• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What name do you give your Player in Pokemon Games, your real name or some other name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
    I usually go with my real name. There is something about it that ups the immersion factor just a bit, which is the most important part of the video game experience for me.

Years
    I always use my real name. It's just easy to identify with the protagonist if everybody's calling you by your name. Getting achievements with it also is a plus.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Most of the time I name the characters after myself on the first playthrough, and then try and make up fun names if I play through the game again,

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Since my RL name starts with the letter j, i've always given the MC a name that starts with the aforementioned letter:

Male MC:
    "Jotaro"
    "Josuke"
    "Jojo"
    "Jude"
    = definitely not inspired by Jojo's Bizarre Adventure /false

Female MC:
    "Janna"
    "Joyleene"
    "Jill"
    "Jam"
    = I name my female avatar as any girl's name with the letter J, and the 2nd one is also another Jojo reference.

What they do have in common though, is that all of these names, i would definitely pick them out as name for future children.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Male: Ryan
    Female: Lara

None of the two are actually my real name. They established themselves as my goto names in the games at some point and I don't know why. xD

So, is that your name, or is it just one that you came up with back then?

Which names where you usually using? Do they adhere to certain themes, or are they completely random?

It's the latter; they are completely random, haha.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I alternate name and gender.
    Depends on what team I'm playing and the language of the game which determines what my player's name will be.
    forgot to add: determines my Pokemon's nicknames too

Last edited:
    Years
    I always give them my real name, or rather real nickname, Spoony. I like to think that I'm playing as myself. If I have the corresponding game or start new saves or whatever I sometimes go by Spoontwo or Spoontoo.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I usually use my real name, unless I do Nuzruns. Of course I use my real name in some nuzruns, like TRBG, but that is only if I want to be the main character.

Juliandroid98

The night hunter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I've always used my realy name for the main character.
    I also always named the rival after one of my friends back in DPPT and HGSS.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I just name myself Laguna whenever I play pokémon, or pretty much anything for that matter.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I always use Kimi. Mostly, because that's what everyone calls me. It's also what a lot of people know me as when I play. Very seldom do I ever use any other name. I have chosen the male character and named him Takeshi in Pokemon Y for example.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Thru my Y playthrough I don't use my real name and I just use Kein and on my OR I just add finishing touches with Jrr as shown on my signature

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I don't think I've ever used my real name. I started with RBY where there was only a male player character, so I used names of my male classmates. Tommy, Mikey, Joey, Noah, etc. When Crystal came out, I still didn't use my name, preferring names I liked instead. Haley, Sunny, Hannah, Rose, etc. By the time RSE came along, I was using different names for every save, sometimes default names, sometimes not. Kate is the only name I reused that isn't a default as far as I know. It's my character's name in Platinum and X.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    In-Game Name

What do you go by in your games? Do you just use your first name, or do you use online usernames? Do you use different names every time, or do you use the default names like Serena, Calem, May, Brendan, etc.? Have you ever picked a name to use that you eventually ended up hating and wished you could change? Do you ever play as the opposite gender? What name do you pick if you do?

I usually just go by my first name, Ashley in all of my playthroughs. I've played XY in French a few times, and in those instances I use my middle name, Marie, since it's a French name. Once when I did a Fairy-type playthrough, I used the name Faye since that sounded cute for a Fairy-type trainer. I should get more adventurous with my names in-game, haha :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back