• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who are you gonna pick as your starter?

Team Rowlet, Team Litten or Team Popplio?

• Rowlet

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Litten

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Popplio

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    Popplio has proven to be what Oshawott is to me in Unova, and that is the regional mascot for me. With the beauty that was Primarina, it solidified Popplio as my Alola starter of choice.

So yes, definitely going with mah boi Popplio once again. I tend to pick the Water starters anyway so it's unsurprising.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I picked Rowlet in my first Moon playthrough. In UltraMoon I'm going to get Popplio and SR for a female!

Sirfetch’d

I'll be picking Popplio once again! I've already played through Alola with all 3 so it's time to go back to the original. I might end up boxing it though...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Gotta say I don't really understand how people are going with the same starters, is that not kinda boring? Each to their own I guess though.

That said I only have one playthrough of Moon (I'm kinda averse to restarting games) so I haven't had any experience with Popplio or Litten.

I'm going with Popplio this time around because I really like him and Primarina. He definitely gives me Oshawott vibes. (my starter in Unova)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha look at all the Popplio supporters!

In Sun, I picked Litten and loved Rowlet, and didn't like how Popplio looked. Buuut then my dear buddy Dragon got me a Popplio to use and I competely LOVED using Primarina. So for UltraMoon, I'm definitely picking Popplio :D

Or maybe Rowlet...

Years
    Gotta say I don't really understand how people are going with the same starters, is that not kinda boring? Each to their own I guess though.

It was mostly because they chose based solely on the final evolution's designs which I noticed a lot when it came to "which Alola starter did you choose" discussions on the internet. While it can be nice to try a different starter from time to time, unfortunately design plays way too much of a factor when it comes to picking a starter, to the point it's the biggest deciding factor.

I'm going with Popplio this time around because I really like him and Primarina. He definitely gives me Oshawott vibes. (my starter in Unova)

Looks like we both relate here. Popplio was overly hated like Oshawott was in pre-release while their final evolutions managed to redeem them, so it made sense that Popplio reminded me of Oshawott.

LordStumpy

Amatuer Stump
    Years
    Seeing as I've already played through with Rowlet, I was going to try out Litten for once, but who knows? Maybe I'll change to Popplio once the game releases. I just need a new journey.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I chose Litten in Sun, so to change things up I'm going with Rowlet this time. Might change, tho.

Years
    I played with Rowlet the first time through, but whilst its evolutionary line have quickly become some of my favourite pok?mon, I think I'll try Litten this time because I really like Incineroar too.

Hopefully US/UM are a bit more replayable than S/M so I can have a Popplio run as well.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Rowlet for sure this time. Only starter I haven't beaten Alola with.

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
    I've played through Alola with all the starters (I played Moon twice with Popplio and Litten, Sun with Rowlet) I'm likely going to buy both versions (Don't judge me :P) so I'll play with Popplio in UM, and Litten in US. I'm not a fan of rowlet personally. Don't kill me.

Back