• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your cell provider?

Years
Simple question! 8)

Who provides your mobile service? Are you satisfied by the service? How good is coverage of your provider in your area, or for traveling?

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Mine it's obviously an Italian provider called TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile), my plan is for people under the age of 30 and includes: 200 minutes of talk time, unlimited talk time for calls with other TIM numbers, 1000 SMSs, 6 GBs and unlimited streaming on most music platforms (including Spotify and Apple Music), everything for 9€ a month and I'm very satisfied with it.

The coverage is good, never been without signal and for traveling the EU just abolished roaming fees, which means that when I travel to another European country I have everything which is included in my normal plan except for mobile data (only 2 gigs) and that's really cool.

DeusPro

Banned
Years
Sprint here, US provider. I have an unlimited plan, and since I'm too young to know I have no damn clue how much it costs, but the service is pretty good. There's some spotty areas, of course, but nothing that's a dealbreaker. All in all I like it since it works and I don't have to pay for it :p

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
I don't have a phone anymore, but when I had one I was on iD mobile. I can't remember how much it cost but I can remember that the price was one of the main reasons why I decided not to keep my phone, even though I couldn't find anything cheaper..

Years
I have T-mobile (USA), coverage is usually good but there are times when the data drops from LTE to 4g or worse. Other than that I find it good. The plan is unlimited talk & text, and 2GB of data a month I think.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I used to be on giffgaff's £7.50 plan during university term tine. It gives 1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 750MB data. I get wifi on campus which is why I don't need that much data.

However, after I got my new Mi 5 which doesn't support giffgaff's network band I switched to plusnet which gives about the same as before but with 5GB data.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Tigo.

A prepaid plan. I am given a phone card with an amount and I can decide how to use that amount - whether it is for minutes, internet, or calls. Sadly nothing unlimited here. :(

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I have Project Fi, which is Google's phone service. It's $30 a month for the service and 1 GB of data. Which is a low amount compared to what other companies offer for the price, but I don't use that much data per month, and I get a credit back for what I don't use, making my bill per month even cheaper.

The service is great. Unless I'm in an absolute dead zone--which has only happened twice in the year that I've had the phone--I have great reception. I don't have to worry about being unable to call no matter where I am (even internationally) or getting online for information/maps.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Verizon. I'm pretty sure I've had them for like 4 or so years. I've been pretty content with them aside from them being pretty expensive. Though I expect my bills to drop a pretty penny once I finish paying off a couple phones. They're the only ones who seem to have pretty decent coverage for when I decide to travel to the countryside.

Bay

Years
I have T-mobile (USA), coverage is usually good but there are times when the data drops from LTE to 4g or worse. Other than that I find it good. The plan is unlimited talk & text, and 2GB of data a month I think.

I too have T Mobile and a similar plan, though my data plan got updated from 2gb to 3gb which I'm not complaining lol. I think the reception and such has been pretty good the majority of the time.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Tracfone. Prepaid phone, and their phones are pretty grossly watered down, so eh. It works, and I can make okay calls, use the internet on it, and texts are decent I guess, but I'd never wanna stay with this phone permanently.

There's no unlimited texts, calling minutes or data, the all have to be bought as "add-ons", it's annoying.

Beats paying a monthly bill, but still.

Last edited:
Years
I have Project Fi, which is Google's phone service. It's $30 a month for the service and 1 GB of data. Which is a low amount compared to what other companies offer for the price, but I don't use that much data per month, and I get a credit back for what I don't use, making my bill per month even cheaper.

The service is great. Unless I'm in an absolute dead zone--which has only happened twice in the year that I've had the phone--I have great reception. I don't have to worry about being unable to call no matter where I am (even internationally) or getting online for information/maps.
Project Fi is great!

For those who don't know, Project Fi essentially works by placing you on one of three major carriers in the US based on who's got the best coverage at your given location. They're only partnered with T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular at the moment, but I hope that can extend to more networks later down the road.

The only downside is that you have to activate your SIM on one of their designated phones, or else you can't use it. However, there's a "hack" that once the SIM is activated, you can insert the SIM into any unlocked phone, or so I've heard. 8)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I have Consumer Celluar and to me it sucks. It is for older people like our parents and the only reason I have it is I'm paired with my Mom on it. I hate it because unlike my Mom I use my phone A LOT more than she does. She thinks I use my phone way too much because she uses it for calling and texting and that's it. The service is crap to me and I can't wait to switch.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
The only downside is that you have to activate your SIM on one of their designated phones, or else you can't use it.
Yeah, I had to buy a phone from Google when I signed up, but that was fine. I was planning on upgrading anyhow, since I was on Tracfone and the phone I had wasn't the best. It could go on the Internet, but it wasn't able to handle loading in the websites that I visited. So it was perfectly fine for me to buy a Google phone and get something that I actually like.

The one problem I have with my current phone--a Nexus 5--is that it takes a USB-C cord to charge. So I can't just pop into any store and pick up extra cords. I can find them, but I just have to stock up when I do see them so I have backups.

But Project Fi is great. It's cheap (the rebate is nice every month for the data I don't use!) and the coverage is amazing. Like I said, I only lost coverage twice in the year that I've had the phone, and one of those times was in the deepest parts of Vermont's woods.

Years
Giffgaff's £10 Goodybag. 2GB data, unlimited texts and 500 minutes or something. It's okay, decent internet speeds, and pretty good value for the price (compared to my previous plan with EE)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I've dealt with two companies, Bell and Rogers. The former has really great customer service while charging too much for too little, while the latter has horrible customer service but they offer great prices. I eventually gave up on dealing with either however, and since 2013 I have had no cell phone whatsoever. All my communications are done via internet or post now. :O

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Verizon. We actually have had good service with them, despite the fact that people have complained about them. It's also the only service that works in our area where we live. We had T-Mobile before this, and they didn't work out here. So, we've been with Verizon since then.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm on Tesco Mobile. Not really a bad thing to say about them, prices seem decently fair and haven't had any issues with connection or signal since I got the phone. Feels a lot more reliable than my last one.

Back