• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did YOU use your Master Ball

Days
    • Age 16
    • He-Him
    • Hoenn
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok dont laugh at me- But I used It on a SHINY SABLEYE because I couldn't catch it in any Quick Balls or Ultra Balls XD so i just gave up.. and... yeah :p

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Usually never. Saves it for something like a shiny that will possibly explode. May also use it on something sufficiently annoying (like one of the Johto roaming legendaries).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Two cases for me. One was in GSC when I was a young lad, and had learnt about the Duplicate cheat. Ergo, Master Balls for days. So whenever I found a legendary, boop! Master Ball, end of story. (I suppose also Colosseum, as it has a glitch too that allowed you to reuse Poke Balls, including the Master Ball. teehee)

The other case is every other game where there was no such option, so I just never used it. Like Devalue I keep it for cases like encountering a Shiny that could kill itself (and I hadn't saved just before in a game where a Shiny will 'stay' after resetting, like SV - did get a Shiny Koffing for example in the DLC! WHich could have exploded, but I saved before running into it). But I have not had this come up as yet.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Usually I'll save them for the last roaming legendary I'm hunting in order to make the process less time-consuming. I always try to keep stocked up on Pokeballs just in case, because there have been a couple times where I've run out while trying to catch something and just had to run and buy more. If I end up running into a shiny like Geodude, I'll check online to see what levels it learns things like Self-Destruct and try to plan around that. When I was younger I used to just default to using it on the highest level legendary in whatever game.

...I very clearly remember accidentally wasting my Master Ball on an Abomasnow in Sword though...

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
    If my game has a roaming Legendary, I use it on that. If it doesn't, I use it on a Legendary that has a way to heal itself. Otherwise, I save it in case I encounter a shiny.

Years
    Always a legendary, and usually that extra special encounter like a shiny legendary or a roamer because it takes extra patience to find them, and you don't know when it will happen- it could be awhile.

if I see such a treasure appear on my screen, and have a master ball on me, you bet I will throw it! Not taking the risk of losing that pokemon, and having to go through the process of hunting it all over again, when I don't have to.

Last edited:
    Years
    I remember using it on Mewtwo during my first playthrough of Yellow. And I used my Master Ball in my first run of Sapphire on Kyogre. Which I regretted later, because I had to hunt Latias for days with Ultra Balls. After that, I don't think I used Master Ball at all, usually keeping it in my inventory the whole game.

Years
    On Black 2, I used it on a Pokémon (that green frog I do not remember how it is called) in splashing water after spending hours trying to find a first one, only for it to KO itself with Perish Song and evade my attempt in the last turn with Bounce. So, more searching until the next one appeared, and... Masterball.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I used to use it on legendaries, but now I just simply save it for any shiny I stumble across, if I do find one that is. Sometimes I even use it on a lategame mon that knew a battle ending move but I don't do that often.

Days
    • Age 16
    • He-Him
    • Hoenn
    • Seen yesterday
    I remember using it on Mewtwo during my first playthrough of Yellow. And I used my Master Ball in my first run of Sapphire on Kyogre. Which I regretted later, because I had to hunt Latias for days with Ultra Balls. After that, I don't think I used Master Ball at all, usually keeping it in my inventory the whole game.
    I suprise traded a LOT in Sword and Shield and I got a lot of Level 100 Shiny Perfect Hyper Trained pokemon with a ".com" username. I got not one, not two, BUT THREE master balls from those Pokemon because they equipped them In their Held Item slot. I just used it on the Gigantimax forms of the Kantonian Starters during an event.

I might actually trade over my Level 100 shiny hacked Incin and just use it on the SV Ladder XD

Years
    • Seen today
    I usually save the Master Ball for extremely particular situations that are most likely not going to happen.

Years
    I used 2 Master Balls in Violet on the Snacksworth Spectrier and Lunala. Didn't have anyone on my team who could reliably weaken them and they're immune to False Swipe unless you got a Scrappy mon (I didn't). I just chucked a Master Ball at each and called it done =P

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I use them on any Pokemon that I feel like match the color honestly. Even in older games where there's only one, I'd rather just reset until I catch whatever it is in a Ball I think fits.

Years
    I used the master ball simply for legendaries only. Then once I learned about roaming legendaries I challenged myself to only use the master ball on them. To this day I still only use the master ball on roaming legendaries. If I have access to multiple master balls at once then I start using them on very tough pokemon. Like how in Diamond when I learned you can find a beldum on Route 228. Once I got the master ball cheat I instantly started chucking them at pokemon like beldum because I thought it was impossible.

Years
    Honestly never. I think my brain associates Masterballs with hacked Pokemon you find on like surprise trades nowadays. It's also ugly. The only Pokemon I'd probably use it on in a pinch would be Mewtwo because of the color scheme and the big M lol.

Back