• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: VPP Community DCC - Ask questions & chat!

Days
Thanks for providing clarification. I was thinking way bit more, for example, of Pokemon like Sirfetch'd, where we need to land 3 critical hits !!

I also saw that there's shop section as well, so I also wanted to know about special evolution Pokemon, like one with Trade, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, etc... Are we needed to purchase those items in order to get evolution ?

And :

Pokémon: Ivysaur
Fully Evolving: No

Suppose, if I want Blaziken in future, then will I be asking for Torchic with enabled evolution parameter, or can I directly opt for Blaziken ?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Thanks for providing clarification. I was thinking way bit more, for example, of Pokemon like Sirfetch'd, where we need to land 3 critical hits !!

I also saw that there's shop section as well, so I also wanted to know about special evolution Pokemon, like one with Trade, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, etc... Are we needed to purchase those items in order to get evolution ?

Suppose, if I want Blaziken in future, then will I be asking for Torchic with enabled evolution parameter, or can I directly opt for Blaziken ?
We are not that complicated. There are no specific requirements for evolutions. No Evolution Stones, no Evolution Items like in the games. Well, for the most part, anyway. Take a look at the OP of the Mart. All the items we have are on display and all of them have descriptions on how they are intended to be used.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Personally I like normal Ursaluna's design more, but if it's eligible I wouldn't mind doing Bloodmoon either.
Finished half of the Alpha Ursaluna. Looks like you raised yours too. Do you want to do Alpha Lucario next?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Oh ! Are both forme different entities, and stance change don't have any effect ?

Correct. Treats them as different entities. Only matters for summoning Crowned Sword Zacian versus Crowned Shield Zamazenta, however. (Felt like good flavor.) Shares the same typing. Accepts any forme for all the current challenges that require Aegislash. Technically matters for a ribbon requiring all Pokemon, including all different forms, too. Foresees no one claiming that anytime soon.

Days
Correct. Treats them as different entities. Only matters for summoning Crowned Sword Zacian versus Crowned Shield Zamazenta, however. (Felt like good flavor.) Shares the same typing. Accepts any forme for all the current challenges that require Aegislash. Technically matters for a ribbon requiring all Pokemon, including all different forms, too. Foresees no one claiming that anytime soon.

So by this analogy, Morpeko, Toxtricity, Ursaluna, etc. are different entities for their formes ?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
You said that you had briefly played Pokemon GO, but you had adopted all of their ideas regarding various formes....

😢😭😱☹️😨😭😶😶🫨🫨

Life's tough !!
Became a VPP moderator relatively recently. Joined slightly before the release of Scarlet/Violet, after most of these decisions were made. Only had a hand in Tera types, requirements for new legendaries, a few newer challenges, and some events.

Days
Became a VPP moderator relatively recently. Joined slightly before the release of Scarlet/Violet, after most of these decisions were made. Only had a hand in Tera types, requirements for new legendaries, a few newer challenges, and some events.
Don't take it seriously, it was with intention of fun, and not wanted to offend you 😅.

I made that Pokémon GO remark in order to state the visible similarities in ideas w.r.t the game and VPP !!

Sorry if my words were not phrased nicely.

Years
Don't take it seriously, it was with intention of fun, and not wanted to offend you 😅.

I made that Pokémon GO remark in order to state the visible similarities in ideas w.r.t the game and VPP !!

Sorry if my words were not phrased nicely.

A lot of current VPP was formulated based on Pokemon GO rather than the mainline games.

Over time we have made many changes but VPP is an ever evolving game.

Days
Two quick questions :

1. Are Fezandipiti, Ogerpon, Okidogi, Munkidori considered as Legendary, since their base stats are lower than-equal to Arcanine ?

2. How can I get Urshifu- Rapid Strike ?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Two quick questions :

1. Are Fezandipiti, Ogerpon, Okidogi, Munkidori considered as Legendary, since their base stats are lower than-equal to Arcanine ?

2. How can I get Urshifu- Rapid Strike ?
1. Yes. Generally considers Pokemon with some kind of limited number of encounters to be legendary. (Stresses "generally".) Treats Paradox Pokemon as regular Pokemon for that reason. Does not quite hold up for Ultra Beasts (which are legendary). Was limited in the original games, though.

Finds them in the Legendary tab of the Rules thread. For ease:
› Munkidori ~ 2 Poison, 1 Psychic
› Okidogi ~ 2 Poison, 1 Fighting
› Fezandipiti ~ 2 Poison, 1 Fairy
› Ogerpon (Teal Mask) ~ 3 Grass
› Ogerpon (Wellspring Mask) ~ 2 Grass, 1 Water
› Ogerpon (Hearthflame Mask) ~ 2 Grass, 1 Fire
› Ogerpon (Cornerstone Mask) ~ 2 Grass, 1 Rock

2. Summons Urshifu (Rapid Strike) with 2 Fighting types and 1 Water type. Requires three separate Pokemon. Keeps all Pokemon used for summoning the legendary, for the record. Do not worry about losing them. Cannot use that Pokemon's type for summoning again, however. (Example: Could use Heracross's Fighting type for Urshifu and its Bug type for a different legendary later.)

One other thing: Must raise 10 VPPs (by posts or through events) between legendaries for every legendary after your first. (May summon your first legendary as soon as you have the summoning requirements.) Pick which legendary you want carefully.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
So in order to get Ultra Beasts, we need to go via usual route, or the method which you described in the quoted post ?
The method from the quoted post...almost. Follows all the same requirements and restrictions as the other legendaries. (Example: Nihilego ~ 2 Rock, 1 Poison.) Must also use a legendary of the appropriate type as one of the three summoning Pokemon.

Placed Ultra Beasts in the Legendary tab on the rules thread, also, if you wish to see their requirements. (Scroll down to Alola: Ultra Beasts.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Finished my half of Alpha Lucario btw =3
Completed the other half. Do you want to get Electivire and Noble Avalugg out of the way, or raise another Pokemon from a different Noble? Probably winds up being Roserade, Carnivine, Tangrowth, or Whiscash under Noble Lilligant, if so, to take advantage of the seasonal discount. Oh, or Golbat/Crobat for Noble Kleavor.

Might be out for a little while sometime in the coming months, as a heads-up. Plans to schedule a surgery. (Has not officially done so yet because of how far out it will likely be.) Expects it to be in mid-July, but potentially mid-May to early June instead. Cuts into the summer seasonal time.

Years
Completed the other half. Do you want to get Electivire and Noble Avalugg out of the way, or raise another Pokemon from a different Noble? Probably winds up being Roserade, Carnivine, Tangrowth, or Whiscash under Noble Lilligant, if so, to take advantage of the seasonal discount. Oh, or Golbat/Crobat for Noble Kleavor.

Might be out for a little while sometime in the coming months, as a heads-up. Plans to schedule a surgery. (Has not officially done so yet because of how far out it will likely be.) Expects it to be in mid-July, but potentially mid-May to early June instead. Cuts into the summer seasonal time.

Oh I'd definitely be down for a Crobat. Tangrowth/Carnivine are pure Grass types though so perhaps try those first ? Well one of them anyway.
Whiscash, Roserade (& Crobat) are in season now and will still be in season next VPP season. Could do either Tangrowth or Carnivine and then do those two?
Need three more for Lilligant so one of the two would be enough if we do Whiscash & Roserade. Personally I like Roserade & Whiscash more than either of those =P

I don't have Vespiquen & Yanmega either yet which would be in season for Flying, but I guess you do have them.

Hmm... perhaps just start with Roserade as next one ?
Not sure if you have a preference between Tangrowth/Carnivine. It's a coin flip for me =P

Back