• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

would you marry someone who already has kids

Sirfetch’d

this is a lot for some people to take in so just curious

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • No. God no.

Honestly, it scares me when current GF talks about having kids when we've only been seeing eachother for a month. I really can't see myself being a dad. Certainly not a good one, anyway :/

blue

gucci
    Years
  • unless i was totally besotted by the person then i doubt i would. i don't even want kids myself just yet, i need to meet someone first.

pkmin3033

I doubt I'd even enter a relationship with someone who had kids, never mind getting married. Having children is not something I ever seriously imagined myself doing and, if I were to do that, it would be something I would want to have a say in with my partner, not be something I would have to adjust to from the get-go.

Years
  • Do we have the same parenting policies? Who gets primary custody of the children? I would try not to be shallow enough to pass up meeting a great person because life didn't go ideally for them.
    But, if we had different disciplinary ideas and what children were allowed to have it would be a different story.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I think yes?

Because I kinda want a family later.... But I don't want to have kids??
    If I could get an operation to not have kids, never, I would. I am terrified of pregnant woman (it's true. My legs becomes week when I see someone pregnant. Just thinking about it and I stick my belly inside and feel just weird in my body)

Anyway. I kinda want a family, maybe, but I don't see myself having one. So why not having one who's already in this world?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • No, I don't even want kids of my own, much less someone else's. I'm just not that great with kids anyway.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    Highly unlikely. It depends on the circumstances, how the kids behave, if the mother in question is someone I really like that much, ect...

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    i'm more open to this idea than having my own children tbh

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I am never getting married, and I am never NEVER EVER having kids, as I hate them and everything to do with them.
    So no.

Years
  • Like, if they weren't babies, or toddlers, or preschoolers, or gradeschoolers, or preteens, or tweens. Basically they'd have to be at least teenagers and more or less independent. I don't like kids and don't want to raise any.

Bay

Years
  • Since I have a condition where I'm unlikely able to have children, I might be open to this. However, I don't know how I can handle if my significant other's kid is in their teens unless I myself is much older.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • i'd much much much rather have my own kids

but, if circumstances meant that hadn't happened and wasn't going to happen, then yeah definitely. that'd be at least preferable for me over someone who didn't have kids, but as i say, i'd much rather my own kids

...not that i'd tell my hypothetical stepchildren that

Back