• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Which version did you get?

Which version did you get?

• Sword

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Shield

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Both

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Both. Lol. I was kind of excited to do so because of the whole version exclusive gym leader gimmick and for being the first and maybe only games that I got on launch. I also predicted they could possibly be my most nuzlocked games which so far might be the case.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Shield because of Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash. It really broke the pattern for me, as every other generation I had always defaulted to the "first" of the pair (Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, etc.). Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash was that important to me. Even though I also love Zacian and am sad I have never been able to get it.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I got Shield because I intially preferred Zamazenta to Zacian, although now I would happily swap Shield for Sword if I could be bothered to play through the game again. Might be a few years before that time comes, though.

Silksong

waiting on tomorrow
    Years
    • Age 25
    • he/him
    • Seen Jan 20, 2021
    Honestly don't remember why I got Sword, but that's the one I went with. Maybe because I like blue more than red? Who could say. I've been debating getting Shield as well so I can fill out some more of the Dex and battle those other leaders, but I'm having a hard time finding a justification for that extra purchase lol.

Years
  • I got Sword on release then Shield for Christmas six weeks later. I've restarted them both multiple times, but Shield I have over 80 hours on my current save, which I started the run on mid-October, mostly in part to my completing the Pokedex. I'll likely restart it in due time.

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
  • I was pretty indifferent on which version to get at first, was leaning towards Shield because I prefer Zamazenta integrated shield to Zacian just holding the Sword. That was until I discovered Galarian Rapidash existed and I had to get Shield because Pride Horse. In the end I'm glad I did because I also much prefer Allister and Melony to Bea and uhhh the other guy.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'd actually intended to skip the Sword & Shield, planning to wait until a "third game" came out (something I'm glad I didn't do now since our "third game" ended up being DLC), but my dad calls one day and asks which I'd rather have. I couldn't decide, so I told him to surprise me.

He got the double-pack... =w=

I ended up going with Sword though, mainly because I prefer blue over red. Kind of wish I'd went with Shield though since it has nicer version-exclusives (I'm refraining from opening Shield, hoping I can sell or trade it for something I might want in the future).

Last edited:

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • Shield! I kinda don't like how Sword is just a dog carrying a... sword. I know it's a reference but wish it was incorporated on its body like Keldeo xD
    Also version exclusives

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Originally, I was going to grab both games but after becoming disappointed with how this game was looking, I opted to skip out this gen...
    …until I was out of town and found a used copy of DPS Sword 3 days after its launch and I figured "it's cheaper and I'm supporting a local business so why not?" Would rather prefer Shield because Zamazenta > Zacian but hey Sword has the nice bonus of Scrafty and Hydreigon being some their version exclusives plus I haven't touched the games in a while.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Shield. Only really because my sibling wanted Sword.
    Tbh, I really liked the Shield legend and the exclusives.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I got Shield today. :D I didn't really have a preference for the legendary (a wolf carrying a sword in its mouth does seem silly), but Galarian Ponyta seemed cool. I had no idea there are version exclusive gym leaders.

Back