• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Type Combos!

Years
    Do you have a favourite type combination? If so, what is it and why is it your favourite? Alternatively, are there any type combinations that you dislike? Are there any type combinations you're hoping to see in future generations?

Years
    Anything with ghost i guess, ghost types having like a batting average of 98. That said certain type combos are destined to be ruined. Anything paired with grass tends to be troubled weakness wise as im pretty sure grass has the most amount of weaknesses by default

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    I like the combos/typings that only have one weakness. Normal, Electric, Steel/Bug, Poison/Dark, Water/Ground, Ghost/Dark, and Normal/Ghost.

SquirmyWorm064

I’m weird :>
    Years
    My fav typings are water/ground
    I love them so much because they only have one weakness, grass
    Same goes with Steel/Bug but with the weakness of fire

Years
    To respond to my own prompt, I would say that psychic/fairy has to be my favourite typing, simply due to the fact that fairy and psychic are my two favourite types! Moreover, Gardevoir, Galarian Rapidash, and Hatterne are all some of my favourite Pokémon! <3

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Identifies no clear favorite type combination. Appreciates typings with lots of resistances and not many weaknesses. Switches in well to boost against opponents. Tends to be Fairy/X, such as Fairy/Electric and Fairy/Steel. Was still not so smitten with it as to grab the latest Fairy/Steel for the recent Scarlet playthrough, however.

Dislikes Rock/Ground. Learned to not hate types with double weaknesses, given enough positive traits (such as Water/Ground and Bug/Steel). Is not one of those types. Dragged down a lot of Pokemon.

Awaits a Fire/Fairy type.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I really like fairy-ice combo pokemon. I think that they look cool. Also, any combo type with fire is cool because fire-type pokemon are my favorite.

Years
    I don't really have a favorite combination of types, nor a least favorite.
    As for which I'd like to see: any that currently don't exist.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    1. Poison/Dark – I love this type combination because it counters Poison's weakness to Psychic-type and includes all the added benefits of Dark-type such as Prankster immunity, which is rampant in the VGC, and the ability to take down Psychic and Ghost types. This is why Drapion is one of my all-time favorites.

2. Psychic/Dark – It's pretty much where opposites come together. This is a great combination for reasons similar to Poison/Dark, but it also makes the Psychic-type more of an offensive threat and protects it from Ghost-types offensively and somewhat defensively. This is why I love Malamar so much.

3. Fairy/Dark – Again, opposites come together and these two types can help each other out when paired, as they both do well covering each other's weaknesses, especially offensively.

4. Fire/Grass – I haven't gotten the chance to use this type yet, but I love weather and terrain. A Pokémon with this type-combination would be great with harsh sunlight and Grassy Terrain up at the same time.

5. Ice/Ground – This type-combination covers pretty much the vast majority of Pokémon in the game. If you love offense like me, you can't go wrong.

6. Normal/Psychic – Allows Psychic-types to completely be immune to their Ghost-type weaknesses as a trade for neutral damage against Fighting, which doesn't matter because Psychic wrecks Fighting anyway.

7. Fairy/Steel – This type-combination is op because you combine one of the best offensive types in the game, which is Fairy, with arguably the best defensive type in Steel, and you have a great combination here.

Back