• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ugliest pokemon gen9

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • What the title says! Who are some gen9 mons you think are really unsightly? And why is it a certain two headed chilli pepper mon?

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Scovillain upsets me greatly because we finally got a Fire/Grass type and it was wasted on this ugly f***ing thing.

Meowscarada for being yet another bipedal human-in-a-costume abomination.

Quaquaval for the same reason, plus it's annoying dancing movement, same reason I can't stand Hitmontop since it went to 3D.

Nacli line for being Minecraft Pokémon. I have said for years and continue to maintain that Minecraft is the absolute ugliest game I have ever seen. It gives me a headache to look at. I played it once, with some friends a couple of years ago because one of them really wanted our whole friend group to play it together on her birthday. I played for 5 hours and hated every second of it. Minecraft is utterly hideous and I will die on this hill.

Charcadet and evos for, once again, being just humans.

Bellibolt because I loved it the first time I saw it. Then I realised its eyes were the yellow dots I thought were its nostrils, and not the "eyes" on the sides of its head. It was like a switch was flicked in my brain. In a literal nanosecond I went from loving Bellibolt to hating it when I discovered its eyes weren't what I thought they were. Plus with that orange/brown patch on its head, with that face, it looks like the eponymous character from Clarence, which is an ugly af cartoon.

Shroodle. Seriously, what is it? It evolves into a lemur, yet it appears to be....a head? With stub feet? I'm guessing the name implies that it's meant to be a shrew? But it looks nothing like one. It looks like Squidward's head with buck teeth on the end of the nose.

Palafin for being yet another god damn humanoid animal. Yes I understand the inspiration behind Finizen's evolutionary line, but I don't care. The execution is disgusting. Get this buff human dolphin away from me. Extra upsetting because Finizen is adorable and doesn't deserve to evolve into such an abomination.

Varoom and Revavroom. I'm not one of the "eugh they're just objects with eyes, Game Freak aren't even trying anymore" brigade at all. I love stuff like Trubbish, Vanilluxe and Drifloon. But they literally just stuck eyes on car parts and called it a day.

Houndstone because I love dogs but have a phobia and hatred for skeletons. With the way its straggly hair looks, Houndstone looks like when a body has decomposed to the point where it's a skeleton but still has some clumps of flesh and hair attached to it. I don't want to see an undead, decomposing zombie dog skeleton thanks.

Apologies for my lengthy opinions, I have no doubt many people will disagree with them lol

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Spidops is like a monkey-tarantula experiment failure which I hate so much.
    And Rabsca... I'll never get over that old man face on them.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Definitely Spidops. Its pre evolution is somewhat cute, but what is that funky thing after it evolved?

Rabsca, Houndstone, Meowscarada, Garganacl, and Revavroom are some of my favorites introduced this generation.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    Quaquavel is now my second least favorite starter evolution behind Incineroar. I usually don't mind humanoid Pokémon, but this thing is animated in such an uncomfortable way.

Charcadet, Armarogue, and Ceruledge look like rejected Mega Man bosses. Ceruledge in particular stings because it's the only ghost type Pokémon I flat out dislike.

Scovillain has a cool concept, but bad execution. I've seen far more appealing pepper Pokémon made by fans.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Agree on Quaquaval, Meowscarada, Rabsca, Houndstone, Spidops, Palafin Hero Form and especially Scovillain above (#scovilegang). You know who I haven't seen mentioned yet here though? The little feathered shits this Arceus-forsaken Generation cursed us with.

Already mentioned Quaquaval, so let's get on with the rest. Bombirdier is basically "what if we made an Odile to Swanna's Odette but also made it a stork," with disastrous results. Squawkabilly looks like a cartoon budgie with a wig unwillingly stuck to it. Espathra has an ugly color scheme and also happens to resemble not Cleopatra, but a Pokémon version of one of my least favourite fan game Gym Leaders who herself crudely imitates Cleopatra. Flamigo is just a creepy flamingo-shaped balloon which looks like anything but an amigo. And Kilowattrel would be okay... if not for its saturated color scheme and its horrific human-like cry.

I'm not a full-time birb enthusiast but even I can see how dirty they were done in these games. Tinkaton should probably forget about Corviknight and go after these guys instead.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Probably Spidops. Was quite glad to have not gone for Tarountula. Probably said something along the lines of "What happened to you?" after seeing it. Does not have an appealing face or an interesting body. Likes the idea of the spool of silk, but not the execution.

Notes the choice to be separate from "least favorite" design. (Certainly did not help it, though.) Would also put something like Dondozo here, despite not disliking the design.

Does not mind Scovillain, personally. Thinks "Pepper Hydra". Agrees on it not being much of a looker, however.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Unpopular opinion but maybe Fidough? There's something really off about its official art and the model isn't much better. Love its evolution.

As a big fan of bird Pokémon, I was really disappointed with Squawkabilly. I had high expectations. Maybe he'll grow on me in-game.

Iron Treads is easily the worst paradox Pokémon... a mechanical elephant could have been so cool, but this thing can't even see with the massive "trunk" in the way. Its body tapering into its face like that is also creepy. Who would manufacture it like that??

Kind of surprised nobody mentioned Frigibax! I guess it's forgivably ugly cause it's still kinda cute. Somehow.

This was pretty tough to decide. I genuinely like most of them! Even the ugly ones!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Unpopular opinion but maybe Fidough? There's something really off about its official art and the model isn't much better. Love its evolution.

I agree with you on this! To be fair, though, it is supposed to be a half-baked Pokémon, and I find the concept behind it really clever. However, like you, I much prefer its evolution.

Speaking of dog Pokémon, I forgot to mention Maschiff and Mabosstiff. No offense, Arven, but Maschiff looks like it has a poop head and Mabosstiff's eyes look really weird however you look at them. You keep doing your thing and loving your big stinky doggo, but don't expect me to let him slobber me.

Hyzenthlay also mentioned Frigibax, which brings me to... the entire line. What the hell was Game Freak on when they made Baxcalibur? Were they playing the NES Godzilla creepypasta game and decided "hey, let's make another Godzilla that looks more like a sprite?" Either way, I hate it.

Lastly... I didn't see anyone mention Skeledirge. It's okay, it's growing on me and I admit it's the most salvageable of the three starters, but it doesn't mean it's not ugly as sin. It could have afforded to be less eDgY and more Round like both of its pre-evolutions.

...Gosh, I'm gonna end up mentioning the whole Dex sans Dachsbun, the Pawmi line, the Charcadet line, the basic-stage starters, Farigiraf, Kingambit, Chien-Pao and Miraidon at this point, am I not?

Last edited:
    Years
  • 0999927125a45e2ad6af57227790d714a9a3c6f2.jpg

I'm sorry but why
    I wish I had a gif of this thing walking, it goes down on all fours and it's the creepiest thing ever like??

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • ngl, a lot of Pokemon just scream "eh" to me so it's hard to find the ugliest. I think if I had to choose a few, I'm gonna go with the more popular option Spidops. It's a neat concept but just missed the mark for me and I just don't really like the head nor having 2 legs being attached to one node. I also think Frigibax is def ugly too and not in a ugly cute way, just ugly. While not a bad design, I think Rabsca's colour palette is an eye sore; the overly saturated colours do not work nor it having a red, magenta, blue colour scheme. Same goes for Orthworm's colour palette, using triads is fine but I feel how it's applied is excessive.

Unpopular opinion but Scovillain is one of the few mons I love from this gen. Maybe it's because Hydreigon's one of my favourite mons and I do love how creative it uses its typing as well as it being literally two-faced.

Years
  • Oh yeah, Rabsca's colors are a little annoying to look at. I always found it a bit too blinding and unfitting. Probably lower on my list too eugh.

Also omg +1 to Frigibax. Bleh. Some weird Yoshi and Treecko abomination fusion… why :( The evolution is cool though!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm sorry but why
    I wish I had a gif of this thing walking, it goes down on all fours and it's the creepiest thing ever like??
    hahah you're right tbh this is beyond fugly

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • It is extremely hard to take Spidops seriously because of how hideous it looks. Who came up with the concept art and who looked at it and said, "Yes! Let's publish it!"

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Frigibax. Dear god why couldn't Arctibax have been the first stage.

Runners up for me include:
    Varoom is hard to look at, literally. What angle am I supposed to look at it from?
    Bramblin and Brambleghast make me uncomfortable.
    Squawkabilly's pompadour looks like it's been superglued on. It looks nothing like plumage, so what the hell is it made of? It looks even worse when shiny.
    Quaxwell is puberty caricaturized as a Pokémon, and Quaquaval's weird feet and color scheme don't do me any favors.
    Cetitan isn't quite ugly; more so I find myself confused how its body even functions when its head is entirely hollow and its jawline has such a confusing shape. Where are its eyes connected? Why does its entire head look so easy to break apart?

Last edited:
    Years
  • In the following order: Tinkatink, Skeledirge, Spidops, Shroodle, Tandemaus/Maushold.
    Scovillain and Frigibax don't bother me.

Back