• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Workout Music

Years
    When you workout or exercise, or if you don't but were going to, what music do you or would you play? Do you have a workout playlist? Do you think it helps to play music?

Asking here and not in the entertainment forum because it's about fitness and such.

For me, I don't exercise regularly enough, but when I do I like having upbeat though not necessarily fast-paced music. One that works for me is Ellie Goulding's song Burn.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I would totally be down if this thread turns into a workout playlist thread :D

This song is a classic for me. Brings me memories of high school when we'd make deep runs in the playoffs every year for soccer. I'd always listen to this song when I'd be warming up before each game.

Warning for younger listeners as there's suggestive language.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    I usually prefer to make my exercises in the total silence because I need a full concentration on what I do :) But sometimes I turn on music, smth fast and energetic which helps me with the motivation. Also for my yoga practise I use the special types of music, you know that kind of instrumanetals for relaxing and concentration :)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I usually slap on some Demon Hunter, Alterbridge, Metallica, Slayer, As I Lay Dying, Breaking Benjamin, and Pantera on my Mp3 player and start ripping and slaying with them. I found these kinds of music to be highly effective in keeping me fired up and ready to go.

Recently, Demon Hunter is something I've been listening to in everything really, but as workout music, it really makes a whole lots of sense for me. Christian Metal music really hits the spot, especially when I'm giving efforts in improving my bench presses.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Its become a strong routine of mine to immediately listen to a single album by a single artist when I'm at the gym. I listen to different types of songs when I lift compared to when I run, though. When I run, I need super face paced songs.

My favorite song to run to is Girls Aloud - Something New.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHSFTrcJYmM

I also like listening to K-Pop when I run. 2NE1 and 4minute.

Crazy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nCLBTmjJBY

I Am the Best
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_lSP8Vc3o

MTBD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8LnzDTaCDk

Anything by Ellie Goulding is a big go-to as well. Also Sia - Bang My Head. The one without Fetty Wap.

But when I lift (which is what I mainly do when I'm at the gym), I listen to an artist named Zack Hemsey. He's a rapper. These are my favorite songs to listen to:

Don't Get In My Way
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAp6M8Ln4Ug

Slave
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfG5AFR1Dn4

Nice to Meet Me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7m_qmr7KYA

Greeting the Menace
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQN02rBSewc

I also like listening to Sleigh Bells.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I don't have a workout playlist cause the most working out I do is walking every few days, but when I do go for a walk or run, I like listening to music that's energizing and exciting. Anything slow or not fast paced enough gets skipped.There's one song particularly though that I love to listen to while running.

Like lyrically it's kind of sad af, but the beat pumps me up so much. The buildup before the "la la" part and drum breakdown motivate the hell out of me.
    If I ever get serious about working out though ,I'll probably make a playlist eventually.

Years
    I've juggled around different genres of music when I work out and what works best for me is something calm that allows me to focus on the lift. Anything else wrecks my concentration. Sometimes I get distracted by words or the excitement of the music in the middle of the lift and at that moment I don't even know whether I'm thinking about the music or thinking about the lift anymore.

Something like this:

Especially since Rihanna's enunciation is so unclear.

Sayoko

small evening child
    Years
    I was wondering, for those of you who listen to music while running, do you find that you need to listen to music that matches your pace of steps? Or rather, do you find yourself matching your pace to the song you're listening to? For this reason I've thus far not really listened to music when running, since I'm just starting out and still trying to build up my stamina and find my own pace, and I worry I'll mess it up otherwise. I do have some (fast-paced) songs that get me really fired up whenever I listen to them, though.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Spoiler:

most of the music I listen to could be constituted as workout music so that is just the tip of the iceberg

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I remember reading from Bill Philip's Body for Life book that one of the most recommended music to play while working out or jogging the crap out of yourself is some slow to fast music, like Alternative Rock or something like Metallica (which depends on what Album. I used Saint Anger). Given that the way i do my routines is by pacing, like going slow, then going really fast, then going slow again, then cranking up the paintrain was something that worked during my ultraobese years.

This one makes me feel the anger, rage, and hate towards my little fats that need to go away, while ripping and tearing with those lifts. SAINT ANGER AROUND MY NECK!

Years
    Because I do plenty of muscle endurance training I tend to go for almost any genre of song as long as it's 32-Count, that way I can focus on intervals where I slow, stagger or speed up my movements to the beats and phrases of the music.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Metal/Hard Rock music like Slayer, Slipknot, Alice In Chains, Pantera, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, etc and Rap music like Eminem, Ace Hood, Montana of 300, myself (Sickarius), DMX, etc. Music to get me pumped.

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
    I've had an evolving cardio playlist for a few years now and it's all about good electronic music. A great deal of the songs are dance remixes of pop music. There's some Goldfrapp in there, some Madonna, some Pat Lok, Skylar Spence.

SoundCloud is an excellent place to find mixtapes of great amateur DJs.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I HATE working out, but I kinda need too *looking at you, cellulite all over my hips, who are jiggling a lot*

I started *over and over* this week. I did a playlist, who has mostly of...

Crystal Castle
    Mr. Kitty
    Mindless Self Indulgence
    The Brig
    Dustforce OST
    Dillon Francis
    Dir en Grey

And I can't forget these ones

I know my workout playlist is a bit.. strange.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    yeah man, I gotta playlist for that kinda stuff. anything that's more loud and energetic I guess, at the drive in and incubus are cool examples. but definitely not the usual electronic indie-trash I'm usually repping

Back