• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Pokecommunity History

Years
  • This thread is about your history here at the site, whether it be memories, stories, or just your overall journey at here. It doesn't matter if you've been here a month, a year, or going on ten years, everyone has some stories to tell. Feel free to let your inner tl;dr roam free! :D

What's your Pokecommunity story?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • No tldr for me since on phone. But bleh.

2009 - A noob joined to get a shiny gold hack and hacking tools. Used to be obsessed with post count. Posted like crazy and had like 15-20 notifications every day after I woke up. I was crazy social back then. Oh, and I wanted to get on staff team. Tried desperately to stand out.

2010 - The year I got introduced to graphics by gavvie and others. Also the year where I had maximum interactions with my idol siggeh. And the year when I chatted away on msn like crazy. Group chats were fun.

2011 - The year where I started disappearing for a few months each few months. This continued to be the case next year as well.

2012 - I was absent for the majority of the year. Only came back to post in AnD in nov-dec since I figured I was sort of free. Then I got promoted. Was happy. But I knew my life wouldn't let me have it for long.

2013 - Despite getting an 87% aggregate and being eligible for most colleges in India, I failed to get a good rank in the competitive engineering exams. So I decided I'd take time off from PC to study. Resigned from staff. Was sad to let it go after six months only. :p Buuut yeah now here I am. Posting occasionally and ****. I'll become super active next year after may for sure. But this dismal activity will continue till then.

I have so much more to write about all the wonderful people I met and experiences I had but I just can't on this phone. Guess this short summary will have to do.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I joined PC in 2004 I was a real n00b at the time, but I loved Pokemon and Digimon at the time. Both of them were major obsessions of mine. I joined here because of an ex-best friend of mine. Basically, I was a pain in the ass to the staffers. I got banned for flaming one of the admins, but I apologized to him and was allowed to come back.

I had a lot of people talk about me behind my back here. It caused me to leave PC and never want to come back again. A few years later, I tried to return again, only to leave after a scuffle with people about a sensitive topic I won't bring up. So, I left again and never wanted to come back. I regret the things I did and wish I could apologize to the people I had hurt.

Now, I'm back here again, and I hope to stay here. That's really all I remember.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Listing out specific memorable experiences here at PC during my less-than-a-year time here on PC, more or less in order from the very beginning.

- Joined PC and introduced myself. Was extremely active during my initial days and posted like crazy.
    - Met and got to know new friends. Had great conversations via VM.
    - Paired to Rococo, Snor(es)Lax and LilJz1234.
    - Familiarized myself with the forums.
    - Became a supporter via gift donation, thanks to PEDRO12.
    - Joined two CommDays and this year's GT. Had lots of fun and got to bond with lots of people.
    - Found and joined the battle server. Got introduced to competitive battling by Nica.
    - Got modded on the battle server staff. :D

Well, this is mostly it. Hmm... Don't think I've left out anything. More memorable experiences to come!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Hm, I'm going to borrow Dero's system.

2008: Joined PC with the intention of helping out a friend with his hack. Never even got started, but I stuck around cause the place was interesting and was my first "social networking" sort of website.

2009: I was a mess. Noob with low self esteem that took any opportunity he saw to make himself feel better and liked. Paired to a few people, and that led to drama that I didn't want. But again, I felt liked

2010: I like to believe I matured a little more by now. Found my niche in OVP, though I wasn't nearly as active as the last year or so. Err, I think I got myself into forum events more and started balancing my posting and VMing.

2011: I was out for most of it. I left without any real warning, didn't feel like PC was worth my time. It's during then when I met/realized my true friends IRL, and ended up spending all of my time with them. SAT drama also got it's head involved.

2012: I came back around August. PC was totally different in terms of people, with the people who I'd met when I first joined gone for the most part. I made new friends, learned to behave, and contributed a decent amount. I think I also got my supportership around then, but I'm not quite sure.

2013: Got promoted to moderator in the new CCP section, and I've been having more fun here than I ever have before. I think that's because it's now that I've met the people who really matter to me on this forum. Mainly many people from staff, the server regulars, as well as the CCP and DCC regulars. <3

And five years will officially happen this Saturday. ;D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've joined PokéCommunity only last year, so unfortunately, I don't have too much of a big history. I was very inactive when I first joined PC, and the first thing I've ever posted was a thread containing all of my graphical artwork. Few days later, I've donated some money and became a supporter. Then, I went completely inactive.

I've made my return to PC on August 2013, and have been posting around a lot more than I was previously. I've met Shawn (my pair) on the second day of my return, and it turned out that we had lots of things in common. Within just a day or two, we instantly became best friends. d: That should be it, haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Well, on June 2nd 2011, I was a member on a couple other Pokemon forums. On one particular one, they were having a discussion on this place in their DCC equivalent. I wandered over here and made an account for the heck of it. I mainly just used this place to talk to friends I knew from elsewhere and wasn't very active, the next year I started posting more frequently. Last summer, I felt like I should donate to this place so I did and became a supporter.

Nowadays, Im not very active, but try to poke my head in and post around, though Im mostly a lurker at this point in time. That's about it.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    This November will make it a year, I believe. Not much of a "history" here, honestly.

Upon joining, I found my way to the (then-OVP) DCC and started lurking there. After a while, I opened up a Trade Shop, which ended up dying out because I lost interest.

A while later, an incident here on PC resulted in some inactivity. I eventually decided that leaving altogether would be best. I ended up just disabling messaging (both VM and PM) instead, which was enough of a fix that I was content with staying.

I don't remember if it was before or after that happened, but around that time, a contest was held on the CC&P DCC. Whoever was able to grab the 10,000th post would be granted a Tier 2 supportership. Dipu (who was then Bloodex) won, then gave me the supportership because I posted immediately after him, and he already is a supporter.

That really is it; I haven't done much here.

Years
  • July 31, 2013: Joined Pokecommunity. Donated a week later and since then not much.

I might donate $75 for tier 6 if I have plenty of cash left after the semester.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 2008: Joined as SilverSmeargleSplatter with hopes of reading manga scans and getting better and more fan fic reviews than I did at Serebii. Paired to Royal Genesis, who was my first internet best friend and crush. Became friends with Astinus and Went. Changed username to Sydian. No one liked that, haha. I went on hiatus during the remainder of the first time I was Sydian.

2009: Changed username back to SilverSmeargleSplatter and started getting back to being active. Apparently they liked me a lot, and I was modded in General Pokemon Gaming, Spin Offs, Advance Generation, and Metal/Color Generation. I started talking to my current best friend, [supporter]Klippy[/supporter], the day I was modded. Love him. :)

2010: Changed username back to Sydian after this weird Sydian guy was modded. I was mad he had my name! Sydian 2 went back to his username, that being Hiiro, but you might know him better as Artemis. And we became friends! Paired with [supporter]Klippy[/supporter] and [supporter]Hiidoran[/supporter] in March. :) The bestest babes ever. I miss when we were all three staff and we could talk together about all that behind the scenes stuff and promotions we wanted/didn't like/etc. In June of this year, my 5th section, Challenges, was born. From that point on, I made some great friends and found a true niche in this forum. At some point in the year, I became friends with Dominic. Klippy quit this year, so that sucked not having him around. But I still had Hiidoran!! And I think this was the year I started talking to Captain Fabio, Livewire, and [supporter]Penatrait[/supporter].

2011: I went through a lot personally during this year that I don't like to think about really, so even the stuff that happened on PC is all kind of a blur. I don't know what to say about it, honestly. This was also the year Hiidoran quit staff, but I do think this is the year I started talking to Abnegation more often. We had talked before, but I think this was when we started to hit it off better. This is also the year I adopted my lil kiddo, Razor Leaf! :)

2012: Not much happened to me significantly this year, except I realized I was getting old, haha. I paired with Dominic at the end of the year, making us the last to pair in the year 2012. I think I started talking to EternallyAnna more often this year. I also learned how to RNG and joined up with Mac in his amazing trade thread!

2013: Just got done hosting the first raffle challenge event, and that was a ton of fun! I still gotta pass out prizes, though. I started talking to [supporter]NecrumWarrior[/supporter] this year as well, which is awesome. He's a coolio dude. When momma Asty was promoted, I became the oldest moderator, in terms of years served. I unpaired Dominic, because his account is gone, and you can't really be paired to someone that doesn't exist.

tl;dr Apparently all my friends became smods, or have been at some point lmfao.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

2012: I joined under the username of jellicentfan and shortly forgot my password so I created this even "noobier" account 10 minutes later :D I was a pretty inactive member for most of the time after I joined.

October 2012: I joined PC's battle server and I never expected what was going to happen. In a period of a few days, I met my best friend, [supporter]GolurkIsDaBomb[/supporter] and dozens of others including, AlexOzzyCake, LGDArm, [supporter]Narnia[/supporter], [supporter]Twilight Sky[/supporter], [supporter]Forever[/supporter], and Wolflare who I love and would do anything for. I became a decent battler and quickly became interested in competitive.

December 2012: I became staff at the Battle Server which was highly unexpected, but I have tried to do my best ever since!

2013: I'll summarize this year so far as a whole because I became a totally different person on PC. I have become an active member who loves posting anywhere possible and making new friends. I am no longer shy and I feel like I finally have stopped making nooby posts. I hope to remain active throughout the rest of this year and make dozens of more friends that I can write about next time I post in this thread ;D

Years
  • Okay I'm not really old, but not really new either but I'm happy to share my story and it's a good one I think.

So, I joined PC on March 19th, 2011 (or at least that was the date in my timezone) when I was badly treated by staff at another forum I was previously on. I wanted to join a place where everyone is friendly, and the topics are diverse but not too many of them, and so I joined this humble community. I didn't get off to a good start, I couldn't make friends easily and I didn't even make an introduction thread. And also, I wasn't active in a lot of sections outside of most of the Pokemon-based ones, and I ended up breaking quite a few rules without even knowing it, and I even tried to leave the forums after a few months in.

When it turned over to 2012, I did start getting a bit more active, and made more friends, and even I saw massive changes happening to me. I started branching out into a few more sections, notably Pokemon Clubs, which is now one of my most active sections I post regularly in. In September of that year, a Get-Together was held celebrating 10 years of PokeCommunity and I entered an event where the top prize was a Tier 4 Supporter title. I didn't win it, but the winner of the prize, the then-Pokemon General mod Toujours decided to give it to me upon learning it was my 20th birthday. Very generous of her to give me something so special, and I woke up to loads of VMs and a new italic username, and even took my first steps into the supporter lounge. I knew it existed before I was supportered, but it wasn't what I was expecting it to be. After a few weeks, towards the end of October, I was bumped to a Tier 5 when PEDRO12 donated $5 in my name.

Then around the end of the year, I joined the PC Battle Server and became an active member there, initially joining under the same name I have here. I have had a fair share of usernames there, most being based on Oshawott (including my current identity there, Zeddawott) and for a few months I held voice rank which was a true accomplishment. I may not have that elusive + anymore at the moment but I'm hoping to eventually get re-voiced sometime. In 2013, my activity got even better, when I finally started hanging out in Battle Center, got even more active in The Welcome Lounge and also Chit Chat & Polls. I even started contributing to all the speculation for Pokemon X & Y.

I felt like my noobishness all but vanished this year, and now my signatures don't look so crappy anymore compared to what they were a year-and-a-half ago, and I made friends with so many awesome people. And also my 21st birthday is coming up, and my 1 year supporter anniversary. I also celebrate 3 years at PC next March and earn that coveted Veteran emblem, and hopefully I might plan on becoming a staff member or even making a bigger contribution to the community. And when more new things come my way I hope to share them here again!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really don't remember everything. I'll try, hm.

What the hell. I can't see more than my last 500 posts? Since when? How do I trace my very first steps on PC now? :s Ugh okay remember remember

Spoiler:

Hm, seems I remembered the beginning and the end, but lost a lot in the middle. I don't remember most part of 2008-2009-2010 srs. Sorry.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Joined sometime in July 2013, was greeted warmly by Hikari and Cirno and new this would be a great place I joined for rom hacking but the roleplay corner stole me :(

I have had a great time since and wont be going for a long time :D

Thanks to Red Hot Chibi Pellipers for introducing me to Roleplaying

Years
  • 2010: Most inactive year by far for me. I joined in March 2010 and pretty much left after that. I made my return in the summer of 2010 and then shortly left after that, too. I can't remember if I lurked any more after that, though.

2011: I returned to PC in the summer of 2011 and actually began posting on a daily basis. I was still a fairly unknown person at the time, though I think some people were getting to know me. I remember participating in the GT8 y'all had that summer and made some more posts, but then went idle pretty much when school started.

2012: Lots of on-and-off activity from me again with lots of lurking and not a whole lot of posting. I remember the April Fool's Day Lerroux incident very well, too. I did some more lurking and made the occasional post in C&T (now T&I). Over the summer, I met two good friends: AlexOzzyCake and Olli97 through their IRC chat and oh how so fun those days were. :') I also hosted an event at PCX and participated in some other events, too. After that, I pretty much went idle again and lurked until 2013.

2013: Where to start? I don't even know. All I can remember was having not even 450 posts yet at the start of 2013, but I guess I'll start here in February then. It was then that I returned to PC and haven't left since. I met my pair in February and we paired up. Between March and May, it was still me browsing PC, but I began to post more and lurk less, especially in the then OVP and OC&D sections (now CC&P and D&D, respectively), and of course looked through T&I as well. I eventually got my post count up above my pair's post count in the summertime. While accomplishing all of this, I started to become a regular on the battle server. It was there I met good friends such as [supporter]jellicentfan1[/supporter] and Wind Heart, who were the two always there welcoming me whenever I went on. I also had the honor of hosting three events at the GT 2013 and met great people through that, especially with the Skype chat.. and once that was over, I continued to post in my usual spots. The rest of the summer was just me posting, posting, and posting on a daily basis now, especially in the DCC, CC&P, TWL, and T&I. If it wasn't for the heartwarming welcome posts I made, I would not have made as many friends that I have now, and a lot I still see around here actively and or keep in contact with! And I really have Cirno to thank for such encouragement! n_n Now to August, which was a very big month for me and it changed me a little as well. August was the month that I was promoted to moderator status here, and it has made me feel better for how I perceive PokéCommunity. Although I try to still think of myself as a regular member, I know that I'm not, and I gladly respect that, especially as one who is very helpful towards the community. I had the choice not to become a mod, but because I was chosen, I couldn't help but take the opportunity in and decided to become the next branch in getting to help out in the community. Since then, I have made a lot of more posts, got voiced on the battle server, made new friends, especially with staff, and found out how much nice everyone here can be.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Hey, this counts as a part of my pc history so imma post it anyway. The previous post was a short summary but this one is sorta different. So yeaaah.

My PC experience was made a trillion times better due to a few people around here. Like I said, Gav/Abnegation got me into gfx. He gave me that extra push in 2010 - when I was pondering if gfx even was something I could do or is something beyond my abilities. And not just the initial push, he used to provide outright amazing critique and continued to do so for a long time. A shoutout to moments. Someone who was equally responsible for my astronomical growth in the gfx department. Now, I'm still average but at least better than the absolute noob I was. Lmao. Then there's Signomi. I can write paragraphs on how much she influenced me by her presence. Even my gfx style is reminiscent of hers. I came to be her friend in 2010 and I looooved all the time I spent communicating with her. She was easily the most important friend I made here. At least till december of 2012. I came to know Alexial/Jo. In only a few months, she became an important part of my life - both on and offline. Best friend atm. We worked alongside as partners till I resigned. If it weren't for these people, I probably would've been a lot different than I am now. I am lucky to have known them.

Tldr - gav shaped my 2010-2011 gfx career. And moments too. Siggu influenced my entire stay here. Even in her absence. Jolyne is mah sweetheart and the best friend ever. She encouraged me and held my hand for the time I was on staff. 2013 was awesome due to her. <3

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • Huh, wow it was a long time ago I joined, and I've been mysteriously absent to be honest...logging in about once a year around the time the site sent me my "Happy Birthday" email...anywho....

I joined at the end of 07, and mainly stuck to the battle area which oddly enough, I made quite a few friends...from Kittipawd to Ito_Igami to countless others. Heck, I can thank Ito right now because he sent me a message on PSN...anyway I digress.... Because of life and some other things, football, baseball, and so on I was on hiatus for a few months, then I came back... mwahahahahahahaha!

Anyway, when I returned in Mid 2008, the forums had changed in a way I never expected. Many of the people who I regularly battled where no longer here, and many new people took their place. Many moved onto PE2K or other sites, but I didn't know why. I asked around and people (at least on the battle threads, I never really went elsewhere) said it was because of noobz. They where not cheating, but they where using tired strategies and nothing but overpowered Pokemon and many people wanted to battle like...well trainers and moved to where they thought they could get a challenge instead of countering tired and overused strategies.

I lasted till around 2010, battling having fun and generally having a good time. Met new friends, some older ones even returned...but it got boring after a while, tired and among other things, work got in the way. I had graduated in 2007 and worked for Comcast until the winter of 2009. Got laid off and had to find other work. So, I found a part time job and went to college...took some night classes and got a fairly easy job working as a cook at a small bar. Life was...ok. It was paying the bills, but not enough pay to get the latest pokemon game. Still was using Diamond to battle, but everyone was transitioning to the next gen...and that's when I left. Nobody left to battle, nobody left to trade. I was behind and I could not move forward.

All in all, I had a lot of fun here. I kinda grew up and this is my Pokemon home. Still visit for holidays and get my yearly "Happy Birthday" message. I've moved and found a new home (not for pokemon) and have a lot of fun there, in a more "role play-ey" way. Still, its kinda cool to see that you are still the only "umanouski" in the world and people still recognize your name no matter what forum you use, or what game your playing.

Thanks for letting me ramble guys. Peace out

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I can make an essay out of two years. :p

I joined in 2011. I was 21, so I wasn't necessarily a noob, granted PC was still my first forum and the thing that brought me to regular activity on the internet, but I digress. I wanted to introduce myself to competitive battling and since Smogon seemed a little too intimidating for my taste I settled in well at the Battle Center and stayed there for the better part of my PC career. I really loved it there, rating teams and helping people, even though I didn't always express it to the awesome members there at the time. I really did meet the people who would shape the rest of my internet persona, if you can call it that. I feel bad for not spending as much time on the server, or giving back to the Battle Center what it gave to me. I can't say I was ever truly one of the "boys" on the server, but we all shared a common interest and that was enough. I looked up to those guys for their battling skills and they were the funniest damn bunch of people I even had the curtsey of being sexually harassed by (kidding!). I always recall my early days fondly. :)

Then I dropped off the face of the Earth. School, life, and things like that drove me from PC for about 6 - 8 months. So a pretty substantial chunk of time. Once I actually returned for good, I carved my own little niche into A&D by posting my work on the internet for the first time. From there on, that's where I knew I belonged. Of course I still posted occasionally in other sections, but A&D was my little home here. I got to watch Derozio be promoted, which was pretty great. We had just started mingling, just started our budding friendship, but I was so happy for him and proud of him for getting the position. It was then I knew that I wanted those things for myself. Dero made me more confident, pushed my to try things I never would have, and encouraged me to work harder. Silly for a 21 year old to emulate a 17 year old, right? Haha, well, in my defense I had only had about a year of internet experience under my belt. He was someone who took me under his wing when it came to forum art and I respect and love him like a brother more now than I did then.

Before I knew it, I found myself modded in the very place I adored, on the forum that stole my heart. There were rough patches along the way, sure.. But all told, I get to help out on my favorite forum, working with some of the coolest / best people I know, and do it all while expanding and expressing my art, making new friends, and most importantly, learning moreabout myself. I love the journey PC has put me on, and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Ooh new format for this ok I'll do it. Hopefully I remember it right?

2004: Joined July 13 probably for fanfiction? I have no idea but that's what else I was online for at that point. I was 11. Oops my bad re COPPA. PC was my first internet home and first social website. Total frickin noob. Found some friends and a place in Fun Time in PokéLand. Paired with shadowman321. Yeah, I remember that.

2005: Found more friends. Ended up with a boyfriend? 1313666. Some offline friends joined PC. There was drama. We skittered across various IF forums and eventually just stopped.

2006: Showed up and poked around for three days. PM'd Kaga a few times? idk still was a weird child.

2007: gone.

2008: looked back but didn't log in.

2009: gone.

2010: July 10 showed up again properly. Found a place in OT and revitalized the Nightclub. Cilan appeared. Ended up in PokéAni Shipping Debates. Made lots of friends everywhere. Started talking to Shawn and Tara and Dev and Kei and Donny and lots of people. Paired to Dev. Then Dev and Kei. Then Pachy.

2011: There was drama. Started talking to Thomas, Mia, Nica, Syddy, Luke, Mac, Blade, Ozzy, Olli, so many IRC people. Paired to Dev and Kei. Then Dev and Kei and Thomas. Active in PokéAni, NU/W, OT, and PokéClubs. Active on IRC. Had a tantrum. Sulked. Drifted away for a while. Came back. There was drama. More IRC drama. Lots of drama? W/e. Did that winter mini-GT

2012: Switched accounts. Pretty much a continuation of 2011? Kei vanished. Dev vanished. I drifted away from IRC. Was semi-active in NU/W? I disappeared for a while at the end of the year.

2013: March. Bingewatched all what I had missed of BW. Jumped right into PokéAni. Re-did the ep index, edited rules, kept an eye on discussions, advertised, brought in new threads and ideas, tried to create a discussion environment so I would have a place to talk about everything I loved and thought could be improved about the anime. Was modded in May and basically kept doing exactly what I had been except with the power to sticky things and edit indexes and rules on my own. Been doing that this whole time. Talking to more people as well, esp more staff. Did Challenges a bit because Syddy. Got ACNL because everyone was gushing and play mostly with Luke. Got involved with GT because Necrum gave me ideas. Kicked that into gear so I could do them. Did two events with Necrum. Got involved in Skype chats because GT. Started streaming because GT. Have a lot of ideas for next GT lmao.

I mean very little of that is in order but yeah? The most positive things happened this year for me. I love everyone that I talk to and that people believed in me enough to take me on as PokéAni mod and I'm glad I've always come back to PC.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    If I spent time talking about everything, I'd be here all night, so just the main things and tl;dr version:

> Joined PC to download Shiny Gold.
    > Left after I got what I wanted.
    > Kept visiting as a guest for like a year afterwards.
    > Made contact with Arcanine.
    > Joined again under a different name.
    > Made some friends and had some good times.
    > Donated for the more stand out username and other perks.
    > Ran the music claims thread in Other Entertainment.
    > Became a moderator of Other Entertainment like a month after.
    > Modded and ****.
    > Lost drive for moderating in Other Entertainment because lack of activity.
    > Got promoted to moderator in the Other Voting Polls forum.
    > Modded and ****.
    > Got promoted to super moderator.
    > Did h-staff things, which I can't remember what I did but I remember doing a lot and suggesting a lot of wonderful things in HQ.
    > Resigned.
    > Regretted resigining.
    > Requested position back.
    > Got position back.
    > Did more h-staff things.
    > Switched account to Dominic.
    > Realized my prime time had ended and that I'm better with PC as just a regular member.
    > Resigned.

Back