• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your current obsession?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Debating whether to drop about £1500 to make my childhood Pokémon dreams come true - backups of my current games and consoles and making sure I have one of every main series game in Gen III to V as well as new GBAs and Link Cables so I can actually trade in Gen III for once. All the games have to come in boxes, of course! So I spend about 2 hours every day thinking about that.

My other obsession is The Expanse (TV series). Got Prime free trial again so I can binge the whole series in time to catch the final season and I am flying through it. I covered 3 seasons in a week!

nothing, and it bothers me o: I feel aimless when I'm not hyperfixating on anything...

So true. Most recently after seeing No Time To Die and then No Way Home (super happy with both), I woke up the next day and was just like "well now what do I care about?"

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
    Right now, anime fan edits. Watching all those edits really inspired me and now I want to make one. (I've made 2 in the past, so I do know what I'm doing. Watch them here if you want.) I have a character and song in mind (and I already have the section I want to use recorded) so now I just need to plan out what clips of the character I want to use, then I have to record all those clips. THEN comes the actual editing process. Cutting the clips down to the right length, adding the transitions, making sure they flow properly, adding filters and effects here and there... it's definitely the hardest part of the whole process. But like anything creative, it's worth it in the end to see the finished product in all its glory.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ordering Korean food online that I really don't need.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
    For the last year or so it's been frogs, but now that they're cemented firmly in the "serotonin giving things" part of my brain, I'd have to say recently it's cheesy horror movies. I got a SHUDDER subscription just so I can watch all the old 80's and 90's horror flicks, I love them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    '70's and '80's car commercials. A whole bunch have been uploaded on the Tube of You and they just hit differently, especially ones with songs/jingles written specifically for the car. You haven't truly lived until you've heard a guy sing passionately about a Ford Taurus.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    I'll admit it, I've been more fixated on Pokémon Xenoverse than I would have liked to be. I'm on my second playthrough and even though I don't like the story any better than I did the first time, I am at least able to latch onto what few positives there are this time, and laugh at the negatives. That final battle is definitely still worth traversing Hell-diw a second time.

Plus, I have grown very attached to my Shulong, Gengar X and shiny Scovile despite holding a bias against most Fakemon in this game. I still can't believe I found a shiny of the one Pokémon (other than the starter) that I would have broken my "no Fakemon" rule for. And what you know, I've even been looking up tutorials so I can make a female Pikachu X plush out of a fluffy sock!

So yeah, I can definitely consider XV my "so bad it's good" favourite out of all Pokémon fangames now.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
    Pokemon.

I've gotten really into it since joining the forum. I mean I've always liked it, but now I'm like reading the manga, watching the TV show and movies and collecting Pokemon cards lmao, I love it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    a couple of things:

- the rp im just starting up (we're gonna have so much fun if we make it work!)

- The Expanse (holy shit this show is so good and right up my alley, why did i sleep on this for so long)

- Oscar Isaac (no explanation needed tbh)

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
    ArrDee.

Spoiler:

I don't even know why I just love him rn. D:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Anime Kaworu from Neon Genesis Evangelion (manga Kaworu sucks and his homoerotic interest in Shinji doesn't make him any less terrible). I love how he's so intellectual, a bit socially inept, really perceptive, soft-spoken, kind, and empathetic. I loooooove him <3

Me, seeing Manga Kaworu:

Also JonTron. He's the only content creator who consistently makes me laugh and I really need that so I've been binging his videos without caring how many times I've already seen them.

Typically, my obsessions are with fictional men, or fictional universes. Ask me what my obsession is again in a month and it'll probably be a different fictional man.

Back