• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait a Minute, You Look Older!.

Sirfetch’d

I look about 4 years younger than I actually am. People automatically assume I am about 16 or 17 and are mind blown when I say that I am 21. I don't mind it actually. By logic, if this trend continues I will look 30 when I am 50. which I am very content with.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Everyone thinks I am younger than I am IRL because Iook young.

Until I take off the hat I am usually wearing then they think I am older.

Yay balding.

Years
  • Physically, people think I'm younger than 21, but once they realize how mature I present myself, they think otherwise. I've always had an I'm-older-than-I-am persona.

Years
  • I'm a 22-year-old who looks too much like a 15-year-old. I even admit that when I was still in my teens I still look the same as I am today, and trust me people assume I'm such a wreck because I throw terrible tantrums that make me always feel stupid.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • When I was about 15-16 I had a few people sometimes mistake me for being 18+. Crazy, right?

I haven't had my age mistaken in a long time since then though.

Bay

Years
  • I'm very, very short for my age so a lot of people tend to think I look much younger. A lot of times when someone sees me and my younger sister everyone assumes my lil' sis is the older one. I don't mind it too much, but there are some situations where you don't get taken seriously.

pkmin3033

Physically, I haven't really changed in appearance since I was eighteen or so; I'm in that grey area where shop assistants are constantly asking me for ID just to be on the safe side and thoroughly aggravating me as a result, and people think I'm still in College when I'm nearly seven years out of it.

In terms of my personality...well, I'm a lot more mellow than I was when I was a teenager, but I've had people place me in my thirties before going by my personality without knowing my age...apparently someone as young as I am shouldn't be so pessimistic or cynical.

So I have the mind of someone double the age of my body. Sometimes I feel like a very unlucky anime character. xD

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    People have assumed I've been 18 since I was 13. Now people assume I'm anywhere between 17 and 22, which is kinda correct.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It hasn't happened in a while cuz I don't get out much these days so who knows what people would say now, but people always used to think I was in high school when I was in college.
    "What year are in high school?"
    "I'm actually in my 3rd year of college"

The only exception was this bartender at one of the bars in the Minneapolis airport back in July. He was like "You're probably 23 or 24 but I still need to see your ID anyway". But I was 21 at the time.

I do wonder though what age people peg me as here if they don't know. Do I come off as 22 or what?

Years
  • When I was younger, like kid years and teens, people always seemed to think I was at least a few years older than I really was. I don't know how much older exactly, but it did lead to quite a few dubious looks. "Yes, she really is x age, believe me."

Of course, now that I'm older, people have mistaken me for someone in my teens at times. I've had several people ask me if I'm either still in high school, or have guessed my age as 18.

...Neither is anywhere close to correct.

I don't even know why they think that, they just do. o.O Although I've always been kind of tall for my age, especially when younger, so I could see them thinking I was older then. I can't explain why people think I'm younger now though.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • People think I'm younger because I look younger. I'm 26 years old, and yet I'm fucking 5'4 like wtf. It doesn't really happen as much as it used to. I have on occasion had people ask me why I'm not in school. They are usually shocked to realize that I already graduated high school.

With my mom, it's even worse. She's only 5'3, and on occasion as well... people have actually thought she was my sister. I think this could also be due to the fact that she wears a lot of clothes that teenagers wear.

Lucid

That's pretty avarage height, I'm 5'5" and I get the same. But my face is really full, it makes me look younger. I still get carded sometimes. My hair is going grey early though and I dye it. Quarter of a century old.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    hmmm, it really depends? i mean, some people have thought i was under 18 years old, and some people have mistaken me for being my dad's girlfriend (well, to be fair, he does look way younger than he actually is. hopefully that's hereditary). i think i used to be mistaken for being older than i was more often when i was a teenager, though. now i think i look pretty much my age, but some people have asked me for my id when i have to prove i'm a legal adult. even this one time, this guy straight-up told me he thought i was lying when i said i was over 18. i'm not sure how to feel about that though; should i be flattered that i look younger than my age to some people, or should i feel insulted that they don't believe i'm telling the truth about my age?

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • Everyone who sees me thinks I'm a college student, and most places in one town near me don't ID people for student discounts, so I can often just ask for one and I'll get some money off... I'm a high school junior.

Yukari

I've never seemed my age. When I was 10 people thought I was 13, When I was 13 people though I was 15, now that I'm 15 people usually think I'm 18-21.

It's because mainly I'm 6'4" and I generally look older then I am. Not to mention I'm more mature then others my age (Or I like to think that I am at least.) and I sound like I'm a lot older then I really am.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • People often think I'm around 16, because I'm 5'1" and I have kind of a round face. It's happening less and less often, thankfully, but in the last two months I've had two different bus drivers give me a Youth pass.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Everyone thinks I'm younger because I'm short and have a youthful face.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I look around 16-17 apparently nowdays which is a lot better than what I've previously received where when I was 18-19 I looked like a 12-14 year old apparently.

Back