• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music What’s your least favourite genre of music?

hypn0gh0st

Rosemary / Aquacadet Saturn!
Years
  • Now, I love music. There's hardly any genre I dislike-- but. the only genres I genuinely hate are modern country and soundcloud/mumble rap. Like I cannot STAND those crummy soundcloud "musicians" and modern day pop country. No hate if you like it but it's just not my thing.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Similar to many others, I just cannot at all enjoy rap / r&b / hiphop and the areas in between those. The genre usually referred to as "lofi hiphop" however, I adore? But the mainstream style of those genres is just, well, it's not music to me. I don't get it at all.

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
    Years
  • Any type of super bubbly pop gets on my nerves, like Katy Perry and Doja. More mellow pop, e.g. Ariana/Gaga/Billie, is fine imo.
    Surprised to see so much hate for R&B, thats my favorite genre lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    My least favorite is the genre that has probably been mentioned the most in this thread: country. I just can't stand the instruments and there is just no depth to most modern country songs. There are some good older country artists like Johnny Cash, Randy Travis, Willie Nelson, and Garth Brooks but modern country is hay bail garbage in my opinion. However, I don't diss people that like the must. Everyone has their tastes and I think that's a wonderful thing.

Also I don't really like raggaeton. I'm just not a fan of the obnoxious instrumentals and over the top hype that people have for it. I also don't like the vulgarity of many of the songs.

Years
  • Bit generic for me, but techno and pop. I just feel like I can bop and overall enjoy those two a lot more. ❤️

mrs sheep, can i just confirm if you meant you don't like these genres? this sounds like you love them and that just don't make no sense!

Also popping in here to say I've started appreciating the like 00s indie rock era a lot less and less as time goes on, am not sure why the sound just seems to kinda not resonate with me anymore!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I just can't get into Country, outside of Carrie Underwood which borders the line of Country-pop. Maybe I just haven't found the right thing yet. I grew up on Rap, however, I just can't with toxic lyrics. Though you could argue 90s/00s rap fits in that category as some of it can be pretty raunchy. Don't get me started on mumble rap....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    It is hip-hop, my least favourite music genre. Most of the vocals' style and lyrics featured in it are just not my thing.

However... There's some stuff I can make an exception for or, said with simpler words, that I do appreciate - Ice Cube, Cypress Hill, Public Enemy, etc... As well as the rap metal band called Rage Against The Machine.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    The most I like techno and pop. I also like listening to different remixes of songs, but I have no idea if it can be called a genre.

Years
  • Probably rap. I'm okay with a couple of blends where another style of music has some rap influence in it. 'Regular' rap itself though... I'll pass.

Years
  • I dislike country and rap the most. As the parent comment said; rap is just kinda cringy a lot of the time to me (I'm also not comfortable with the often extensive use of the N-word) while every country song seems to be about pickup trucks, girls, guns and beer while using the exact same chord progression as every other country song.

Back