• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most prized possessions.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • No, I don't mean the things you use everyday. I mean things you cherish. For example, a teddy bear you got when you were a baby and still have or just something that has helped you through a tough situation in life.

For me, I have my pound puppy. It's not from that weird new pound puppies show. It's an original one from the 80's or 90's. My grampie got one for each of us, (Me, my cousins John, Jeremy and Jenny) and I'm the only that still has mine. It's the only thing I have left of my grandfather because he did when I was barely a year old. He protects me from all of my fears, and I usually bring him with me when I'm dealing with a butt load of stress too.

I also have my scarfy. To others, it's a plain old ratty scarf, but to me, it's my pride and joy. It's soft and feels like pure cotton too. It's always helped me stay calm and has been there through many of my tears and meltdowns.

I also have my Axel plushie. He's from Kingdom Hearts. He was squished in between a hug from me and Vic Mignogna. He was also my very first convention plushie. <3

Then there's Kaito, America and England. They are sort of like Scarfy because they've calmed me down during my meltdowns and have also eased my anxiety and stress.

So what about you? Any prized possessions you have that have helped you? :3 I'm posting this here because I'm a bit embarassed by telling others about my scarfy.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • For me, it's this dog tag that belonged to my grandfather. I wear it around my neck everyday. He was a huge inspiration to me and I think I get a lot of my quirks from him. He fought in WW2 and was a medic on the beaches of Normandy on D-day. Survived to boot. He never really talked about the war much, but his kind nature and love to help others was a reason why I had decided to become a Registered Nurse. Even though I don't have the toughness that he had to absorb the blows of war, I wanted to follow in his footsteps by dedicating my life to help others like he did.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Not a freakin clue. I don't have a lot of things I cherish. Maybe my ps4 because I do love that thing, but not in any symbolic way.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I forgot about my necklace. It's a key. Here's a picture of it. I like to think that it's the key to my boyfriend's heart. I got it at the renaissance festival we go to every year. :3 The link is under the word here.

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
  • Hmm, I received my very first Heirloom around Christmas... but I haven't owned it long enough to form a bond with it...

My very first Mosin Nagant... Actually it was my first Rifle ever... The poor thing had to deal with my Green as grass gunsmithing skills... but It sparked a sense of ownership in me... one I hadn't ever felt before.

without getting into my gunsafe, I can tell you it is a 1936 Ishevsk Mosin Nagant with the run number of 8488 all matching except for a forced matched floorplate. I have very fond memories shooting/working on that rifle ^-^.

I also go reunited with my very first Game boy color a few months ago. The system that my father stood in line for all night to get me... It is teal and has created so many fond memories, including playing the first game I received for it... Pokemon Blue version ^-^.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • Hmm, as a huge Metroid fan, I would say my copy of Metroid Prime: Trilogy. It was the last copy in the store and haven't seen a copy since albeit its obvious since it was discontinued.
    It would either be that, my cartridge of Metroid Fusion, or my Pokemon Emerald cartridge, all three serving me numerous hours of playtime.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    A couple of small, round, silvery earrings with sorta dashes on them. They are incredibly precious to me because it was the first trinket my boyfriend got me. Plus they are really beautiful, in a discreet sort of way.

Years
  • I consider myself to be a sentimental person so there's quite a few items that hold significant importance and memories (:

- One of my favourite plushes was given to me by my ex-boyfriend on Valentine's Day. It's an adorable, pink rabbit head :3
    - Heart necklace that I wear everyday is a souvenir from Vietnam that my aunt bought for me while we were there vacationing.
    - My gigantic human-sized bear that I got for my birthday from my ex-roommates 1.5 years ago. They surprised me when I was coming back from a weekend at home with cake and balloons too~
    - The MVP awards for badminton and tennis that I received during high school are also very important.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I have a box full of trinkets that contain memories. Honestly, they're all prized possessions, since the hold some sort of memory, either happy or sad. However, one item in this box blows the others way. It's a letter my ex gave to me (and the whole story of how I got it also hold memories).
    Spoiler:

Only sharing since this is a private forum, and I trust you guys. I wouldn't post this publicly. But it's funny, I actually hadn't realized that she'd put it in my bag, and proceeded to not check my bag for a few day. At one point, I threw anything loose in my bag away without glancing. Including this note. Later that night, at like 1 30 in the morning, I was talking with her, and she kept mentioning that she'd left something in my bag, and I failed to realize what was going on till around 2 in the morning. Literally ran outside in the cold and pried through the trash and found it, still folded up and clean any everything. Reading it makes me smile. And so do the memories.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • It was something I used every day not too long ago, and it is something I do absolutely cherish due to my history with it and the franchise it was inspired by. My Gears of War 3 limited edition XBOX 360. I've had a lot of memories with it, and I don't think I'll ever sell it.

That, and a shirt I got signed by the artist who designed it. And a bunch of other random pony merch.

Ooo, but crap I almost forgot, my Y version. Because I've invested like, 2 or 3 thousand hours of my life into it. If anything ever happened to it, I'd be pretty upset.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • My jewelry, of course. <3 I have two black rings (that I wear on each middle finger) with skulls and crossbones. I also have a necklace with a bottle of poison as the pendant. It's cute looking, and my style. ;P

Also, my glasses. I love them, and hate not wearing them. Or more specifically, no glasses at all. Also, I kinda have to wear them to drive.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • My grandmother's high school graduation tassel. She raised me up until I went to high school, and she passed away not even three months after I graduated (worst day of my life.) The following Mother's Day we went through all the things she kept archived and somehow I ended up being given her graduation tassel. I need to dig it up and put it somewhere, for it's the only object of remembrance I received.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • This is going to sound a little cliche, but it's actually my Bulbasaur plushie. The main reason why it's that and not anything else special was because I'm very emotionally attached to it. You see, it was actually a gift from my first boyfriend, whom at the time we were just friends during freshman year of high school. But, freshman year was like...the worst year of my life. I was depressed and was desperate for attention, so I ditched my *true* friends and hung out with the upper class. Worst mistake of my life, as my depression got worse to the point that I had suicide thoughts. Unexpectedly, I got help. It was him that called the crisis intervention counselor (as well as my guidance counselor) to help with my emotional turmoil. In a few days, I was all better. If only I could thank him again, but every time I look at my Bulbasaur plushie, I'm reminded of the day I "saw the light to the end of the tunnel", and if it wasn't for him I wouldn't even be writing this post.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I have a Charmander stuffed animal that I got from a claw game in Las Vegas when I was like 2. It's in my attic somewhere because my dad took it away from me when I became a teenager. I also have my gameboy color which I've had for as long as I can remember, it has a lot of memories. And then I cherish my gamecube because it was the last Christmas gift that my great grandpa got for me before he passed away.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Definitely my flute, and more recently my laptop that I got a few months ago. My flute has been with me for so long and I love it so much, although I wouldn't mind getting a new shiny (and better in general) one. It's actually a really good flute and I'm lucky to have it buy it would be cool to get one with more bells and whistles. My laptop mainly because without it I would be left with just my phone to access the internet, which would generally limit my PC time and ability to be active here.

Penelope

fluffy Flaaffy
    Years
  • I have a few possessions that I would save in a fire or that I'd love to be buried with.

A tiny tiger sitting on a heart from valentine's day in 8th grade that my still current boyfriend (7 years!!) Gave me for or first valentine's together.

A Masked Rider figure I got when I went to the Kamen Rider Diner awhile ago in Japan. It was the best time ever.

A sand dollar from my first visit to the beach when I was small.

A star sapphire necklace that my great grandma gave me before she passed on.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I'm just waiting for someone to find out where we all live and use this thread to steal all of our most prized possessions. Callin' it.

Back