• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is the worst Brock Replacement

Who is the worst Brock replacment

• Tracy

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Cilan

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Clemet

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UltimateFrosty08

THE DAB MAN
Years
  • Throughout Pokémon Ash Traveled with 3 Brock replacements who are

Tracy: A Pokémon Photographer (Or drawer I don't care) he was in the orange islands

Cilan: A A class Pokémon Conasewer (Part time unlicensed detective also) and a Gym Leader he was Black and White

Clemet: he's a Science nerd a Gym leader with a Robot doing his job (The robots probably doing better LOL) Thinks he's a Good cook (He probably uses Processed foods) and overall is a bad scientist since he can't make a invention that doesn't blow up LOL.

Anime Sucks

Viewers weren't supposed to relate to Cilan, he just existed to do amusing crap, which I think he did well. I'd say he's the better of the three.
    Tracey could have potentially been good but he wasn't given enough time and Brock was still in his prime, hence the backlash so not him.

My pick is Clemont, because while he started out okay in the beginning of XY, he hardly does anything now.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I picked Tracy. I think he was a bad choice to replace Brock. I would say more but sadly I've forgotten quite a lot about the anime.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Clement is my favorite replacement of Brock. I like the whole science thing, and that and Bonnie both joined Ash in Kalos. My least favorite would probably be Cilan, I just really didn't like those seasons when he was with him and Iris.

Years
  • For me, it was Tracey. He's just... so forgettable.

Cilan was close to being hated as well by me because he didn't have a personality many could relate to, like the above posters said. Oh, and he was from what many consider the worst region saga which adds more insult to injury.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Cilan is the worst for me. He is Brock's replacement, but more annoying. He analyzes battles for the audience like Brock would and cooks for the group. The only thing that really separates him from Brock is his whole connoisseur business, however; Cilan pulls it off in a way that it comes off as annoying and pretensions.

I feel like Clemont has a little more going for him, since he's a brother who is traveling with his sister. He is her guardian basically, since she is so young. And I find that Clemont tries really hard with his inventions because he wants to show that he is dependable, especially to his younger sister.

I pity Tracey because he didn't get enough development, so I can't really say he's the worst since he wasn't really given much of a chance by either the writers or the fans.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am not a big fan of Tracey, mainly because he had little to no development, but I did like how he was into drawing and wasn't a gym leader. He always got the axe going into other episodes out of the Orange Islands, except maybe after Johto and maybe Hoenn.

I would say Cilan is probably the worst. He was extremely annoying when it came to talking like he was best in a lot of things and he had to make everything into a connoisseur battle, which I just found annoying. Not to mention his hair and outfit was annoying.

Clemont, to me, was the best replacement. Although he is a gym leader, he has a great relationship with Ash. He also has a little sister, unlike the other guys. He is very protective of his sister. I just like the Older Brother/Little Sister relationship. Then again, I am a fan of everything Kalos.

Blacephalon

Will you survive?
    Years
  • To me it's probably Tracey. I personally found him very forgettable and his Pokemon didn't interest me much either. I like Clemont for his chemistry with Ash but his Luxray and Dedenne bore me to death (especially the former) and Clemont+Serena interactions are almost non-existent. I do love Chespin and Bunnelby and I'm happy that the latter got a lot more screentime recently.

Cilan was my favorite because his Pokemon had fantastic personalities imo, he was shown to be quite the strong trainer, and his chemistry with Ash and Iris is so rich and amazing because of his teamwork with Ash and the whole "opposites interact" thing with Iris. Because of that, Cilan was so memorable and quite a nice and likable character too. Oh and he has a Stunfisk which alone makes him automatically awesome to me.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I think the worst Brock replacement was Brock himself after they decided to exaggerate his womanizing antics. It just got boring after a while. I really loved Kanto!Brock, he was easily my favorite of the trio, but as the seasons went on he became worse and worse. :(

Tracey was boring and the others I haven't seen enough of.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I haven't watched the XY series so I can't really comment on Clemont. I don't like his design but wouldn't really base my opinion on that.

When Brock was replaced by Tracey initially I hated the change but Tracey grew on me after a while. I thought his goal and his hobbies were interesting. I didn't feel like he was a complete rip off of Brock with just a slight twist to keep things updated. I also found him funny in Chronicles.

Cilan was very boring from what I saw of him. I feel like he had potential but he was essentially just a bad replacement for Brock to keep things fresh. I gave up on the BW series about half way through, so maybe he got a bit better. But at the moment, I'd consider him the worst.

Years
  • Wow, no love for Cilan! I personally didn't care for him much either.

I feel like he's unloved because the BW series is the most hated saga in anime history. I also hated how badly he was written by the writers, such as ending with the smallest team of a main companion, with just one evolution, and after Stunfisk (whose capture was still early in the series) he would never catch another Pokemon for the rest of the series.

My biggest fear with XY at the moment is Serena having a very small team compared to Ash and Clemont, given the extremely slow pacing that she is getting a new Pokemon at. If she ends her series with only three Pokemon, I'd probably want to complain to the writers and call it bad treatment.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    "Worst."

None of them. Come on now. =/ All of them were good, and a nice refreshment from Brock.

I try to look at "worst" in this context, not as meaning "most bad", but meaning "least good". They're all great characters, but some just aren't as strong.

Black323

Bola de mancos
    Years
  • I've got nothing on Clemont, and Cilan is my favorite replacement to this day. My choice: Tracey. He was an uninteresting character with zero development. Also, I didn't like his team.

UltimateFrosty08

THE DAB MAN
    Years
  • I've got nothing on Clemont, and Cilan is my favorite replacement to this day. My choice: Tracey. He was an uninteresting character with zero development. Also, I didn't like his team.

Strange I hate Cilan Clemet and Tracy for reasons but mostly Cilan

Cilan: I hate everything about him

Clemet: He is a geek, and a Nerd (Wow is that even possible) He says he can make State of the art inventions the only one I saw that didnt explode was Clembot which is still dumb, and he oddly has Inventions for everything (Coincidence or is the Magic Clemot we saw in the episode with those opposites really this one).

Tracy: Oddly I only know he is a Photographer (Or drawer) and with that little knowledge I still hate him but yet he is my favorite out of the three

Years
  • My choice: Tracey. He was an uninteresting character with zero development. Also, I didn't like his team.

He may have had the worst development of any main character, but hey at least he had some cute Pokemon - Marill and Venonat.

Back