• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • I can confirm this, it did evolve into Sylveon. When it says Sylveon is fully trained Pokémon in Super Training, doesn't that mean its EV's are fully maxxed, and it is safe to level it up normally (without stuffing stats up because of what you gain from battles)?
    If the Pokemon shows up on the Super Training window with a full bar, then yes it's fine to use it in battles without earning any more EV points.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Having not played any Pokemon game since Saphire I am out of the loop on lots of things. I just noticed the list for unobtainable Pokemon in X and Y, and was mainly wondering if it is recommended that I pick up the last few games? If so, which ones do you recommend I purchase?

If you get a copy of HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black 2 or White 2 you should be good to go. Otherwise, you can try to get unobtainables through trading. If you only want to buy one game, get Black 2/White 2 as they have most of the unavailable Pokémon (excluding legendaries and starters). HGSS and BW2 are fantastic games, as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I just got a Deerling in trade today and was wondering how to get the other forms. I read that in the previous game it changed with the seasons but X and Y doesn't note what season it is like the other game did, so will it change it's forms in actual seasons (depending on your 3DS calendar) or do you have to get all 4 forms of Deerling from previous games and trade each one over, like East Sea/West Sea Shellos?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I just got a Deerling in trade today and was wondering how to get the other forms. I read that in the previous game it changed with the seasons but X and Y doesn't note what season it is like the other game did, so will it change it's forms in actual seasons (depending on your 3DS calendar) or do you have to get all 4 forms of Deerling from previous games and trade each one over, like East Sea/West Sea Shellos?
    From what I read, you need to transfer to acquire the forms (they don't change upon transfer), the seasons don't effectively "change." Also, the forms should pass down through breeding of the mother/father+Ditto.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2018
    Breeding Help!

Okay, so I'm making my attempts at a Masuda Method shiny Eevee and am having no luck whatsoever. I'm at 50+ eggs and I know you just have to be patient, but my question is: Does the mother specifically have to be foreign? Or does it really matter which parent is?

i.e.: Japanese Vaporeon Father x Canadian Eevee Mother / Canadian Vaporeon Father x Japanese Eevee Mother.

And also, could you tell me if I'm doing anything wrong? Thanks! It's appreciated. =)

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you get a copy of HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black 2 or White 2 you should be good to go. Otherwise, you can try to get unobtainables through trading. If you only want to buy one game, get Black 2/White 2 as they have most of the unavailable Pokémon (excluding legendaries and starters). HGSS and BW2 are fantastic games, as well.

To add on to this (to the person this was replying to), the only thing one misses out on by not having any of the Sinnoh games is the creation trio (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina). Although you could probably get those from trading here, but yeah getting those two games would make for helpful additions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    From what I read, you need to transfer to acquire the forms (they don't change upon transfer), the seasons don't effectively "change." Also, the forms should pass down through breeding of the mother/father+Ditto.

Do you happen to know if for sure the forms stay the same from parent to child, or will everything born in Kalos be Spring? And if I were to borrow someone's Black 2 or White 2 and change the Calendar a month at a time in the 3DS does that actually change the seasons in game? (So I could potentially get all 4 forms just by changing the calendar)

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    It doesn't matter which parent is foreign. Just keep hatching eggs. Fifty eggs is nothing -- it can take a few thousand.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • It took my brother like, ten full boxes of Feebas eggs til he got a shiny. D: I hope it won't take that long for you though! Shiny Eevees are cute <3

I'm just gunna throw this out there just because but you should get yourself a foreign Ditto. That way you can use it for every shiny you want to find!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2018
    It took my brother like, ten full boxes of Feebas eggs til he got a shiny. D: I hope it won't take that long for you though! Shiny Eevees are cute <3

I'm just gunna throw this out there just because but you should get yourself a foreign Ditto. That way you can use it for every shiny you want to find!

That's actually not a bad idea, thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Can anyone explain basculine's abilities? I have read this page:
    https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/550.shtml
    and this page:
    https://www.serebii.net/games/forms.shtml

and I just cannot wrap my head around what they're trying to say about the abilities and trading and such. Can someone explain it to me please? In X and Y can the Red and Blue striped forms have Reckless or Rock head, or what? (Serebii lists the Black/White/black2/white2 specifics, but doesn't explain how it works in X and Y so none of what either page is making any sense to me. (Obviously Adatability is an ability either could have, and Mold Breaker is their hidden ability, but I'm not understanding how Reckless and Rock Head work between the forms. Thanks to anyone who can explain it unbleivably clearly, as Serebii kind of dropped the ball on this one)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Can anyone explain basculine's abilities? I have read this page:
    and this page:

and I just cannot wrap my head around what they're trying to say about the abilities and trading and such. Can someone explain it to me please? In X and Y can the Red and Blue striped forms have Reckless or Rock head, or what? (Serebii lists the Black/White/black2/white2 specifics, but doesn't explain how it works in X and Y so none of what either page is making any sense to me. (Obviously Adatability is an ability either could have, and Mold Breaker is their hidden ability, but I'm not understanding how Reckless and Rock Head work between the forms. Thanks to anyone who can explain it unbleivably clearly, as Serebii kind of dropped the ball on this one)

In Black/White, both red and blue Basculin have Adaptability and Reckless as their abilities (the in-game trade blue Basculin has Rock Head instead). In Black 2/White 2 onward, this is changed. Red Basculin has Reckless as its secondary ability, while Blue Basculin has Rock Head as its secondary ability. Tl;dr:

Pre-B2/W2:
    -Red Basculin: Adaptability/Reckless
    -Blue Basculin: Adaptability/Reckless

B2/W2 onward:
    -Red Basculin: Adaptability/Reckless
    -Blue Basculin: Adaptability/Rock Head

Years
  • Can anyone explain basculine's abilities? I have read this page:
    and this page:

I believe X/Y retains the same abilities the two different Basculin have in B2/W2, which means the red ones have Reckless and the blue ones have Rock Head, as well as having Adaptability as second ability and Mold Breaker for hidden ability. Blue Basculin had Reckless instead of Rock Head in B/W only.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    OH okay, I think I get it now, So if I am clear, as of now:
    Red basculin can have Adaptability or Reckless as their normal ability and Mold Breaker as their Hidden Ability
    whereas
    Blue Basculin can have Adaptability or Rock Head as their normal ability and Mold Breaker as their hidden ability
    And no mixing between the two colours, correct?

Years
  • OH okay, I think I get it now, So if I am clear, as of now:
    Red basculin can have Adaptability or Reckless as their normal ability and Mold Breaker as their Hidden Ability
    whereas
    Blue Basculin can have Adaptability or Rock Head as their normal ability and Mold Breaker as their hidden ability
    And no mixing between the two colours, correct?

That is absolutely correct.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So obviously the Pokebank exclusive pokemon need to be traded over from older games, and ofcourse to get their hidden abilities they need to come from the same place or be bred from them, however, what about the pokemon in X and Y?

Are all the pokemon available in X and Y able to obtain their hidden abilities (either via Friend Safari or horde battles) or are there still a number of pokemon that, even though they are obtainable in X and Y, still need to be traded/bred from previous games in order to get their hidden ability? (not counting legendaries which obviously need a previous game transfer)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So obviously the Pokebank exclusive pokemon need to be traded over from older games, and ofcourse to get their hidden abilities they need to come from the same place or be bred from them, however, what about the pokemon in X and Y?

Are all the pokemon available in X and Y able to obtain their hidden abilities (either via Friend Safari or horde battles) or are there still a number of pokemon that, even though they are obtainable in X and Y, still need to be traded/bred from previous games in order to get their hidden ability? (not counting legendaries which obviously need a previous game transfer)

There's probably still some Pokemon that must be transferred from Gen 5 in order to have their hidden abilities; not all pre-Gen 6 pokes can be found in hordes or the Friend Safari.

Mr.Fish

Splashing About
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2021
    Need replacement for Breloom

I want to get ready for the april friendly competetion, however you can only use pokemon in the kalos pokedex.
    So I need help finding a pokemon to replace my Breloom with. Any Ideas?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back