• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What Will Your Team Be?

Years
  • For those of you that haven't started yet, or have just begun: do you know which Pokémon you want on your main game team? Already decided, have no idea, or something in between?

I'm quite sure of Inteleon, Corviknight, Obstagoon, Arcanine, Appletun and Rapidash as my usual lineup, with additional swappable members to be included along the way (Machop, Vespiquen, Darmanitan, Dracovish...) The wireless box access looks really neat for that.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Considering using any of these new Pokemon in my playthroughs: Cinderace, Boltund, Flapple/Appletun, Sandaconda, Toxtricity, Centiskorch, Polteageist, Hatterene, Cursola and Eiscue. Considering I plan to play both Sword/Shield, anyway.

But I'm no 100% certain what I want to use yet. We'll have to see.

Years
  • So far I'm mostly decided on Scorbunny, Wooloo, Hattrem, maybe Gossifleur as well...it's a tough choice! Going to make decisions as I go, but those four are just... <3

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't have either game yet, so I might just as well post here. My starter will be Sobble, and my choice is final.

As for my team, I'm thinking of this:
    Inteleon
    Corviknight or Copperajah
    Eldegoss or Flapple
    Grimmsnarl or Alcremie
    Centiskorch or Coalossal
    Toxtricity

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    Dragon tamer, like I always do. It was somewhat hard to do in BW, because you needed to trade or beat the game iirc?

Kommo-o
    Duraludon
    Dracozolt
    Dragapult
    Haxorus
    Flygon

I started doing this because the games tend to be too easy & I like dragons. Not easy playing like this though, from my experience with other gens. The dragons tend to be spread out, mostly late in game. So you have to do a lot of grinding.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I haven't gotten the games yet, but I think I already have my team planned out:
    *Intelleon
    *Yamper (No way I'm evolving it, I've waited so long for a corgi Pokemon and it just turns into something else?!)
    *Corviknight (I might even try to go for a Gigantamax one)
    *Galarian Rapidash
    *Dracozolt
    *Alcremie
    The only thing I'm still undecided on is what kind of Alcremie I want. Leaning towards one with clovers so I can make Cloverfield puns when I Dynamax it

MajorPlays

Casual PokeTuber
    Years
  • The only ones I know I'm having for a fact are my starter's last evo is (Grookey Gang), Raichu, and Lucario. Lucario's handsdown my favorite Pokemon, I had him on every team since gen 4 lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    My current planned team goes:
    *Cinderace
    *Excadrill
    *Appletun
    *Meowstic
    *Milotic
    *Togekiss
    No real thought went into the team besides them all being cute.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Spending a lot of time in the Wild Area (I only have three badges still), so I haven't encountered everything yet. I was wanting to beat the game with only Gen 8 Pokemon, the first time. I really don't like what my Scorbunny evolved into, so I will be releasing it after I breed an egg to have a new baby Scorbunny. I just can't look at the final evolution. I've never felt that way about a Pokemon before.

Sirfetch'd
    Coalossal
    Boltund (I actually caught one with Flame Charge egg move, otherwise I would have picked Toxtricity)
    Corviknight
    Sandaconda
    Centiskorch

TheeWizard

Brad
    Years
  • It's so hard to just choose 6.
    The team I'll be using through the game will be;
    Runerigus
    Coalossal
    Appletun
    Drednaw
    Toxtricity
    Corviknight

But there are really just so many teams I want to make.

Back