• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you ever want to be a mod?

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I ain't got time for that
    Either way I don't think I would tbh, it seems like a lot of responsibility and I don't know how good of a mod I would be.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Not really. I mean, back during my n00b days I wanted it more than anything. However, I don't think I'm really as committed to PC as I should be. Being a mod would be really hard work for me because I'm just not that good. I'd much rather not be one.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I used to be a mod, technically twice, although my second run was pretty pathetic. Before I got promoted, I really wanted to become a moderator. Not really cause I had any great ideas, but because I genuinely loved what was then Other Voting Polls, which transformed into Other Chat, Chit Chat Cafe, and there was probably something else before the most recent incarnation as The Treehouse. It was fun, and it was a time when I spent a lot of time on PC. Did I ever want to be a member of hstaff? I did, actually, during my first run. I want to think that if I had been able to stay committed, I could have been part of a valuable asset. Also figured it would help me in my Bachelors Degree in Web Programming and Design, but that's another story.

Would I take the job again if offered? No, for two main reasons. First, after my second, really bad run as a mod, I realized I had to make sacrifices in my life, because there was simply to much on my plate. Granted, I really didn't do anything about it until I got fired (I should have retired, but part of me clung onto hope that I'd be able to return with a vengeance). The second reason is that I don't like what The Treehouse has become. It's changed too much, to the point where I don't know what the section is dedicated to anymore. This is my scope of things around the time I left staff, for the record. If things have improved in the time since, I haven't been around to observe it.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    The second reason is that I don't like what The Treehouse has become. It's changed too much, to the point where I don't know what the section is dedicated to anymore. This is my scope of things around the time I left staff, for the record. If things have improved in the time since, I haven't been around to observe it.

thank GOD this won't be an issue for much longer.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Waaay back in the day when I was super active, I really, really wanted to mod Mixed Community Groups, but 'ole Marzy got that one. After that, my interest in modding declined and now the MCG forum doesn't even exist anymore haha!

I don't know why I wanted it back in the day, I'm happy just being a member now and wouldn't want to mod. The forum is in some very capable hands.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    When I first joined, I definitely did want to be a moderator. Part of it was the fact that I figured PC was the best Pokemon forum out of all the ones I was on for chances of being modded. Another part of it was because I really did care for Pokemon Fanfiction (as the section was called at the time). While I was still shocked that I was modded in that section, it wasn't a complete surprise because I was really the only one in that section that put any effort in.

As for becoming a super moderator, I really didn't try. I came back to PC after a demoted leave of absence with a renewed sense of love for this forum. All that I did was just offer my services adn abilities to PC. I helped with social media. I posted around. I offered my opinions on matters. And it was enough to reward me with this orange name.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think it would be cool to be one. I've never really given it much thought, I just like to post wherever I feel like it but it would be cool to be one someday maybe.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    sure, why not. only in sections I like, though. otherwise it won't be fun. and no fun = a total nope.

Mettaton

Drama! Action! Romance!
    Years
    ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Not really, I'm too busy with college to bother modding this forums. If I weren't a student, then I wouldn't want to do it because I have plenty of other interests.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    No, thanks. The last time I was a moderator (a decade ago?) I proved myself too immature to handle it. While one could state that we grow up in ten years, recent events at work and the way I've acted about them... I haven't grown up. So keep me away from any position of management! lol I'm too prone to drama.

Years
    Looking back on this, being a mod would be a 50-50 choice. I would love to be on staff but at the same time I feel like I don't have the capability to mod well, along with most of the current staff already doing so well to the point that new recruits likely won't happen for a long time.

I would accept a position if it's a section that I know my way around, but I still fear that I won't live up to expectations. I could be a good mod but I feel like I don't see it happening.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Long answer: No.

Short answer: No.

Summary: No.

I don't like being in a position of power. I'd rather contribute at the sides.

Reactions: Sun
    Back