• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your interest level in Pokemon right now

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Waned heavily with gen 7 and Let's GO and to be honest my hopes for the series is lower than ever. Being fairly pessimistic, but gen 8 could kill my interest for the series. I'm not okay with GF thinking they can cash in on popularity, cuteness and nostalgia of the franchise and never put in good effort.

Overall things look bad but I always have older games to come back to.

Years
I will never be as big of a fan of any other media franchise as I am of Pokemon, but even then I hit peaks and valleys with my level of interest. Thankfully over the last 6 or 7 years I haven't lost complete interest like I had in the past, but I'm not into the anime or TCG like I used to be either.

Overall, I'd say I'm on a minor decline right now, mainly because LGPE didn't really add anything new to the franchise. Once we get that first little taste of Gen 8 info though, I'll be one of the first to jump on the hype train.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I can still see myself as a lifelong fan of Pokemon. Sure, I don't play the newer games as much, (heck, I don't even have a Switch yet), but I love Pokemon and intend to stay with it until the end. I have been replaying a lot of the older games lately, and have been having fun w/those. I also have the anime that I watch weekly, and the manga I try to stick w/whenever new releases come out (I haven't started the sun/moon manga, though), so I have plenty of interest outlets for the Pokemon franchise to keep me here. Pokemon does mean a lot to, after all. (I also can't stop buying Pokemon merch, save me.)

Years
Currently, very interested! Although not insanely interested as of this post since I've not been playing any main series games actively. It's still insanely precious to me, but I never have the 'aaahh addicted' phase unless I'm playing through a new main series title.

Definitely will be into it for a long time though, as I've never stopped or gotten bored since finding Pokémon at age 8 (20 years ago). Fan for life. <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I don't think much has changed since my last reply here ahah. Except I'm in a pokémon RP now, yey.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Since my last post? I can still see myself as a lifelong Pokemon fan. I play Pokemon Go daily to tide me over until Pokemon Sword/Shield and am currently readying myself for Pokemon Masters. I still keep up with the Pokemon anime on a weekly basis, and still attempt to read the manga & collect some merch here and there, just not as much in the most recent months. I'm excited for Sword/Shield, despite all the huge controversy, and right now I'm on/off playing Pokemon Emerald, because the Battle Frontier is really mentally draining.

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
I'm playing Masters right now and it's pretty fun as it's actually hard at times. But if I finish the current chapters without ever summoning one of my favorites, that'll sting.

Otherwise, I am not interested in SwSh and the hacks I'm looking forward to may be a ways off at best. The other media haven't interested me in a long time, but this year the movies are decent.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Interest dropped after SM. Maybe it's because I feel like I've done everything a Pokemon game could offer to me. Maybe completing the dex as a tiresome ordeal was the reason, maybe me getting over competitive plays or me not caring about challenges. Maybe the series has become too bloated for my taste and a reboot with completely new designs could help with that.

Truth be told, I occasionally go back to the earlier gens (1-3). They were simpler, more contained and didn't have a lot of the issues the newer games seem to have, imo.

User Anon 1848

Good question. Overall my interest has been waning since 6th gen but I'll always appreciate and make time for my favorite games in the series even if they're a bit dated by now. What surprises me is how many people in the fandom around my age have maintained their interest in the anime all these years. Diehard fans could probably explain the unique strengths of each season but what little I've seen hasn't been enough to pull me back in after Diamond & Pearl, which was admittedly a very good season.

Years
Good question. Overall my interest has been waning since 6th gen but I'll always appreciate and make time for my favorite games in the series even if they're a bit dated by now. What surprises me is how many people in the fandom around my age have maintained their interest in the anime all these years. Diehard fans could probably explain the unique strengths of each season but what little I've seen hasn't been enough to pull me back in after Diamond & Pearl, which was admittedly a very good season.

Apparently SM has a really good anime; idk if you gave it a shot but it's been widely praised.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
I don't feel like I'm still as interested as I was before tbh. Back then I'd spend ages in Bulbapedia just reading random lore about random Pokémon, or playing the games over and over without getting tired. I rarely play them nowadays though, and even more rarely I open Bulbapedia or make Pokémon-related searchs, which happened because I found other stuff to get myself into and have a lot of other things in my head to take care of, unfinished projects, etc.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
The interest in the game themselves has actually been pretty low after SM. It had happened with ORAS already, after beating the league and whatever little post-league story there is I just lose interest.
I think it's simply because I don't have the patience/time anymore to catch em all for the 10th time, or to get into competitive play.
What I still love about Pokemon is the world around it, the concept about Pokemons, the music, new regions, the story, the friends it made me connect with... pretty much everything except actually playing the games lol.
I always followed the anime pretty casually and stopped around Hoenn/early Sinnoh so I can't talk about that.

User Anon 1848

Apparently SM has a really good anime; idk if you gave it a shot but it's been widely praised.

I haven't outside of a few short youtube clips but that's good to hear. I'll give it a proper chance soon. Sometimes I peek into the Poke anime section so it will be nice to know what they're talking about at the very least.

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
Years
My interest level in the franchise has been slightly waning for some time now. Game Freak has disappointed me, as they've drained the series of any substance in recent years. I currently feel like pokemon is a watered-down version of what it once was. With that being said, pokemon will always have a special place in my heart. I've been a fan of pokemon since I was in kindergarten and the series has played such a huge role in my life growing up. My love for pokemon will never wane, even if my interest does.

I feel similarly as of late. I still love the game for what it is, but I'm disappointed in what Game Freak has done to it in part. I'll still love the characters though, even if the games aren't drawing me in as much.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm pretty meh about Pokemon atm, but I'm excited for SWSH. :) I'm also more hyped about the TCG and merch than I've been in a while too.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 7, 2019
I definitely see myself as a life long fan. I've collected cards since I was little and have played the main series games like crazy. My love for pokemon has even lead me to start being a poketuber!

Sirfetch’d

My interest level is fairly high right now! I am super excited for SWSH and have been replaying lots of my favorite games as of late. I also spend a lot of my free time playing Pokemon GO as well. There are days where my interest drops and I don't do anything outside of GO but overall my love for Pokemon is still strong!

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I am casual, but I consider myself a lifelong fan of anything I have ever liked. The more time I devote to it the better I get and the more interesting conversations I have. I really enjoy employing competitive tactics when playing the regular game.

Back