• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unexpected Pregnancy

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • If you found out that you or your significant other became pregnant by accident, how would you react? Would you tell your family and/or friends about it? Would you consider raising the child, give him or her up for adoption, or do you think you and your other would have a mutual agreement to have an abortion? If you choose to raise the child, do you think you would be able to financially support the costs of a child? If you choose to put the child up for adoption, do you think you would try to stay in touch with the child? If you choose to have an abortion, would you be afraid of the negative stigma that may arise from it if others find out about it? Or would you keep the news on the down low?

I'm actually really curious as to what people have to say about this because this is a reoccurring happenstance that could happen to any of us realistically.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • If my SO became pregnant I'd totally freak. But my SO is male, so yeah.

If I became pregnant I wouldn't find it too unexpected honestly, and I'd have to have a serious discussion and talk with him to determine the next action. Given I've only met him once in person, we've only been together for a month, and that I'm moving in in a week its a lot going on at once and I really don't need a kid right now.

That being said, I feel that there's enough ways to prevent pregnancy that there shouldn't be unneeded abortions. Failed contraceptives are one thing, but not using any at all, you should keep the kid. That's your own mistake and I keep it in mind every time I make that decision.

This is of course ignoring circumstances where the mother could be killed/seriously ill, or times when either person involved has no control. There's exceptions to every rule.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I'd be ♥♥♥♥ing pissed and then I would probably go over to the person I screwed and ask them for help in getting an abortion, because they're expensive. Since I'm very awkward sexually I know it would only be one person lmao

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • If I were the one that got pregnant, I'd get an abortion straight away, before I even told the father. Abortion is just my natural reaction to pregnancy, it'd be as easy as having a tooth pulled for me. Emotionally speaking, of course, not physically :P

If my partner got pregnant, then I'd freak out because the decision isn't in my hands. I'd want her to get an abortion more than anything in the world so I'd push her to get that. I can't be no Daddy.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • In the many happenings of myself impregnating someone I have always opted to kill it before my partner started showing because I don't got no time for raising no kidz. However if I were a girl and got pregnant I'd probably try to keep it a secret from everyone until I was ready to give birth and then try my darndest to keep it because babies are so cute and who else is going to make the mistake of getting me pregnant? Nobody.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My family is against abortion, so I'm very likely to keep the child should I ever become pregnant. I will need all the support I can get no matter what. However, adoption is a better option, so if me & my SO decide that it's too soon to raise a child, then we will consider that.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • First solution would be abortion, second would be to put it up for adoption and third would be to raise it. I don't want kids in my life at all, especially when I'm not even done with school.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It's best to cover this early if you're in a relationship, it would make things easier if the situation does arise.

Fortunately we have always unanimously agreed on abortion. It is free here (even if it wasn't I would pay for it, no question) and there is little stigma; not that I imagine I'd share it with anyone anyway, it's not such a major thing for me.

If by chance I ended up wanting to be/being in a relationship with someone who was completely against abortion, then I would actually think twice before dating them, because that's a pretty big gap in social views. If I really loved them a lot then maybe I'd think about it, but not sure how it would work tbqh.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    My family is very strongly anti-abortion. ....So I'd have it aborted without informing them of it, except maybe my sister, because she did it once so I may want to talk to her.
    My friends wouldn't really bat an eye at it, they'd only want to make sure I'm okay with it, etc.
    And strangers? I don't really care what other people think of my decisions. It's up to me, not you.

Boyfriend and I have already had this discussion. I have this discussion with every boyfriend very early on, even if things never progress that far, it's ground worth covering. Given certain disabilities of mine, I'm 99% positive I could not handle a kid. Things may change when/if it actually happens, but we've both agreed already that abortion is a completely kosher and very likely option.

A child should be raised with love. If it was unexpected, it may become unwanted. Case in point - my best friend's mother calls the youngest child "Baby Oops." My cousin's wife tells their son all the time, "I didn't want you. Your father wanted you. I wanted to have an abortion."
    That's no ♥♥♥♥ing way to raise a kid. If you didn't want it, don't let other people pressure you into keeping it. Abortion and adoption are options available to you and the only circumstances for these options should be what you want to do; you're the one living with the choice, not them. It bothers me so much when people want to limit other people's choices.. when, at the end of the day, it does not effect them and shouldn't even matter to them what you did.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I know if I were female and I were to get pregnant, at this very moment, I would get an abortion in secret. But if I had a SO who got pregnant unexpectedly, and I knew about it, I really don't know what I would do.

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
    Years
  • There's no way i'll get an abortion because that's morally wrong, adoption will just be like saying "I don't want to kill you but I don't want you in my life so get out", so I guess i'll be raising the little guy. I won't be financially ready to take care of a kid right now, but later I probably will be. But one thing's for certain i'll love that kid to death <3

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    This is something I always bring up pretty early because I strongly don't want children. It's never really been a problem with anyone I've been with or even really talked to. Being the girl I guess it would be easier to be with someone who was against it because if it happened I could just never tell them and get it done myself. I can't really see myself being with someone who was so against it though. Also I'd keep it pretty quiet. I obviously don't think it's a big deal, but other people are so annoying.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Speaking that I'm still looking for my partner in crime, I'd probably ♥♥♥♥ bricks.

Pardonnez mon français.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I'm a guy, so if my SO got herself pregnant unexpectedly, I'd most likely dump her, seeing that I would not want any children. Also, I'm going to be completely abstaining from sex altogether, so if she went somewhere & got pregnant, I'm going to know that she's having an affair with someone else, which should be all the more reason to dump her on the spot.

But thankfully, I haven't even found a SO to call my own, & if it's left like that, this such a thing is not going to happen.

Thank god...

Years
  • In the many happenings of myself impregnating someone I have always opted to kill it

D: Human beings, born or unborn, should not be called "its," or at least that's what my philosophy is.

But anyway, should I become unexpectedly pregnant while still unable to support myself, and my SO at this point, I would probably freak out. There have been times with my ex-boyfriend where I had a couple scares when my time of the month was rather late, and it ended up being nothing (thankfully); we were stupid to not use contraceptions >>;; During those times, I imagined a situation where I was pregnant, and started planning out how to hide it from my parents, both the baby, and the fact that we had intercourse at a young age.

Should I be older, and actually ready to have kids, I'd be over the moon because I would love to have my own child that was created between myself, and my SO.

Back