• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first game? Do you still enjoy it?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    My first game was LeafGreen, and despite the many many times I played it it's still pretty fun to play every year or so. I tend to play FireRed instead these days because I prefer its exclusives, but those games are basically identical tbh. It's still quite fun, I enjoy it a lot. ^_^

How about you? Which Pokémon game was your first, and do you still find it fun?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    My first one is represented by my avatar. While the series has made tremendous improvements, I still like to go back and revisit the originals every once in a while.

Years
    For me, it was Ruby.

I sadly haven't played it since moving onto 4th Gen (and now even more outclassed by OR/AS) but it does hold a place in my heart.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Gold or silver, I was a twerpish when the game got out and I just play for fun

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Mine was LeafGreen. It's not my favourite game as I like the Johto games better, but I still enjoy playing it to this day and it'll always have a special place in my heart.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Blue was my first game but I don't enjoy the gen I games anymore. I find them too difficult to play with the lack of features, how dated they feel, and a lot of my favourite mons weren't introduced until later gens. DPPT currently remains my favourite, but I've gotta say S/M seem to be shaping up to be pretty strong contenders.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Sapphire was my first game, but I somehow don't have it anymore. I had two at one point but I remember trading one for something. Then that should have left me with one, right?

I don't remember playing it much, but I do remember getting up to the Elite Four and never being able to get past the third one.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    Started with Pokemon yellow when I got my first see-thru Gameboy.

Bought it again for my N3ds... it has a rustic feel to it... and somehow its campaign is a bit more challenging; since the game wasn't so balanced back then.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
    My first Pok?mon game was Pok?mon Crystal Version on the Game Boy Color. It remains my favorite Pok?mon game to this day, and I still find it fun.

Years
    FireRed was my first game, I still love it to bits and replay it every year or so, I must have replayed it so many times and for some reason it never gets old. It's still my second favourite Pokemon game and would probably be number one if I didn't literally have an obsession with Emerald haha.

Years
    Blue was my first, but the last time I tried to play it I was too frustrated by how slow the game runs and generally how it doesn't have all the things I've gotten used to in the current games.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
    Pokemon Gold/Silver (my first games) really hooked me in. The graphics, the better features. I thought if Pokemon games could improve, it could only get better! And besides, they have one of the best designed regional Pokemon. And no I don't get to play them anymore. I play Emerald instead, not my first but definitely my favorite. And that's when I second (counting the red gya on gen 2) encountered a shiny, a Ralts early game.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    The original Red version was my first, but trying to replay it after buying it on the eShop shows me that the game hasn't aged particularly well. I was kinda forcing myself through it to be honest.

Years
    Pokémon Blue Version was my first game, and I have an unopened copy of it somewhere. I still love the game, due to nostalgia, but I don't think they're outright superior like some people.

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    Mine was Crystal! I still play it and HGSS a lot. Like, way too much. Y'all have no idea.

Years
    'Twas Blue.

Sadly, it's very difficult for me to get back into it, since it's just...well, "dated" really is the best way to describe it. This seems a bit strange since I love playing older games and normally don't mind retro sprites at all, but for some reason I just couldn't get over the graphics in Blue. And then the battling was just... :/

Yeah, I've tried a few times, just couldn't get back into it. Something like Gold and Silver I would gladly play if I could. Blue is just a bit too much for me, though. Couldn't even get back into Yellow when I tried. First Gen games just don't do it for me anymore.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Blue; and I still like to play it even now. While heavily outdated, it still has a lot of features that I enjoy that aren't around anymore. Like gift Pokemon automatically getting send to the PC and challenging TM management/HMs actually being useful moves in battles.

Also glitches, tons and tons of glitches.

Back