• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which game were you the most excited for?

Outlier

Out of all the Pokemon games in the series which one had you hyped for it the most? What exactly was it that made you anticipate that game so much?

Years
    That would be Pokemon X. I wasn't even half as hyped for OR as I was for X. It made me actually buy the 3DS and I loved it.

Last edited:

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Gen 6, I only got my 3DS this christmas just gone so was excited for any gen 6 game. I ended up getting OR bacuse no highstreet stores had X or Y. Quite glad I did now too having borrowed X from a friend.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Of all games I have seen them release, I would say I was most excited for announcement of X and Y.

I've been wanting to see them make some sort of main-series game available for 3DS system (have bought this console primarily for Pokémon, to be honest), and when I'd heard they would be putting something up soon, I was very much looking forward to see what they had in store for us.

Had these two titles actually delivered? In my opinion, they did. Although they were indeed sort of lacking in terms of plot and whatnot, I feel they'd still been able to make up on that by adding more features to the series as a whole, such as Mega-Evolution.

Years
    i remember first hearing da buzz about black 2 n white 2 being released. i wasn't paying much attention to dat, but then i be watching marriland japanese coverage and when i saw the scene with black kyurem, dat shit had me stoked. and seeing all the rest of the post-game also had me craving dat release. if i don't make it clear, it totally delievered what i had hoped.

xy and oras took time for me to really get hyped for tho.

(I'll be glad when it's no longer April Fools Day and I won't have temptations to talk in this stupid internet meme manner...)

Years
    I think Black 2 & White 2 for me, because it was the first games I heavily got involved in the speculation with leading up to the release. X & Y on the other hand was a close second, because it was the first game of a new generation that I did a lot of speculating for, and I do admit it was loads of fun here back when the games still weren't released and everyone was speculating stuff like new type (which turned out to be Fairy) or what the starters were going to become, to also guessing what Pokemon would get Mega Evolutions or other major stuff.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think at the time I was most excited for Black 2/White 2. Perhaps it was because it was sort of a new concept having sequels rather than the predicted third game, but on paper the games just looked so fresh. Even playing them they lived upto how I expected, a great pair of games!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Main series totally hyped me, but the most are gen 6 such as Y which made me buy a 3DS and the game itself.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I don't really remember which one I was the most hyped for tbh. I know I was hyped for Diamond/Pearl, Black2/White2, and X/Y though.

What made you excited for Black/White?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    I think I was most excited for X and Y. I mean, I loved playing Pokemon XD and Colosseum as a kid, and I couldn't wait to see my favorite pokemon in 3D once again! Up until X and Y I was still pretty content playing SoulSilver (My first main series game) on my DS, and then occasionally played platinum. But I really wanted my 3D umbreon again.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    X/Y! It was the first of the 3D pokemon games and the one that had me most excited. The change of graphics, the new pomeon, everything about Kalos seemed more exciting than any other generation that had been announced. I hadn't completed B/W at the time but B/W2 was also one of my most hyped for games. The idea of a sequel was really interesting. :]

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    X and Y for sure. The sole reason I bought the 3DS was because of X and Y. And alll my hype was really worth it. The game was totally awesome to play. Favourite pokemon game by far. I mean, I was kinda excited for ORAS, but not as excited as I was for XY. The 3D was just so new in X and Y it would be impossible not to get hyped for it.

X and Y most definitely.. I remember being so excited when it was announced and dying on my way to GameStop to pick up my copy. ;.; Boyfriend was also pretty excited even though he's not much of a Pokemon fan anymore so that fueled my own excitement, too. 3D graphics were amazing and the games themselves looked so promising.

Although I loved OR/AS and R/S/E, I wasn't as impatient or excited when those remakes came around since I already knew what to expect for the most part (especially with graphics). Huge graphics changes like from B/W2 to X/Y are what really get me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Awh man idk! I remember being super hyped for x/y, hgss, and oras, but I can't remember which one I was more hyped for. Maybe it really was equal

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Gold and Silver. Yes, I'm showing my age. {XD}

Although there were rumors going around, as well as hints in the anime (ie. Ho-Oh, Togepi, Marill, etc), the idea of 100 new Pokémon being added to the games seemed too good to be true (especially at a time when even Mew's existence was still shrouded in mystery). While new regions and Pokémon have become an expected (and predictable) feature of the games nowadays, back then, it was truly something new and unprecedented. The countdown to GS was fun and exciting.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    HG/SS! I loved the Johto games, so when the remakes were finally announced, I got that kind of feeling that's like "there is good in this world after all", haha. The remakes had been hyped for years, I mean.

Sirfetch’d

I was most exited for ORAS because RSE was me entire childhood c: I have never looked forward to a game as much as I had these haha. XY was pretty close simply because it was an evolution for the franchise!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Pokemon Gold and Silver were the ones i was excited about the most. but i was young, the idea of a "gold" and "silver" version seemed to be so definitive. i still 100% believe gold and silver are the best games and not only that but they have the best naming out of the entire series.

Back