• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon do you think is underrated?

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
  • What Pokemon do you think is underrated? and why do you like said pokemon?

Anyway, I think watchog doesn't get enough love, such a cool pokemon in my opinion. It's also the only prairie dog pokemon, which is also cool. I recently watched a video on what the least popular pokemon is Via how much people searched it on google and was surprised to see my boy watchog be the least popular. I really think this pokemon needs more love.

Years
    • Seen today
    There seems to be quite a few underrated Pokémon. It's not rare for me to watch other player's playthroughs and see them underestimate certain Pokémon that I would be totally fine adding to my team.

But one very obvious example is Bibarel, a.k.a. "The HM slave". I had one with Simple + Swords Dance, Amnesia, Aqua Jet, and Quick Attack in my SP playthrough and it was a fun beast.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    In terms of appearance: Vibrava :t329:? Usually heaps praise onto Flygon. (Likes that too.) Forgets about the middle evolution. Overlooks a pretty nice-looking Pokemon.

In terms of battling: Maybe Bellossom :t182:? Works a lot of ways.
    • Special: Learns Quiver Dance (by Move Reminder) as soon as it evolves in Sword/Shield. Opens up an opportunity to set up with Strength Sap. Blasts stuff with Giga Drain and Moonblast/Sludge Bomb from there.
    • Physical: Picks up decent physical options too: Swords Dance, Drain Punch, Petal Blizzard, and Play Rough.
    • Debuffs: Alternatively, make the opponent sad with Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, and your pick of Strength Sap, Charm, or Tickle. (Or do dumb stuff with Toxic and Attract in the mix.)
    • Baton Pass: Probably the most defensive Quiver Dance + Baton Passer. (Cannot say if it will get it again in Scarlet/Violet. Currently sees Masquerain, Venomoth, Ribombee, and Oricorio as your other choices.)

Also considered Crobat, Pachirisu, and Drapion. Might already be aware of the first two being alright. Expects more people to brush off Bellossom because of how amazing Poison/Dark is.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I think that a lot of monotypes get overlooked. Dugtrio is a great Pokemon for playing through the game, but it's pretty frail and doesn't learn a lot of coverage moves. Electrode has similar issues. Hariyama is a bulky powerhouse that has been somewhat overlooked in the past and recently been outright replaced in its niche by Iron Hands.

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
    Years
  • I would name in this topic to: Leafeon. I think it can be a good Eeveevolution with the correct treatment and i like how it was designed.

Another i can name is Ninetales. This fox looks so majestic and i love foxes (such little goofy animals ^_^ )

Years
  • Delphox and Meganium are fairly underrated, though on these forums not as much.

I'll go with Oricorio. I did a single stages only playthrough in Sun. Oricorio is actually a pretty good mon. It's ability is situational, but great when it gets to use it as you get to use two moves in 1 turn.

Years
  • Musharna is pretty underrated and one of my favorites. I know it's had some slightly creepy shots in the anime before but I still love it. Any mon based on a tapir is cool to me and I enjoyed using it in BW!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I feel like Feraligatr has definitely lost popularity over time and… I'm suprised by that. I figured anything that looks like a giant sea monster with massive jaws would be somewhat more well known. Well, it was known as the first starter I took to the end of a game, it does balanced stats correctly, and Ice fang. And I've also been on a giant sea monster kick as of late which means I also have some interest in it as of late as well.

Days
    • they/he
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    a lot of my favorites are quite popular (Rockruff, Chikorita). But a fave that I think probably doesn't get a lot of love is Joltik/Galvantula. I know lots of people dislike bugs and spiders; but I am one of those weird-animal-defender types, and I love galvantula's fuzzy and bright design.

Days
  • I think Araquanid is really slept on. Great Special Defence and incredible ability. Liquidation/Leech Life/ Sticky Webs, etc. Just never see him used much or talked about! Awesome design too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    There are tons of underrated Pokemon out there. Miltank is a pretty good one to name. If you ever go back to play GSC, def try one out. Base 100 Speed back in that time period is insane. Badge Boost from Whitney helps out with Return and DCurl + Rollout just allows it to nuke through things incredibly fast. Going as far as to almost sweep the entirety of Lance.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Gumshoos is kind of underrated, though he was president in 2016

Back