• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What Gen 5 Pokemon would you pick to use as your starter?

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    I would always choose Zorua because Zorua is so darn cute <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    I would choose Purrloin. It's so cute & Liepard looks amazing too! I never get to train it in the game so it would be nice to have it as a starter Pokemon (:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Though I've already replied to this once, things have changed since my last post. After a recent playthrough, I found that I really like Golett/Golurk and thus would choose it as my first Pokemon in Unova. It has such strength and has a cool type, even if it does have a decent amount of weaknesses

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I have a hard time imagining myself starting with a Pokémon that isn't a starter... And there are a ton of great gen 5 Pokémon which also makes it really hard to pick. I guess I'd go for Minccino, since Normal is a fairly "neutral" Type and I also get to experience it evolving on my journey.

Waffless

Waffless
    Years
  • I would have to say Litwick. My Chandelure in White 2 was an absolute BEAST. It knew Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, and Psychic. It's insanely high Sp. Atk destroys everything, and it's my favorite Unova Pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Unfortunately Bagon isn't a Pokémon introduced in Fifth Gen. Which of the ones introduced in Fifth Gen would you want instead?? Unsurprisingly a lot of Unova Pokémon are pretty strong so there's not really one solid choice for most people!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I would choose Minccino. It's just so adorable and fun size!

"You can eat it up, stick it in a showbag or take it for a walk... the new fun-size Minccino will give you all the benefits of having a real starter and more!"

Years
  • Hey I love Snivy. He's the cutest of em all, gorgeous evolution is a resilient Pokemon and has a really cool hidden ability. I would not sure want to o change him.But if I got there and every snivy was gone... **sigh*

Since I don't suppose druddigon will be available as a level 5 starter I'll go for axew.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey I love Snivy. He's the cutest of em all, gorgeous evolution is a resilient Pokemon and has a really cool hidden ability. I would not sure want to o change him.But if I got there and every snivy was gone... **sigh*

Since I don't suppose druddigon will be available as a level 5 starter I'll go for axew.
    Druddigon could totally be available! You can breed it after all :) Although... how would you balance the choice of starters when one is Druddigon lmao

Back