• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is there some secret or trick to leech life or something? It is so ridiculously low powered that there's no point to it, or at least there doesn't seem to. At least Absorb gets higher powered versions in mega drain and giga drain, but there's never been a powered up version of the bug move amd it is so underpowered that I'm convinced there's some kind of trick or secret to the move to justify it's existence.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Is there some secret or trick to leech life or something? It is so ridiculously low powered that there's no point to it, or at least there doesn't seem to. At least Absorb gets higher powered versions in mega drain and giga drain, but there's never been a powered up version of the bug move amd it is so underpowered that I'm convinced there's some kind of trick or secret to the move to justify it's existence.

Not really. It's just one of those early game moves that can be useful at the beginning of the game, but doesn't have much use in the long-term.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    The Glittering Cave Help

Hi,

I am currently having a problem finding anything in the Glittering Cave, other than wild Pokémon, Hard Stones, Revives, and Old Amber. Despite resetting my console, and leaving and re-entering the cave, and searching for at least an hour, I haven't found anything new.

Any advice on how to obtain new fossils would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi, I'm currently having a problem finding anything in the Glittering Cave, other than Hard Stones, Revives, and Old Amber. Despite resetting my console, and entering and leaving the cave, and searching for at least an hour, I haven't found anything new.

I am currently at the Cyllage city stage and am wondering whether new fossils are something that arrives later in the game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, that's all you can find until the postgame. After beating the Elite Four you'll then be able to obtain other old generation fossils. The Dome and Helix Fossils are exclusive to Y, the Root and Claw Fossils are exclusive to X, and the others (Skull, Armor, Plume and Cover Fossils) are available in both versions.

Years
  • I added a Japanese guy to my friends list in Alpha Sapphire a while ago. I removed him from my 3DS friends list soon after, but he continues to appear in that game.

Googling this finds only one result, with a guy who had done the same, then played Y and he still reappeared. I bought X today, but I haven't played it yet, and now I'm worried.

How do I get rid of this guy for good?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I added a Japanese guy to my friends list in Alpha Sapphire a while ago. I removed him from my 3DS friends list soon after, but he continues to appear in that game.

Googling this finds only one result, with a guy who had done the same, then played Y and he still reappeared. I bought X today, but I haven't played it yet, and now I'm worried.

How do I get rid of this guy for good?

By "he continues to appear in that game," do you mean that you can still see him online? If he's still in your friend list but is no longer online, then you've already removed him and you won't see him online again (but there's a slight chance that you'll see him or he'll see you in the Passerby list).

But if you really want to remove him from your game's friend list, then you can put your physical game to another 3DS, play on it and save, and switch it back to your 3DS.

Years
  • By "he continues to appear in that game," do you mean that you can still see him online? If he's still in your friend list but is no longer online, then you've already removed him and you won't see him online again (but there's a slight chance that you'll see him or he'll see you in the Passerby list).

But if you really want to remove him from your game's friend list, then you can put your physical game to another 3DS, play on it and save, and switch it back to your 3DS.

Makes sense so far, thanks.

So what should happen is this, correct?

1. Insert game into other 3DS (which I've lost so substitute friend's 3DS). Allow to take on other system's friends, then save.

2. Put back in my 3DS, and it should update properly.

Correct?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    1. Insert game into other 3DS (which I've lost so substitute friend's 3DS). Allow to take on other system's friends, then save.

If you put your game to your friend's 3DS, just don't go online. Start the game like normal. If you go to the PSS, you should see a message that you've switched consoles or whatever. Your game's friend list will be blank. Save. Then insert your game back to your 3DS. You should once again see that message again. Go online and your friends whom you registered in your 3DS will start appearing (if they're online and playing the main 6th gen. PKMN game).

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Online battling is really irritating, it's even irritating when people say "check your stats by going onto battle spot because your pokemon get levelled to level 50 and you can check their stats" but my pokemon do not get levelled up! What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm trying some online battling (my current pokemon are at level 30+) and when I go onto online battle, everyone else is at level 50 but I'm still stuck at level 30 and there seems to be absolutely no option, button, selection screen anything to choose to level my pokemon to level 50, they're all stuck at whatever level they're at so can someone PLEASE tell me EXACTLY how to get my pokemon to level up during online play? Everyone keeps talking like it just automatically happens but it doesn't! And don't just say "Go to battle spot" tell me EXACTLY what to select, where, how, when, why, etc starting from that litte grey file button in the top center of the PSS screen. Thanks!

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Online battling is really irritating, it's even irritating when people say "check your stats by going onto battle spot because your pokemon get levelled to level 50 and you can check their stats" but my pokemon do not get levelled up! What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm trying some online battling (my current pokemon are at level 30+) and when I go onto online battle, everyone else is at level 50 but I'm still stuck at level 30 and there seems to be absolutely no option, button, selection screen anything to choose to level my pokemon to level 50, they're all stuck at whatever level they're at so can someone PLEASE tell me EXACTLY how to get my pokemon to level up during online play? Everyone keeps talking like it just automatically happens but it doesn't! And don't just say "Go to battle spot" tell me EXACTLY what to select, where, how, when, why, etc starting from that litte grey file button in the top center of the PSS screen. Thanks!

Battle Spot only adjust 'mons levels to 50 if their levels are above 50. If your 'mons are below level 50, then they'll retain their current level. I believe that it's only the Battle Institution that will temporarily level your low-level 'mons to 50 in X and Y.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Battle Spot only adjust 'mons levels to 50 if their levels are above 50. If your 'mons are below level 50, then they'll retain their current level. I believe that it's only the Battle Institution that will temporarily level your low-level 'mons to 50 in X and Y.

Nuts! guess I have to wait a while before I can battle online. :'(

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    A question about pokebank

So can I EV train and make a really cool team in my completed Y version and leave them all below level 15. Then upload these to the PokeBank, restart Y, then download them back and play through the game with this premade team?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So can I EV train and make a really cool team in my completed Y version and leave them all below level 15. Then upload these to the PokeBank, restart Y, then download them back and play through the game with this premade team?

Yes you can, however you won't be able to use them right at first because once you get over level 10, they start randomly disobeying you until you get the first badge (and then every 10 levels after that until you get the appropriate badge) but as long as you keep getting badges before your team gets levelled too high, you'll be fine

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Just letting you know that I merged your thread with our Q&A thread

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is using Hone Claws worthwhile on a pokemon using Iron Tail? Since it raises Att and Accuracy by 50% (1 level) am I safe in assuming that Iron Tail that normally has 75% accuracy that it will get over 100% accuracy after 1 use?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is using Hone Claws worthwhile on a pokemon using Iron Tail? Since it raises Att and Accuracy by 50% (1 level) am I safe in assuming that Iron Tail that normally has 75% accuracy that it will get over 100% accuracy after 1 use?
    Depends on the Pokemon, but yes, that's not a bad idea since 75% accuracy in Pokemon is more 40% accuracy. Idk if you can go over 100% accuracy though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Does Big Root give 30% more healing for Water Absorb or Volt Absorb too? or are those fixed amounts of healing no matter what?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back