• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV What are you currently watching?

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
  • It'm a huge animation nerd, so most of the things in this list are from animated TV shows. Let's see…
    - The Cuphead Show - Netflix;
    - Aggretsuko -Netflix;
    - Brooklyn Nine-Nine -Netflix;
    - The Owl House -Disney+.

For now, that's about it

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    His Dark Materials on HBO got its final season up finally, so we're watching the eps as they come out now basically. While it ruins the premise a tiny bit that the child actors have aged a lot by now (since them barely being in puberty yet is kinda part of the plot) I'm able to suspend disbelief enough. I don't remember super much from the book but I feel like they've changed a few things and that there was not nearly this much focus on the dysfunctional parents there as in the show. Not complaining though, it's interesting.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • His Dark Materials on HBO got its final season up finally, so we're watching the eps as they come out now basically. While it ruins the premise a tiny bit that the child actors have aged a lot by now (since them barely being in puberty yet is kinda part of the plot) I'm able to suspend disbelief enough. I don't remember super much from the book but I feel like they've changed a few things and that there was not nearly this much focus on the dysfunctional parents there as in the show. Not complaining though, it's interesting.

I didn't even realize it had started until it was too late. Luckily I got caught up pretty quickly. I'm annoyed they are doing two new eps a week because clearly they are rushing to end it but whatever I guess

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I am currently watching Better Call Saul. I have about three weeks where I am off from work and school so I'm spending the majority of time with my family, reading and watching TV shows I've been interested in for a while. The only two shows which I'm really interested in at the moment is Better Call Saul and Şahsiyet. I've seen both Breakng Bad and El Camino and have been wanting to watch Better Call Saul for a while so I took a shot at it this past week. I'm currently in the middle of season 4 and I've enjoyed it for the most part. Kind of tired of Season 4 but I'm going to push through to see what happens. Overall a great show.

Just started watching Şahsiyet last night. Going to give it a try, it's a Turkish crime drama that has won some major awards. We'll see how it goes and go from there. It's almsot a little overwhelming for me to watch so much TV because I'm more of a reader myself.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Just finished His Dark Materials and cried hard at the finale 😭 basically a single ep and still a better love story than Twilight.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Just finished His Dark Materials and cried hard at the finale 😭 basically a single ep and still a better love story than Twilight.

lol. Fair. Great series overall tbh. Probably one of the better series I've ever watched. If they make series for the other books... I'll definitely watch them as well. But with the way they aired the final season for the first three books... I can't see that happening unfortunately.

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    white noise (2022). i hope someone adapts don delillo's libra (1988)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    currently watching The Crown Prince Who Disappeared, a very cute Swedish thing that was the 2022 Christmas Calendar show (there's one every year). It might be one of the best calendar shows I've seen tbh.

Years
  • His Dark Materials on HBO got its final season up finally, so we're watching the eps as they come out now basically. While it ruins the premise a tiny bit that the child actors have aged a lot by now (since them barely being in puberty yet is kinda part of the plot) I'm able to suspend disbelief enough. I don't remember super much from the book but I feel like they've changed a few things and that there was not nearly this much focus on the dysfunctional parents there as in the show. Not complaining though, it's interesting.

The books constantly references how dysfunctional the parents were! I think the only one that it isn't as heavy on is probably Amber Spyglass, but that's because things have kicked off just about everywhere else. That said I do like when shows kinda deviate a little from the source material so we do get more of an angle on things not seen as much.

Definitely agree and am grumpy about the characters growing up, I imagine it can't be helped in some way but like it does kinda take out part of - imo - what made them just so good in the books.

Also yes have been watching it and the overall I have been impressed!

Otherwise, I've just finished Wednesday which I looooooooved, am incredibly happy to hear we've had Season 2 confirmed!

Years
  • Finished watching Wednesday which I loved despite it's flaws - can't wait for season 2!

Also trying to catch up with all the masked singers I've missed...

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • I gave Abbott Elementary a shot, and aaaa I enjoyed it very much <3

I also started The Last of Us last night and was fairly delighted to see it didn't disappoint. Went in prepared to be disappointed as well, but nah.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I'm currently watching three series - The Bad Batch season 2, Willow and Dangerous Liaisons.

So far, TBB S2 has been a disappointment. I know it is meant to be a direct sequel to TCW, but what I liked about the first season was that it remembered that it's also a prequel to Rebels, my favourite piece of Star Wars content (besides the first six movies and The Mandalorian S1). The first four episodes have... not been very fun to watch, to put it lightly. I do like that there was increased focus on Echo and Tech, my favourite members of the Batch, but the rest has been mixed (Cody's reappearance) to terrible (Omega's sudden teenage angst phase, the whole episode in which Cody reappeared.) I do hope it picks up, but... look, most Star Wars content has been disappointing lately. I already don't have very high hopes for either Mando S3 or Ahsoka, and to have this be so boring after having waited for so long makes me feel betrayed. :c

On Willow, I'm pretty mixed. I like how its overall feel draws from series like Britannia, with its anachronistic music and dark humor, but something feels... off. I haven't figured out what it is, and perhaps it's because I haven't watched the movie it's based upon yet; I'll get to that, though. I also hate both of Queen Sorsha's children with a burning passion, and I would be glad if they were removed from the spotlight (and if their respective partners dumped them for their trouble.) I've also read that a certain part-time Sith voices a major character in the series and I can't wait to hear him again... in fact, it's pretty much the only reason I'm along for the ride still.

Lastly, I don't really get what the plot of Dangerous Liaisons is supposed to be beside watching two people who are only out for themselves causing chaos among the French aristocracy. In that sense, it's pretty faithful to the source material, or at least the summary I've read of it. What brings this series down for me, however, is that the NSFW scenes, which are supposed to be the core of the series, feel more uncomfortable than in other series I have watched. I have yet to watch the second half of the season, but I understand why it got cancelled.

To sum up... it really hasn't been a good year for TV series so far. Let's hope it improves.

Back