• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will you be watching the inauguration tomorrow?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Will you tune in to see how Trump begins his administration tomorrow? What do you expect from his speech, which is rumored to be self-written? Uniting the country? Tough on enemies?

Some/many of you may be too young to have voted, some may not even care, but kind of curious whether people will tune in to see how the next four years begins.

Last edited:

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 8, 2017
    I've never been one for speeches, especially from politicians. It's all fluff and propaganda. I'll read the highlights of what he says, see if any new promises are made or old ones are broken, then wait to see actual results.

Though it'll probably be on the kitchen TV so I might catch glimpses of it. I'm curious to see if any fuss will be kicked up by protesters or (god forbid) terrorists/attempted assassins.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I might watch some of it. I've never really watched an inaugural address before so might as well.

I might have watched a little bit of Obama's in '08 but idr

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I'll be in work, but I'm sure I'll hear about it from my friend, who is a big Trump supporter. As soon as it's available, though, I'll read Trump's inauguration speech, since I like reading those.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Of course. It's a big event. Hopefully the theme will be bringing the American people together after the division the election caused.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Even though I don't support him, I do want to watch it. However, I will be working. I will probably watch some clips online when my shift is over, though.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • If I do watch it, it will be to watch my university's amazing marching band perform during the inauguration. As for the rest of it? Nope. I see more than enough of Trump's face on TV already.

Sirfetch’d

Even though I am not a Trump supporter, I will probably watch. I know if I don't watch I will frantically be checking twitter for updates so I may as well. Sad day for America

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 8, 2017
    I'm just curious as to whether anyone will actually know who 3 doors down are

That brings back memories. Anyone who enjoyed music from the early 2000s will at least remember who they are, probably. I didn't even realize they were still around though.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Any American who at all cares about the future of their country should be watching this. The "not my president!!!!!!" nonsense is a) objectively wrong and b) the opposite of helpful. If you have an issue with something, the first thing you should do is learn about it and what it means (i.e. listen to Trump and his plans) and then, if you still have the issue, you're in a better and more informed place to do something about it. Don't bury your heads in the sand because you're unhappy with the result. If you have an issue with Trump, it's your responsibility to follow his presidency closely, imo to an even greater extent than his own supporters.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Any American who at all cares about the future of their country should be watching this. The "not my president!!!!!!" nonsense is a) objectively wrong and b) the opposite of helpful. If you have an issue with something, the first thing you should do is learn about it and what it means (i.e. listen to Trump and his plans) and then, if you still have the issue, you're in a better and more informed place to do something about it. Don't bury your heads in the sand because you're unhappy with the result. If you have an issue with Trump, it's your responsibility to follow his presidency closely, imo to an even greater extent than his own supporters.
    stop making so much sense and get back to fucking around with pc imo

blue

gucci
    Years
  • it's being livestreamed on some news channels over here but idk if i'll watch it live. i'll probably catch it later online or something.

Back