• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is PC special to you?

Years
  • PC is special because of the people I've met here that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to. It's not just provided me with an escape from "real life" that I've been extremely grateful for, it's allowed me to connect to amazing people from all over the world and form important and lasting friendships with them.

There's also an inclusive and open atmosphere on PC that the rest of the world, internet or otherwise, is severely lacking in that I really love. We really are a community even though most of us will never meet face-to-face.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It's kinda corny but it really is the community that makes this place special to me personally. PC is full of community spirit no matter where you go. People who are so dedicated to making this forum a fun place, helping others and just having a good time. Take a look at PC's Discord for example which easily shows how connected we are as a community. I also adore all the little sub-communities we have here and the fact that people can just go off and do whatever they want. PC is massive and somehow really comfortable and homely at the same time which is just great. 8)
    Really I think this is the best summary anyone could give. It really is the Pokémon Community and I've never visited a forum which had quite the same feel to it as PC. Everyone on the forum works together to make it the best place possible and once you've been here for even a few weeks it'll always feel like home whether you're getting involved with some of the close knit sub-groups or even spreading yourself out all over the place. The forum will always have a place in my heart for the friendships I've made here and I've met some of the most important people of my life here, including best friends and even my boyfriend whom I've now been with for almost 4 years. PC has always been a big part of my life even when I've not been active and I can't imagine there'll ever be a time where I don't remember it fondly.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Special because whenever life turns to shit. I come to this place as a safe haven. No other pokemon sites where I can be myself, and get along with so much people. really easy to find people to trade pokemonz with and help complete your pokedex. I also really like vb forums, and most websites moved on from it. ahhh i'm just an old fag that doesn't like much changes i guess.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • PC is special because of the people I've met here that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to. It's not just provided me with an escape from "real life" that I've been extremely grateful for, it's allowed me to connect to amazing people from all over the world and form important and lasting friendships with them.

shay-mitchell-kiss.gif

we will meet one day, linkin park concert, that's a promise

as for me, this place is special right now because of a few people i talk to
    but main reason
    and i do not care if i sound annoying or stupid
    but it's because of him^ he makes it worth it and special / when he is not annoying lol
    you knew i was gonna quote you ^_^
    at least i got guts to show true feels and not general feels

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Because yes.

I met some cool people in these almost 10 years I've been here, so yup. That's basically it. I just get drawn back to this place all the time when browsing the webs. Feels kind of like an internet home really.

Sirfetch’d

PC is the first community that I have even been a part of where I feel like I am not just a member. This almost feels like one huge family in a way. I've connected with so many people here over the 4 years I have been around. PC is the first tab I open each day and the last one I close at night. It's literally my home on the internet. I may leave this place one day but I will never forget the memories I have made here and the friends I have connected with. This place means SO much to me that I can't even describe it really.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    PC is special to me because it helped me recover from the toughest period of my life. I rejoined PC as Rainbow Arcanine after leaving for a few months in August 2012. At the time, I was suffering from an eating disorder which meant that I couldn't swallow most food, bar certain liquids and maybe the odd porridge if I was lucky. I went through the cycle of sadness, despair, anger and wondering 'why me?' but I realised that my anger wasn't productive and so I came back to PC hoping that I'd take my mind off being ill. PC helped take my mind off the fact that I thought I was some freak of nature or that I spent most of my day dreading lunch and dinner because it'd mean a lot of crying to get out of it. It helped me forget that I was losing weight or that I was most likely the only 10 year old in my school who had such a problem. PC really did help me feel better because I could just focus on discussing how much I hated Cynthia's Garchomp rather than my body. To this day, I still think PC has saved my life or at least my happiness - I could have easily derailed and gone on to be a person who'd spent the rest of their days hating their life. I'm glad I didn't.

PC is where I've made my best friends and a lot of memories. From when I used to go on the battle server to GT events or hanging out on plug.dj, it's been a website I've checked everyday since I came back as Rainbow Arcanine. I'm not very active on here anymore but I can't say how much I appreciate PC as a website. From allowing Mr. Kangaroo to exist or the people who have helped me when things weren't so great, I've gone from wishing I never existed to someone who loves their life because of my decision to rejoin this forum. I've become infinitely more happy and optimistic because of what PC has done for me and I think that's incredible. So thanks PC!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Like everyone else who has posted in this thread, PC is an actual community, and the first one that I really felt like I've belonged to. Knowing that there's this wide group of people that I can claim are my actual friends has definitely changed my life. I'm far more confident as the person PC helped me discover that I was, as the person that the community of PC accepted me as.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    You're welcome! I've actually been struggling with a bit of a relapse due to my own hypochondria but seeing this has made me feel miles better. I'm positive I'll be fine and I'm happy to know that I still have PC to go to, even now. :)

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    been here for so long, met so many great people here. its hard not to keep coming back. ive had years where my activity stopped completely but my friends drive me back eventually. and im making more, which is great.

Years
  • Back in the day, PC meant quite a bit to me. I was often an easily misunderstood individual when growing up which made it difficult to form bonds with other members of society. PC was a place where I was able to make some friends, many of which I had the pleasure of meeting face to face with. I was also able to pursue my Pokemon interests on the forums, through battling with other members to discussing the Pokemon TCG when I used to play.

Nowadays, PC isn't so special to me - I shut myself from the world for a couple of years to focus and better myself but I decided to return for the time being to get some more social interaction back into my life.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • I think that, PC is place where I changed myself, lot.

Being honest, when I was joining PC I was still like an eight year old kid who did not know anything. Then, I actually did not aware about the things I said might hurt someone, but some of the PC members gave me advice to improve or change my behavior and it did help a lot.

Besides, it also a good place to learn English and I think this might probably a good place to hang out for getting know more people and exposed to the variety of cultures of different people in the world.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I haven't been here as long as many people but PC is just a great place to be, this is the first forum I have ever actually been a active member on and it's such a good community. I love the Get Together events and the discord server that really brings the community together and this forum allows everyone to share their experiences with Pokemon and life without being judged.

I guess that's another reason why I love this site, for ages Pokemon has been seen as something childish and laughable among my friends so I haven't been able to discuss it, but here everyone is able to do that with freedom and enthusiasm knowing that this community shares a love for the franchise.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    shit i came her to make jokes but there was a serious tag on the thread

PC let me talk about my interest when I had no people around me IRL to do that with. It was an outlet I badly needed as a teenager. Still is, in some ways.

It's also the place where I started writing fiction in English and gained a much better grasp of this language than I previously had. I still can't really match any natively English speaking authors, and probably never will, but I feel much more confident in my writing these days. Even in my own language, since some skills can cross over and are lanugage-independent.

And, lastly but definitely the opposite of least, here is where I found my amazing boyfriend. At last (:

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I wouldn't say it's special to me it's just comfortable. I've been on this site six or seven years. I just know the sections so well, I have an idea when it comes to the members (although so much less so these days), and I still like talking about Pokemon.

Years
  • As someone with autism, I usually struggle with making friends and I often feel uncomfortable in the outside world. PC has helped me overcome my barriers by helping me show my love for Pokemon and getting to meet people who love Pokemon like I do.

Also, while I have had my fair share of forums, PC is the one I've been on the longest as far as a consistently active basis is concerned. And it keeps advancing to a point PC feels different from other Pokemon communities.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • PC has lots of nice people, and is a community revolving around my number one interest. It's really fun here most of the time, especially when there are events going on. Plus, PC is MUCH more active than other forums.

Years
  • pc has a nice community especially in trade corner. there's hardly any scammers and mods are pretty cool too. being part of this forum has expanded my pokemon collection. i wouldn't have been able to do it without this forum. also none of my friends really like pokemon so it's nice to get to know other pokenerds.

also ppl aren't very judgemental here. everyone seems pretty open about themselves including their problems. i wouldn't normally be open talking to random strangers irl about my life

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Why? The reason is because it's helped me become the person I am today. It helped me learn the hard way that I can't trust everyone I meet basically. If it wasn't for me coming to PC, I might have never learned the things I know to this day. I came back to it after going on and off the past 12+ years because of the reasons above. I wasn't even going to return until I realized just how special it was. PC has helped me learn things about myself, and it's helped me mature as well.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • While I'm not too connected to PC, it is still pretty important to me.

Coming from another forum and from here find others and reaching out to more forums to become more omnipresent... I found that this one was the most welcoming. I already knew handfuls of people here, and I met some that I would already consider amazing friends and that I wished I had met sooner. PC's pretty great and I look forward to spending a long time on it, now that I'm back up to par with activity. -^ ^- I've already been taught some valuable stuff by the people here and I've only been back... what, a month? Either way this place is absolutely amazing and I never will regret coming back from the time I originally made my account, ever.

Back