• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We're all goofy goobers, yeah

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
  • GOOFY GOOFY GOOFY GOOBER!

How childish do you consider yourself to be in relation to your age? If you are childish, when do you think you'll grow out of your interests? Do you think it's better to retain a childish mindset? What qualities make someone childish, exactly? Discuss this and anything related C:

Sirfetch’d

I have childish qualities especially when hanging around friends, but it's all joking around. I think the important part is that I can be mature when I need to be such as when interviewing for a job or when I am in class. It's important to let loose some on the inner child in you because its fun and not every moment in life has to be serious and mature.

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • Goofy goofy goofy goober yeah!
    bwa bwa bwa bwa bwa bwa bwa
    baaawwwwwweeeeeeeee~

that is to say, i think it's important to momento mori, and there's no sense in not having fun.
    having fun = childish.
    i don't think so, but if someone were to ask: i am still a kid at heart.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Your title makes me want to break my computer's screen. ]:

It honestly depends on who I'm around and what I'm doing.
    As a kid, I was told repeatedly that I was a 40-year-old man (which is odd because I'm female) trapped in the body of a child. I:

Most of the time, I'm relatively mature.

Years
  • Well, for me it's impossible to answer, because I don't know the barometer that makes me act like an 18 year old or whatever number you can come up with.

Years
  • I'm also relatively mature in nature as well, but I do still see some childish aspects in me.. the main one being that I still watch a lot of shows on Cartoon Network these days.

Years
  • Most of the time, I like to think that I am quite mature for my age. And I definitely am in situations which require me to be mature. However, there are places (the PC Battle Server) where I just release myself because I just find it a lot more fun that way. I know some people don't always like it, but that's me and only age will change me...possibly.

Years
  • I act kinda childlish for my age, like often crying a lot when I get upset because I'm nothing but a big softie. I even keep thinking I'm unable to do most adult things, like cooking or cleaning. But as far as actual persona outside of reality goes, I act very mature online which is a huge contrast to real life. And like Zach's example above, I may still watch shows intended for kids on TV.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • Thank god, not a sponge bob thread.

I am the most immature little freak ever. I still think swearing is a horrible thing, still think love is gross, still play childish games, still play in the park, all that good stuff.

When people grow up and get all "mature" or whatever, from what I've seen they become less likeable. Gals come before pals, fun stuff isn't "fun" anymore, they swear a lot.
    While this might not be the case for everyone, it's what I've observed. Maturity wise, I quit at 8. And I'm not regretting it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I'm pretty childish. I like a lot of things aimed towards children, and I hate responsibility. A lot. I can be mature if I need to, but I really dislike it.

Years
  • I'm rather childish and petty. It's not just in the things I like (I mean, Pokemon?? :p), but how I handle stressful situations. Oh, I may whine and say I'm kidding, but who really believes that? One of my coworkers calls me a brat and I don't think she's joking most of the time. :/

I don't think I've ever been mature for my age. Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me, or if I just... haven't really learned social rules, I guess. Everything about me is awkward.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Physically, I appear to be more childish than a person my age should be, whether you take into account my stature, or my hobbies, i.e. Yugioh/Pokemon (debatable, yes). But mentally I like to think I'm mature for my age. I feel like a cynic since I judge people all the time for the childish things they do.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I tend to be childish all the time...especially around my family. They'd think I'm probably crazy but really, that's how I act. xD I'm pretty sure by the time I reach 30 I'll grow out of this "childish" phase.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I don't think of myself as childish, considering my age, but maybe that's just me. I can be pretty mature at times but I do want to act like a normal kid. I don't want to be known as that girl who's always serious and acts like an adult.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Haha!! Im childish enough But im only 13 just hit puberty and all but if i had to rate 7/10 Give or take 1

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Okay, so I'm gonna be realistic here.

I don't think anyone (well at least almost anyone) in this forum considers themselves "mature" and "un-childish". I mean, we're on a frikkin' Pokemon Forum, what could you expect?

For my part, I'm probably the least mature person I know, probably the most kiddish.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like to behave childishly in front of people. For some reason, it makes it easier for me to get along with them. =) I could be serious when I need to, though, such as when dealing with problems that only adults can handle.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I can be pretty childish and immature at times. Besides playing and enjoying Pokemon, I watch shows aimed at children and play games intended for kids too. I still laugh at fart jokes, potty humor, and other jokes mostly kids crack up at (including butt jokes). For example, the part in Finding Nemo where they say "He touched the butt" still gets me giggling today. One thing I do that I perceive as immature that I've been trying stop, is that when my brother insults me, I insult him back with kiddy names . And I shout at people and get angry for small thinks, sometimes having mini-fits. I'm trying to be more mature and control how I respond to my brother or by ignoring him which is much more mature than a snappy response.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I guess you could say I'm somewhat childish, but I'm mostly mature! ;P
    Childish things you could consider about myself include video gaming and startling others while their guard is down haha...
    I'm very quiet and independent though.

Back