• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Which version are you getting?

Which version?

• Total voters

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Can't find the old thread so here we go. Now that the new Ponyta came out and I easily think it is the best new creature revealed so far, and I need it in my life, I will be getting Sheild. I will also get Sword because... blue version I guess. So what are you guys getting?

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I DON'T KNOW :cc I really really LOVE Galarian Ponyta and I want it for my team, but I actually prefer Zacian over Zamazenta (it feels kinda stupid to me xD), so I still haven't made up my mind on which version to get... Let's hope some more version exclusives can clear things up for me xD

Years
  • I think I like Zacian a bit more and I always seemed to get the red version (Ruby, Pearl, Black), so I could try a blue one for a change.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shield for sure ever since I saw the Legends, Shield, to me, was superior. The colors of Zacian are just too pale for my liking. Zamazenta's colors are far better and more vibrant to me. And with the version exclusives, it is making Shield even more appealing.

I like Ponyta better than Farfetch'd/Sirfetch's. I like Larvitar more the Dieno line. And I like Goodra over Kommo-o.

This will be very odd for me, as I usually get the 'first version' which is Gold, Ruby, Diamond, HG, X, OR and Sun.

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    shield... i dont like the legendary too much, but it has alister and ponyta so i feel legally obligated

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Shield definitely. I like Zamazenta better than Zacian and all version exclusives (except Larvitar, who I like less than Deino) better than Sword's.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    idk, Shield I guess

neither version has really given me that "yeah I'm pretty sure that's the one I'm going for" vibe, and I'm really not into buying both versions of a Pokemon game

but like part of me wants to use cotton candy unicorn so we're going with that

it's rather unlikely that later I'll be like "oh I wish I bought the other one instead" anyway

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Can't imagine getting anything but Shield now tbh! :D

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
  • I'm still undecided, i think I will wait to see a few more exclusives before i make a final choice.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Even though I might considering to get both, I'm going with Sword version first. Still, I might potentially getting Shield later on because of Galarian Ponyta among others.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • No idea. I like Zacian leagues better than Zamazenta, and would love to have it as the central legendary in my game, but Shield has Allister and Ponyta...

Last edited:
    Back