better in Pokemon Mansion with all the puzzles and Poison types poisoning us and causing us to faint. I guess I'll see where we're at when I wake up.

From what I'm hearing, we just got the Secret Key and taught Nidoking Surf. AAAAAAAAA! We're going to beat Blaine! Here we go!!

Last edited:
    Years
    Blaine was defeated about ten minutes ago. He did not stand a chance against Zapdos who was Level 59 at the start of the battle. Getting off the island is more trouble than the really short gym battle.

Back