• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What version will you get?

Choose a version!

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Both

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Neither >:(

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Universe

all-consuming
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm going for Alpha Sapphire.

Reason 1 being that I played Sapphire first. Reason 2 being that hello, it's obviously the superior version.

That 'Alpha' ain't there for no reason.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • Zeta Emerald of course :P

I started with Emerald, so I will choose only when the exclusive pokemon'll be revealed. But I like more Mega Groudon's design so... who knows? xD

Years
  • I plan to get both, hopefully together; however, if I can only get one at a time then Omega Ruby gets priority. Ruby was my first GBA game so it has sentimental value, plus I prefer its version exclusive Pokemon (assuming that they'll stay the same) and evil organization (though, if they follow the Emerald storyline this doesn't really matter).

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I've never really understood the point of buying both in these days. I mean, with the GTS, Wonder Trade, and proliferation of the internet, it's really easy to get all your version exclusives nowadays even if you barely have any friends. Seems like just buying the same game for the price of two. Oh well, perhaps some want to experience ALL the version differences, like story?

Anyway, due to this (and the fact that I have a boyfriend who I am sucking back into my avid Pokemon obsession who will buy the opposite version. Also, lack of money helps), I'll be getting the red version. Which is Omega Ruby. I'd honestly prefer if it were Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire, due to liking the word "Alpha" better than "Omega" and not being too found of it in general, but it does have a better ring to it. Also, a ruby is my favorite gem!

Ironically, back in Gen III, I got Sapphire for Latias and the other version exclusives I preferred better. (Including Kyogre. Not too found of Groudon, to be honest. It looks like a giant red cheese grater to me) But as I, again, have a boyfriend who will get the opposite version, we can just trade for exclusives anyway. He wants Latios, and I want Latias. All works out. I can finally correct this oversight of having Sapphire even though Ruby is my favorite gem. :3

GammaHD

The real The best
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Defiantly Omega Ruby for sure. I'm surprised to see everyone going with Alpha Sapphire but I still like Groudon more than Kyogre. I guess i will be the less but greater size of the argument. I think we can all agree that Treeko is the best starter though right?
    {:3}

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I got Ruby first, though I got Emerald way before haha, so I'm definitely picking Omega Ruby! My sister is getting Alpha Sapphire too, so we can deal with trade evolutions and version exclusives together, haha.

Alpha Sapphire seems tempting though, but we'll just wait and see.

VictoryBell

The Solar Biologist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I've always personally preferred Groudon over Kyogre, as well as Team Magma, so I am going to most likely get Omega Ruby.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Going to pre-order both games at once I think :3 Since I am a game collector and I like to collect Pokemon stuff in general, it's only natural for me to get both versions anyway ;)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I got Ruby first, though I got Emerald way before haha, so I'm definitely picking Omega Ruby! My sister is getting Alpha Sapphire too, so we can deal with trade evolutions and version exclusives together, haha.

Alpha Sapphire seems tempting though, but we'll just wait and see.

I did the same with getting Emerald before, but it was Sapphire instead of Ruby. My sister wants me to get Alpha Sapphire, and Sapphire has more sentimental value. But I want Latios...gah...Also I got the first remake (Firered) and then got the second remake (SoulSilver) so now it's back to first of the pair. I hope they pull an emerald and have all the Weather trio (even if the Megas/formes are exclusive as I like better Kyogre's anyways), and allow us to pick the Eon we get, or have an event to get the other. If so I'll get Alpha Sapphire. Ah...but Ruby is my birthstone and my favorite gem...but Sapphire happens to be my mothers (and is tied for my favorite gem...go Corundum!). I guess Alpha Sapphire is still winning. However if Swampert or Sceptile (or even Blaziken...) get's two megas and I like better the Omega Ruby one I'll get it.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • I got the original Ruby for myself but lost it. My brother has the original sapphire and he still has it today. I'm about it go with Alpha Sapphire because Team Aqua's nasty plot sounded better than Team Magma's.

Years
  • I plan on picking both of them up, but I'm not made of money so I will be getting Pokemon Omega Ruby first. I like Groudon a lot better than Kyogre, and if the version exclusives stay the same, that's just another reason for me to get Omega Ruby first. Also, I like Team Magma's plan better; to make more land in Hoenn. I sort of wish that they would actually be successful because there is a little too much water in Hoenn, not that it bothered me but it seems logical as to why they want more land. :P

Years
  • I loved them both, (R&S) and I like Kyogre/Groudon equally, but I preferred Sapphire to Ruby back in the day. That could change depending on if the version exclusives change, or if something like that changes. I do think Groudon's forme is cooler looking, though.

Back