• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 110 42.3%
  • Torchic

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 94 36.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    I plan on going with Treecko in Omega Ruby. Treecko was my first starter in Ruby and, after two more playthroughs, my most recent. I also got my Sceptile to level 100, and she was the only Pokemon I trained to level 100 until X. Thus, Treecko has plenty of sentimental value for me, so using it is a must!

As for Alpha Sapphire, I'm going to choose Mudkip. I prefer Mudkip and its evos. over Torchic and its evos., plus I have fond memories of it kicking butt in Emerald.

Origin Green

Smell ya later!
    Years
    Treeko, when my two best friends played Pokemon when Gen 3 started, Treeko was my thing. One friend had Mudkip, the other Torchic...

They don't play Pokemon anymore. But Treeko was with me in my first adventure through Hoenn, I want him to be with me in the remakes :')

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I believe my first run through Sapphire, I chose Torchic.

But considering I've aged and gained a love for Treecko instead, that'll be my starter.

I love my reptile/amphibian Pokemon.~

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    Since I'm buying both, I think I'll do what I always do when I replay the originals: Torchic in Ruby, Mudkip in Sapphire.

I've never been a big fan of Treecko, to be honest.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I usually get the water starters but I don't really want to get a Mudkip because of the whole ~I herd u liek mudkipz~ thing... Not sure though... Treecko maybe?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    I'm going to start as always. Water starter all the way!

so Mudkip's my choice!

Years
    Getting nailed by Non Specific Grass Status has to be some of the trolliest BS in my casual experience. Now that the Grass type is immune to powder moves?

I shall make my Treecko phat.
    Nickname him after Toronto mayor.
    And look forward to lining up those slow & trolly Oddish jerks.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
    Treecko, my first pokemon of all time **, I choose you!! In the other version, i will choose Torchic because I never chose it...

Years
    Mudkip. It was the one I chose on my very first Ruby save, but more importantly, I'm bored of Blaziken because of X/Y. Was never much bothered about the Treeko line to be honest.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Gonna have to go with Mudkip here, Swampert is the bomb. I already picked a grass starter this gen and I think I've experienced enough of the Torchic family already.

Years
    Even though I have all the Hoenn Starters in Y version, I'll be picking Treecko for Omega Ruby, because if you get the Mega Stones for the Hoenn Starters (assuming that the other two do get Mega evolutions) I don't need two Blazikenites (though I'll probably get it anyway).

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
    Years
    For new regions I always pick the fire type starter because to me it makes the game easier because fire types are typically hard to find... but since I'm already familiar with Hoenn and I've started with both Torchic and Mudkip before I think I'll go with Treecko this time.

Years
    I'm gonna be going with Torchic. I don't really care about how practical the starters are or anything like that, I just pick the one that's most awesome. Which is Blaziken in my opinion. :3

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    Normally I prefer Water Pokemon, but as I don't like the look of Mudkip and have a passion for birds I decided to vote for Torchic.

Years
    If all of the starters get Megas then it depends between which one is cooler b/w treecko and mudkip.
    Otherwise Treecko gets the nod since his evolutionary line is the coolest.

Back