• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Debate What is the worst soda / fizzy drink

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I actually really like soda but have it a lot less now. I like almost anything I try but I have never forgotten how bad cherry Coke tasted and neither has my Dad, we took one sip each and couldn't do it

No idea what it was about it but not keen to try that one again :D

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I actually really like soda but have it a lot less now. I like almost anything I try but I have never forgotten how bad cherry Coke tasted and neither has my Dad, we took one sip each and couldn't do it

No idea what it was about it but not keen to try that one again :D

Cherry Coke being the worst……… that is a certainly A Take user Aslan

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Guaraná Jesus.

51m6OreIRwL._AC_.jpg

It's actually very popular in the state of my country where it was created (to the point of outselling Coca Cola and all the other major sodas and being eventually bought by Coca Cola) and being considered "a state symbol" but it's just so ridiculously sweet for me that it's borderline undrinkable.

It was made by an atheist who was arrested for being a communist and was called Jesus though, which is kinda based.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I had this once

Pictured: Chocolate bacon covered soda

and I don't think it'll ever get worse than that.

I've had bacon soda before, but chocolate bacon soda sounds nasty.

Tbh, I don't have a least favorite. I like cherry coke though, but there's some disgusting sounding sodas out there that I saw at a super weird candy store like grass flavor. Ew.

If you've ever heard of rocket fizz, trust me they have gross shit there.

here you all go, take a look.

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I've had bacon soda before, but chocolate bacon soda sounds nasty.

Tbh, I don't have a least favorite. I like cherry coke though, but there's some disgusting sounding sodas out there that I saw at a super weird candy store like grass flavor. Ew.

If you've ever heard of rocket fizz, trust me they have gross shit there.

here you all go, take a look.

Rocket Fizz, yes! That's where I got the grubby bacon chocolate soda!

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't drink soda much at all. On the occasion that I do drink it, I'm okay with root beer. I completely dislike Mtn. Dew.

Years
  • Really? As someone who hates soda I find Sprite to be mostly inoffensive.

Late with this, but I've noticed over the past couple of years there are some fountains at restaurants where the Sprite tastes legit worse than unflavored mouthwash (probably due to a poorly cleaned or calibrated machine), while at others it tastes fairly mild like Sprite should.

Anyway, to answer the question, worst soda I've had is probably Diet Coke. Worst flavor in my opinion that I know is seriously mass produced would have to be that Pineapple Fanta that I think I've seen a few places, but that's one I've never tried because I don't like the flavor of pineapple to begin with.

Years
  • It's 100% Mountain Dew. That shit is actually just melted down nuclear reactors, I'm certain. Tastes like the colour it is and that's about it really.

Otherwise, I've definitely had a few issues with some 7-Up that's tasted like soap rather than anything citrus-y.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I had this once

Pictured: Chocolate bacon covered soda

and I don't think it'll ever get worse than that.
    dear god

I would have said Sprite Zero since it is an outright offense to taste buds, but chocolate bacon soda must surely crown above it in this regard.

Back