• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What age would you like to live to see?

Years
    How old do you want to live to be?

I would personally like to reach a ripe old age, into my 80s sounds like a fair deal. I have a lot of things that I haven't done yet, and need more time to do it in.
    Hopefully longevity is in my blood, my maternal grandmother lived into her late 90s, and was strong without any serious physical health conditions to the end and alert, playing chinese checkers daily and making witty comebacks until the last months. I am told I look like her, and take after her, have her bone structure, hair, eyes and other physical characteristics. I'd love to inherit her lifespan too if the heavens are feeling generous.

Bonus question: Would you want to live forever if you could?

As tempting as it sounds, I think that could be scary too, because you will outlive everyone you grow close too presumably, unless they can be immortal too. Also I'd want to read the fine print, because it could be one of those bad bargains like the goddess Eos made in Greek mythology. She fell in love with a human Tithonus and asked for him to be immortal too so they could be together, but the twist was he lived forever, but didn't get eternal youth, he was technically alive but he never stopped aging and slowly rotted away into a living corpse.

Even if I could live forever with my current body the world as we know it still won't last forever, whether humanity makes the planet uninhabitable in this century or the sun envelops the earth billions of years from now, our time eventually will run out. Best case scenario we colonize space, but don't know if I really would want to live to see all that. There's just too many uncertainties with a deal like a living forever, so I think I will try to be content with just living a long, rich and normal life.

What about you?

Last edited:
    Years
    i'd hate to live to be old. this isn't meant to be an intentionally depressing post, but it's something i've always felt, and growing old feels terrifying to me.

sure, there's an argument to be made that there are healthy old people, too! but with the way my life is going, both physical/mentally/emotionally, i'd be in shambles as an old person. it's just not for me. i'd rather make the most of my life (or try to) when im young and hopefully not live old enough where i see my health decline in a noticeable way. and you know what? that's fine with me. i live my life, and exit stage left when all is said and done with as little wasted time as possible.

if i had to put a number to it though, maybe 40?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd rather not live a long time.

Years
    Let's start with living until tomorrow and see how it goes.

I would absolutely not want to live forever though. That sounds like a special kind of nightmare.

Years
    I too would like to reach at least 80. Some humans are capable of 100+ but that seems like pushing it for me personally.

Years
    if i can stay healthy and mobile, i'd love to live up to my 90s and see just how much the world changes by then (especially considering we're already developing technology at such an alarmingly fast rate now, and it only gets faster from here on out, the future must be spicy).

living forever though? maybe if all my loved ones live forever along with me i might consider it... i do wanna believe there's a heaven after all this though; a place to eternally rest and be with those you love forever. tbh i don't know if i want Earth to be that place.

pkmin3033

Let's start with living until tomorrow and see how it goes.
    That's been my attitude since I was around 15 tbh. xD

I would like to live forever, though - I am hoping they'll find a cure for aging. I'm not sure what is beyond death, but oblivion doesn't really sound particularly...anything, really. I suppose I won't know any different, but still.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    When I was 20 I thought to myself that I might as well die when I'm 30. When I got 30 I still thought that I might as well die. However death is cruel and chooses when to finally get to work. Therefore my life is pretty open end, I suppose. I don't really have a life expectancy.

Eternal life seems boring. Why would I want that?

I'm a bit scared of being old and how much it'll cripple/make life hard for me, and am absolutely terrified of things like memory loss and Alzheimer's. But still, I think I'd rather live to 90-100 if I can. My only living grandparent turns 91 next year and he's very healthy for his age!! Hopefully I can be like him.

Would you want to live forever if you could?

tbh..... only if the people important to me could too. otherwise it would be too depressing :(

Years
    I want to live as long as I can and hopefully the rapture will happen before I pass away and with how things are going it might not be far off. As a Christian which I wouldn't lie I need to act more like in a positive manner I shouldn't have to worry about suffering for all eternity.

Though if I could live forever in this world with how it is I probably wouldn't mind as long as I can be active and not get covid.

Raffi

Greatest Trickster
    Years
    Mid 50's to early 60's I think. I want to experience life at its fullest and enjoy every moment I can. Any further and I fear it won't be possible. That, and going on for too long sounds exhausting; as morbid as that sounds. I live life with the flow!

That being said, I absolutely wouldn't live forever. I'd lose everyone I care about, and at that point... what's the point?

Back