• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation. I kinda watched 10 episodes in a day. I had no idea something like this was currently airing. I didn't read any hype about it, but it's pleasantly surprising. The main character has to face his regrets/mistakes from his past life in addition to the obstacles in his current life (typical isekai fantasy world setting). He also starts as a baby and is physically 11 (he was around 30 when he first died). Watching him grow and develop in a new world is pretty cool. He gradually improves his magic/survival skills.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Finished NGE and End of Evagenlion, it was good enough just feel like I was expecting more, for me personally it wasn't the 10/10 masterpiece you often hear it made out as. Still defo enjoyed tho and sure I will eventually get to the remaining films.

Also catching up on MHA5

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I found a new simuldub to watch. Heard too much about it and saw it was getting a simuldub so I tried it out. It's called Ranking of Kings.

Pretty cutesy and good so far honestly. Animation style gives me Ni No Kuni vibes. MC has a disability so it honestly makes you root for him more.

This doesn't necessarily mean I'll no longer try to finally get myself to watch Appli Monsters. It just depends really.

Years
  • The last anime I watched all the way through was Puella Magi Madoka Magica. My twin calls me a dabbler because I'll start watching or reading something and get distracted by something else and watch or read that instead. I was reading the Gamer manga and was making decent progress through it, but the Gamer ability seemed like it was the answer to everything and there were no limits to it, which annoyed me, so I stopped reading it.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Been binging through and am almost done with S2 of Kuroko no Basuke. I read the entire manga a while ago and watched S1 of the anime. Not sure what took me so long to get to S2 but I've been having a lot of fun watching it! Aomine was my favourite when I read the manga by far so it's nice how he has a lot of screen time in S2.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • Haikyuu season 4 spoilers
    Spoiler:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I've mainly been watching The Law of Ueki, but I just watched last week's episode of Pokémon last night.

Last anime I completed though? Kekkaishi, I think. I enjoyed it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Binged the rest of Kuroko no Basuke (S3, movie, OVAs). Think I teared up a bit at the ending OVA because it was so sweet. Finished up Angel Beats and am now watching Free for some reason. It's summer and I felt like watching a sports anime again so... Free it is. Its been a fun show to watch but I wouldn't say it's high up on the list of my favourite sports anime so far.

Enjoying break and getting through all the shows I've had on my watch list. Might go for a shonen next!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • working through the backlog slowly but steadily Recently finished Yona of the Dawn. Wondering if it's eventually going to get a s2 since it wasn't a bad show and it ended at a point that suggested there'd be a sequel. Read something about the mangaka halting production on the series but that's been lifted and stuff was being published again earlier this year, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    The last anime show I was watching was Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai
    A well done Japanese anime. :)

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Super late but I finally watched the Demon Slayer movie, still got some catching up to do before starting S2 lol.

I also watched When Marnie was there and Wolf Children recently, and I'm halfway through Noragami and MHA S5

Years
  • I finished Aggretsuko S4 recently. I think I enjoyed it more than last season but Haida is getting on my nerves. The things the show explores in each season are interesting but it feels like even when really dangerous things take place nothing really changes and is somewhat resolved for the next season reset.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Finished Solo Leveling today. Kind of bummed with how quickly everything wrapped up since I have one less thing to do on wednesdays now, but overall it was an enjoyable manhwa. Glad that it didn't drag on like some of the other similar series, but definitely would have liked to see a tiny bit more :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    I've been sick lately, which sucks but meant I couldn't do anything but get some reading in, so I just finished binge reading as far as I could find in Karneval! :) I've read it before a few years ago, and reading again was really nice, it's one of my favorite series honestly! I also watched a little bit of the anime for it again too, when I felt well enough.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Assassination Classroom S2 is officially beginning tonight on Toonami. So I plan on watching it obviously since I watched S1 when it aired on there.

No... I don't know what took so long. You know about as much as I do.

Years
  • I just started Komi Can't Communicate the other day. So far it's been... okay? Plenty of time for it to get better but so far it feels a bit overrated.

Back