• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your oldest Pokémon

Years
  • the nice thing about pokémon is that you can transfer your favorites up to more recent games or storage systems (such as Pokémon Bank or Home). do you have any pokémon from older generations? what are your oldest? iirc I have some from when rse were still newish in 2003!

Years
  • My starter Sceptile from Sapphire is still around from 15+ years ago, hanging out on my HeartGold cartridge if memory serves me. I rarely delete my game files though, so I've got a bunch of Pokemon on my third and fourth gen games that are close to, or even more than 10 years old.

Just wish that the battery on my original Gold cartridge hadn't dried up- would be cool to still have some Pokemon around for almost 20 years, even if I couldn't transfer them to newer games.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • I've had Arceus, Keldeo, and Meloetta from 20th Anniversary for several years now. Also still have all the Dragons from the original X they came from so they're all probably close to 5 years, maybe 6.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • The only one I recall is my beloved Sparky (Raichu) from a Platinum save file I had. I think it was Platinum, but it's about anything between 7 and 10 years old. It was one of my favourites for speed and I couldn't bare to be without it.

I probably do have other Pokemon, but they just didn't seem as important as that particular Pokemon.

Years
  • I recently found a USB stick with some of my old saves, and it had my original Pokémon Diamond save on it from 2007!

Unfortunately, I did a lot of cheating back then so almost all Pokémon were modified (PID mismatches all over the place), but the one Pokémon that was still legit was my Dialga, currently trying to get physical games, and handhelds to trade him up all the way to Ultra Sun.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'm not sure if it's my oldest, but I was trading some Pokémon over to my main games before restarting Colosseum a couple years ago and found a Swampert that a friend traded me back in middle school (2003). Also found a Sceptile of mine, but I'm not sure if it was my original Gen. III starter or another one that I gave the same nickname (ZOKUL, because I thought Treecko looked so cool).

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Lord no I am not organized enough to keep all of that straight. All of my competitive Pokémon will be stuck in White 2 forever. Though, I say that having carried over a couple of shiny fairies from XY, which is fairly recent in the Pokémon games timeline but still years ago for us.

So.. I guess my oldest Pokémon is a shiny Sylveon from Y?

Years
  • Of all the oldest mons I can actually remember, the one I can distinctly remember is a Wobbuffet the most. Was breeding for a Wynaut with any nature that benefited either defense, preferably HP/Defense/Sp. Defense and got a bold one as a result. Transfered from Johto all the way to Galar, making him the oldest in my bred and trained collection.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • My oldest Pokemon is my Torterra on my (dead) Diamond save file. It's from May 22, 2008. I wish the game card could be read/loaded, though. =/ What a shame.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Giratina, Latias, Milotic, Swampert, Charizard, Venusaur, Jolteon etc. are some I can remember from RSE and FRLG!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • My oldest pokemon would be those from HGSS since I sold all my previous Pokemon games prior to Gen 2 Remakes because my love for Pokemon was starting to fade.

That being said, I picked up HGSS when I saw a few of my friends in High School playing the games. So I began to get into pokemon again.

My oldest pokemon that I know for sure came from HGSS are some of the Event Legends like the Shiny Crowned Beasts and Mew event in HGSS. I also have a Shiny Charizard, Tyranitar and Donphan that I got in trades on this site. I have a few other pokemon I got from trades on here, but I don't know when they came out. It was called Birthday Charmander and a Shiny Milotic from a Tournament Event I think.

I also have a Shiny Rapidash that I caught as a Ponyta in Mount Silver when i was training to take on Red. It was my first Shiny I had ever gotten.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Must be my Blue version Alakazam who survived my accidental "new game" back in the early '00. That makes my level 100 Alakazam about 20 years old. Woah, that's neat.

I don't really plan on buying any new console (currently still own 2DS) but I'd like one day to transfer whatever Pokémon I possibly can.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well despite endlessly resetting Emerald when it was my only game, I think when Platinum was first released I still had one from early 2007. Before I finally got a second DS system I struck up a deal on here to trade all my pokémon to a member, restart my save, catch a bunch of Starly and trade them back...I never got them back. So unless my Japanese Arceus is from 2010 or earlier my oldest pokémon is an Empoleon from a 2011 Platinum save.

Years
  • I wouldn't say I have one specific oldest Pokemon, but I do have quite a few from old Emerald, FireRed and Platinum that go way back! I actually have an original Manaphy from Pokemon Ranger transferred to Platinum (which was the only way to get it back then), so I'd say that's definitely a standout for oldest and rarest, must be like 10 years maybe?!

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • My fucking 20-year-old Yellow cartridge still fucking works, holy shit (I just checked) (Oh the simplicity, I totally forgot that Special was one stat in Gen 1)!
    Although it no longer has my first playthrough on it as I've restarted a few times since completing it, the playthrough currently on it should still be my oldest. It's hard to say as I've restarted all my games except Silver at least a couple of times.

I haven't done a trade up since the mass trade up I did from my first Yellow playthrough to my one and only Silver playthrough.
    Ironic how if I hadn't, my very first save file would still be around. My Silver battery died in 2007 taking my most beloved Pokemon with it including the only 3 level 100's I've ever had to date (not counting Snakewood), my Pigeot (one of the up-trades from Yellow), Dragonite and Furret. :'(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Ironic how if I hadn't, my very first save file would still be around. My Silver battery died in 2007 taking my most beloved Pokemon with it including the only 3 level 100's I've ever had to date (not counting Snakewood), my Pigeot (one of the up-trades from Yellow), Dragonite and Furret. :'(

Congrats on the 20 year-old Psyduck! Same here with the cartridges. Batteries of both Silver and Gold died while Red and Blue work perfectly fine.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Correction to my last post. I actually just transferred a shiny Pichu that I got from a Gamestop event 10 year ago! :)

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I think I still have my original Blaziken from my first save in Ruby (a cartridge I don't even have anymore), dating back to Christmas 2003 IIRC, it should be in my Diamond cartridge together with many other mons transferred from Gen 3 and therefore dating back to 2003-06 - and that Diamond save is still the one I created on day one when it released in Europe.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    Probably the 2007 Torterra in my Pearl save (still the original save). Although some of the Charizards I have there (transfered from FireRed) might be even older.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • Congrats on the 20 year-old Psyduck! Same here with the cartridges. Batteries of both Silver and Gold died while Red and Blue work perfectly fine.

I don't have a 20-year old Psyduck?
    My Red and Blue both died as well, my Crystal was the last of the first two gens to go in 2014 and right after I caught a shiny Gastly. Just my luck. :P

Back