• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What Mega Evolutions did you use?

Years
  • XY introducted Mega Evolutions, a new mechanic that allowed a Pokémon to temporarily evolve into a stronger form during battle if it was holding the relevant mega stone. This evolution would fade away at the end of a battle. Megas were available in some later games as well, like SuMo/USUM and LGPE.

Did you use any megas in your XY and/or ORAS playthroughs? Here is a list of available megas and which game they released in!

Years
  • I've used 2 Megas in my first XY playthrough. I picked Charmander in Lumiose City and evolved it to Charizard to use Mega Charizard Y. To be honest, I like Y over X design a lot. I've also used Lucario that was given to the player, so I often Mega evolved it too. I've also used Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Scizor in Battle Maison.

In ORAS, I've used even more Megas on my initial team. I got Swampert as my starter, caught Gardevoir and transferred Glalie with Glalitite from the ORAS demo. I also got Latias as part of the story, but I think I've only used it once in the story battle. Same with Rayquaza. And I kept using Mega Kangaskhan in Battle Maison.

I wish Mega Stones were all available to get during the story and not only in the post-game. I would otherwise use different Mega Pokémon.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    (focusing more on XY since i have yet to play ORAS)
    i have used two megas on my playthough: Mega Blastoise and Mega Lucario, i have used Mega Lucario a lot more because i love its design (maybe a bit biased since i love Lucario, its one of my favorites lol) but i gotta agree with Janp, i wish most of the mega stones wouldnt be avaliable post game, which is the reason i have used only 2, besides loving a lot of the megas, the same problem i have with some other evolutions methods, eg. being able to evolve Eevee into Glaceon only late into the games (same happens in games like BW2 and DP iirc)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't remember if I used mega evolution a whole lot during the main stories, but iirc my most used ones were like Charizard (both versions), Blaziken, Kangaskhan, Diancie, Gardevoir, and Metagross. Also had a shiny Mega Garchomp I remember using in online Doubles.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    None in X/Y. Mawile (OR) was my first and only mega I've used in the official games so far.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Mega Blaziken – Torchic was my starter Pokémon.
    Mega Gengar – Gengar is an all-time favorite of mine and will never stop being such.
    Mega Alakazam – Again, one of my all-time favorites that always has a place in my heart.
    Mega Gardevoir – One of my all-time favorites again. You can't beat that deal. Gardevoir with Pixilate and Hyper Voice is just so deadly.
    Mega Garchomp – Another all-time favorite
    Mega Gyarados – One of my favorite secondary team Pokémon
    Mega Lucario – Another all-time favorite
    Mega Rayquaza – How could you not use one of the most broken Pokémon the history of Pokémon?
    Primal Kyogre – Again, super broken, super useful
    Primal Groudon – Super broken, super useful
    Mega Aerodactyl – My favorite Pokémon that could use Fly back when HMs were a thing
    Mega Kangaskhan – She's really good when Mega Evolved, especially in Doubles

Years
  • There were a whole bunch I tried out for a battle or two just to see what they were like, but I really can't remember all of those.

Only ones I remember using for longer periods of time are the Hoenn starter Megas in ORAS, and Mega Lucario in XY.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Ive used mega blastiose, blaziken, bannete, gallade, swampert, and am still annoyed we never got that mega flygon…

In my opinion, I feel that they wasted too much Mega Evolutions on Pokémon that really didn't need them such as Beedrill for example. All those wasted ones could have been used on Pokémon like Flygon, Haxorus, Dragonite, the gen 2 starters, etc.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Mega Aggron (Y) - Basically ignored Mega Evolutions in the first playthrough. Wanted to try out something unusual on the second.
    Mega Gallade (Omega Ruby) - Liked its look. Did not have many other options for Megas.
    Mega Lucario (X) - A strong, early, low effort Mega. Performed as promised.

Outside of the main story (in the Battle Maison): Mega Mawile, Kangaskhan, and a little bit of Lopunny.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Venusaur and Lucario in X. In Y I tried out Ampharos which tbh carried my party early on and still carried its weight later on.
    In ORAS I mostly used the starter megas and Manectric. First playthrough I also used Metagross and Gallade; Altaria and Aggron during the second playthrough, and Medicham for the third.

Years
  • I won't lie: few of them. Most of mega stones were available post game, so I mainly used Mega Lucario and tried as many mega evolutions as I could, but I haven't really used them, since I haven't used any during the story.
    I haven't used Mega Swampert in ORAS in the story because I really don't like it. I had to use it for the League though. So, yes I mainly tried all of them for very few battles, rather than properly using them for longer periods of time.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Mega Lucario in Y (I'm sure I must have mega'd my Venusaur at some point, but barely), Mega Sceptile in Omega Ruby. Would've used Mega Gardevoir too, but the stone wasn't available until postgame :{ Come to think of it, I also had a Banette on the team who I don't remember megaing or even getting the stone for - I guess I just prefer to have only one team member occupying the "mega evolver" role, so I don't have to decide per battle.

ShadowLugia111

Birb Obsessed
    Years
  • I used Mega Charizard Y and Mega Blaziken in my playthrough of Pokémon Y, I think. Later on, I got a shiny Mega Gardevoir that I loved to death. That black dress just looks amazing~ ovo

I also got that event shiny Mega Gengar, but I don't remember using it.

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    The Mega I used most in XY was Mega Charizard Y - I had a really good sun team set up! I also used Mega Mawile a good deal. In ORAS I forget what Mega I used...? I know I chose Swampert as my starter but I don't remember if I used them much. I'd have to go fish out my 3DS from the depths of some moving boxes.

I think my favorite Mega is Mega Sceptile though... such a sick design! I just didn't choose them in ORAS because I wanted to send up my original Sceptile from Ruby 😭

Years
  • I've used a few in my 6 Gen 6 playthroughs so far.

In my first Y playthrough I used mega Venusaur on my in-game team, in second one I used mega Aerodactyl and in the third one I used mega Lucario.

In my first Alpha Sapphire playthrough I used mega Sceptile, Gyarados and Camerupt, in the second one I used mega Swampert and Manectric and in the third one I used mega Altaria.

Back