• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP ~ Virtual Pokémon Pet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm less focused on event mons for now and the like since I already have sooo many VPPs I want to level before I consider any special Pokémon, so I'm slowly going through my personal list! But I do check and do enjoy this lots <3 hope you had an awesome bday btww

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I just want *more* in general, I think. Maybe a brief season of ten posts less to complete a VPP? Or maybe more event Pokemon? Like a Pokemon assigned to each section of PC: 50 posts in M&G = a Happiny. 50 posts in the Art Studio = a Smeargle. 50 posts in VG = a Porygon. 50 posts in RP = a Ditto. I dunno, does that make any sense?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm less focused on event mons for now and the like since I already have sooo many VPPs I want to level before I consider any special Pokémon, so I'm slowly going through my personal list! But I do check and do enjoy this lots <3 hope you had an awesome bday btww

Do you worry about Legendary or Master Pokémon? Or just raise your list? Because you can use Master for a Pokémon that you really need. I also had an awesome birthday...just feel older...lol.

I just want *more*...lol.

It makes sense but at the same time it feels like it would be a bit of a time consuming to keep track of posts. Granted I like how clubs are trying to add VPP to the section. I know there isn't much during the American summer. I have Valentines, Easter, Halloween and Christmas as major events. If other countries or even Souther Hemesphere has anything going on that I don't know of feel free to let me know.

I have been trying to come up with something to do with Ribbons but I almost feel like it would be to much like challenges or badges. Though I feel like Ribbons would be more for how many of things you've done like Birthday or Get Together or Community or even Tag Team.

I based Tag Team off of Pro Wrestling where if we can get enough teams together we could have a bit of a competition and trying to hold on to their title or in this case the World Cup.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Ah....sorry for the sudden drop of inactivity. I always dip for long periods of time. Along with I have a hard time finding this since when I do come back on I try to find the thread. Though another reason is I don't post much. So for the VPP it is sort of hard to really level up and complete some Pokemon since it takes a while for me to meet the amount of posts. So it isn't something that you can do much on your end since I'm just needing to be more active and try to respond more to threads, its just a thing of I don't like posting unless I either get permission from the original thread user or I actually have to. So....just a thing of hard thing to meet the requirements and rarely talk in other threads.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024

You can always have fun in the games sections with the Gender count or the Great Pokemon Battle in this section. Not gonna lie....doing games is how I get most of my posts. :D We're all here to have fun so you shouldn't have to worry.

Years
  • I'm mostly just lurking on the forums now, so I guess I can be removed from VPP since I'm not even tracking my posts anymore. This was nothing on your part, Caite-chan. This still is a cool idea, but my activity on PC has decreased significantly recently.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    It was a nice idea but I'm not super active, and anyway I think a VPP doesn't really motivate me to post more. Honestly I kind of forgot about it, even..

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm mostly just lurking on the forums now, so I guess I can be removed from VPP since I'm not even tracking my posts anymore. This was nothing on your part, Caite-chan. This still is a cool idea, but my activity on PC has decreased significantly recently.

It was a nice idea but I'm not super active, and anyway I think a VPP doesn't really motivate me to post more. Honestly I kind of forgot about it, even..

I'm sorry you guys couldn't have more fun with it. I just want you guys to know that its not meant to be hard per say just more of a reason to wanna post. The whole activity check was more of a keep the most active people up to date with new stuff. I keep track of your stats in case something happens with the boards. So don't be afraid to come back if you wanna have fun....no matter how long it takes you to complete them.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    It's not something you need to apologize for, I think the site itself is losing activity, but thanks :)
    Edit- or maybe it's more that I've been doing other things and haven't checked in much. Either way, one day I probably will claim that dragonite

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I know I've been inactive for ~six months but I think you've done really well with VPP here, Caite! PC has definitely lost activity in general and sections like Trivia don't get much attention nowadays. The best way to boost participants might be to advertise more broadly and perhaps add a competitive element, even if it's just an event now and then?

But yeah, advertising VPP in the Clubhouse is a great start! Maybe there are ways of implementing it in the more popular sections, too?

I'm nearly finished Chimecho, then I'll be eligible for another Legendary. :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Feedback from all!

So I'm always trying to come up with things to keep from getting stale and it seems like a lot of people dropped off. So I'm wondering what I can do to get ya guys back or be more active. Unfortunately it doesn't look like anyone responded to the activity check. I don't know what you guys like the most or don't like or what you guys might want to try. I want you guys to let me know what you think.

Spoiler:
    AHH I'm sorry I'm responding to this late!! Unfortunately, I'm just not very active on PC and totally forgotten I signed up for this. :( I don't think I've completed my VPP from last years get together hahahaha. Not sure how you can get me to be more active but I think maybe a good idea would be having certain goals to meet in a day or maybe like rewarding us for posting in particular sections? Maybe one that are always lacking in activity to boost them.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Done with Grumpig, time for my final requirement for Tapu Lele

Name: Sorvete
    Pokémon: Clefable
    Hemisphere: South

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Done with Grumpig, time for my final requirement for Tapu Lele

Name: Sorvete
    Pokémon: Clefable
    Hemisphere: South

Cleffa @ 2,945
    Hatch @ 2,960
    Clefable @ Level 100: 3,095
    Shiny: Yes

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024

VPP.png

ATTENTION ALL TRAINERS

Big changes are starting to happen within VPP. For those of you who hung out in the Meet & Greet section to help welcome new members, you may have noticed a message from Fairy. We will be merging together so you can post all over PokéCommunity to raise your Pokémon instead of just one section. I'm working together with the staff from both Meet & Greet and Poke Trivia to grow VPP for all. We are still working on getting the kinks worked out.

I have made some changes to VPP to reflect this combined merger. These changes will take place as of July 12th so if you are working on your Pokémon right now keep it up. Your next one will be when the new changes kick in.

The first change I have made is switching 4 of the typings for the seasons. Steel (Summer to Winter) and Water (Winter to Summer) have switched seasons with each other along with Bug (Spring to Summer) and Ground (Summer to Spring).

The second change is posts and points. Here is a rundown of the changes with posts being the first and points being second. I have added the list of new post requirements in the FAQ section in case you ever need to look them up.
    Ultra Beast: 250 / 120
    Legendary: 240 / 100
    Pair: 265 / 90
    Dynamax: 225 / 80
    Mega: 200 / 75
    Alola: 200 / 75
    Galar: 200 / 75
    Normal: 175 / 70
    Seasonal: 160 / 60
    Unown: 75 / 20

Community: 3,000 / 250
    Tag Team: 400 – 200 each / 100​

I've also been working with a few club owners to come up with mini-events to help grow their club along with VPP. So if you are a club owner and want to host a mini-event please feel free to send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to work with you and give Pokémon and points as rewards. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask here or send me a PM. You guys have been awesome with interacting in VPP and helping it grow. :D

~ Caite-chan

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    And with this post I finish Aegislash! I would like to kick up immediately with Salandit please! :)

Name: Fairy
    Pokemon: Salandit
    Hemisphere: Northern

Thank you!

Also still up to tag-team if anyone is interested!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back