• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which characters?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I chose the male character on White and named him Terra while I named the female character on Black 2 Clarice.

Years
  • Hilda in White and Rosa in Black 2.

Girls all the way because I'm female and I really liked their designs, especially Rosa. Fifth gen had one of the nicest-looking female characters.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Black & White: Female protagonists named Alice and Echo. They're characters from a series called Pandora Hearts.

White 2: Female protagonist named Lilith. She is a character from Borderlands.

I preferred the designs of the females.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I chose both female Protags in White and White 2. Megan and Serena are their names. I actually prefer BW protag over BW2 protag because I looooove her sense of style!

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • I'm fairly certain that I've played as both in Black and White, though it was originally the male. In Black 2 I went with the girl, because I loved her design - which is odd, because I usually find the guys to have better designs.

Schizii

Always tired.
    Years
  • In Black, I went with the girl, since I loved her tomboy design and overall she just seemed pretty radical. I believe I named her Jester, since I can't fit my real name in the digits provided pfff.
    In White, I believe I chose the boy. I named him Torin, which would have been my name if I were a boy. Besides Brendan, I felt as though he had the best male design. The others I weren't a big fan of. :c
    In White 2, I went with the girl again and I don't remember what I named her pffff. But I remember refusing to choose the guy, because I just couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how his hair worked with his visor. xD

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I just picked the male character for both games. For my first runthrough I always go with the male protagonist simply because I'm a guy. Honestly, I really don't care enough about their design to make a huge decision about it.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I almost always pick male characters, at least on my first play through. I just like being able to more easily associate myself with my character. A lot of people have the Male Protagonist in BW2 a lot of crap, but honestly I liked him.

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
    Years
  • In Black, I chose the boy main character. Um...was it his name Black as well o_O? I have no idea, but the design, in my opinion, was better than the girl's

In White2, I chose the male main character again (I believe...his name was Nate). He had a better design than before, but the girl looked (heh, I have no idea wut their name is, its why I refer them to "girl" and "boy" xD) better than before as well. But I chose Nate whatsoever o_O

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • I picked the female (Hilda, Rosa) for both Black and Black 2. Normally, I pick the male but the female characters had superior designs to the males. Same case with Gen 4, as I picked Dawn over the male because of his odd-looking hat and design.

For the record, I like Rosa slightly more than Hilda.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    I liked both designs for both games, but in the end I played as Hilda in Black because I felt she contrasted N more(and I'm a fan of the idea of them being a couple). I played as Nate in White 2 because of the trailer, but I did play one file with Rosa because I just loved her Sailor Moon-like design too much; I went back to Nate because he just fits the story more.

Nakala Pri

I love Hilda! <3 I chose her, I loved her and every time she ran I was like: 'YEAH, YOU GO, GURL!' C:

I called her... um... OMG, i'm such a traitor... xD

I called her... oh, I can't remember. ;; But yeah, her tomboy design <3 I always considered myself a tomboy. C:

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • Picked the male protagonist on both games. I don't really care for switching to female, since I'm male and there really is no difference to it.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I'm gonna be really boring here: I always pick the girl character in the games and always call them Cliona, cause that's my name and gender.

Me: So normal it's almost exciting...

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I chose the Male in White, and the Girl in Black 2. I just wanted to change it up. :P I never purchased a "third version" or such before Black/White 2, yet I heard that they tended to be a bit redundant. So I tried changing as much as I could to give the games a different feel--different starter, different color-version (meaning I'd go through technology landscapes), different character. Turns out that Black/White 2 was substantially different from Black/White 1 without my attempts to make them different.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I chose Hilda for B/W and named her after myself (Amanda), and Rosa for B/W2 and named her after herself lol. I really liked the design for the female protagonists for gen 5 a little more than that of the males. I did choose the males for my second playthrough for a little change though. Named them after themselves as well.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • Out of the generation V games, I have only played White. I chose the female character, because she is awesomesauce. I absolutely love her design. I named her my real name, which is undisclosed. ;D

Back