• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • No shiny Pokemon for me. In fact, in all of my years of playing...I've never encountered a shiny Pokemon. The bad luck is running strong for OR/AS. xD

Ah, looks like I'm not alone! Walking the entirety of Hoenn and completed the Pokedex by catching new Pokemon (except for legendaries and a few that I traded over from earlier games) but no shiny for me. xD I kinda want to encounter one randomly; that would be awesome. I'll hope for both of us :)

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • Not long ago this random dude I'd wonder traded with requested a trade session with me in which he traded me a whole buttload of shinies:
    2 Serpierior
    Slowbro (with a slowbroite, so now I have two of those)
    Mudkip
    Rotom
    He also traded me a victini, not shiny but rare.
    And he took my crappers for them.

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Don't know if I posted in here but o currently have 49 (53 if you include my Shiny Staraptor I caught in platinum and the 3 shiny event legendary beasts from Heartgold/soulsilver ).
    My shinies that I have obtained are (in order):
    Spoiler:

I am currently trying for more, like a shiny charmander and tyrunt through breeding, ariados, Ect. Ect.

EDIT: I lied. I forgot I was doing a shiny badge quest. I currently have a shiny Marshtomp, swablu, nuzleaf, Makuhita evolution (don't know how to spell the evolution), and a numel.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I just hit 200 shinies as I am working on a shiny living Dex right now. I get a lot of them from Wonder Trade and Reverse GTS that people have.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The shinies so far from my Alpha Sapphire (not counting transferred/trades), are Shiny Wingull x2, Shiny Gible and a few I've forgotten. xD Forgotten, as I haven't touched my game for awhile! {XD}

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
  • I have caught a few shinies myself while I'm building on my shiny living dex (just completed my regular living dex), which if you ask me are not few given that I don't shiny hunt often or for a large amount of time. I usually give up on a shiny after 150-200 encounters. Till now I have obtained the following:

Shiny Ralts (Evolved into Gallade) via DexNav
    Shiny Bouffalant via DexNav
    Shiny Zigzagoon via Hordes
    Shiny Zubat (Evolved into Crobat) via Hordes
    Shiny Seedot via DexNav (Will evolve it soon into Shiftry)
    Shiny Heracross which I traded for a Meloetta (and I regret it)
    Shiny Absol (1st encounter!)
    Shiny Skorupi (The most painful shiny I have ever gotten, it shined after 740 encounters!) (will evolve it into Drapion)
    Shiny Gloom via DexNav but was not really hunting for anything (Evolved into Vileplume)
    Shiny Charmander via MM (Evolved into Charizard and it's a beautiful gray beast)
    Shiny Shuppet via Hordes (Evolved into Banette)
    Shiny Swablu via Hordes (Evolved into Altaria)
    Shiny Machop via Hordes (Evolved into Machamp)
    Shiny Numel via DexNav (will evolve it into Camerupt)
    Shiny Sandshrew via Hordes

And that's it for now! I do not count Pokemon that I obtained via trades and I'll of course reclaim the shiny Heracross. But for now my target is to finish my Wonderlocke in Pokemon X and get the shiny charm in that game as well, because there is a good amount of shiny Pokemon that can be obtained there, either via Friend Safari or with Hordes or with the Pokeradar (I do not like the last method though). I'll update for any new shiny!

Years
  • I was EV Training against hoards one night and I encountered a Shiny Swablu after I asked someone if they could trade me theirs :3 and then an hour or so after I found a Shiny Whismur. I was so surprised, that's never happened to me before :D

Years
  • Believe it or not, I hatched this little thing only after 9 eggs. Giving that ridiculously large number of steps it takes to hatch one egg and the extremely low amount of time I spent on this I had unbelievable luck :D It also has 5 perfect IVs but its HP leaves much to be desired (3/31/31/31/31/31).

KkTJfP9l.jpg

Years
  • Ruby was the only game where I ever encountered shinies in the wild. My collection included a Voltorb, Linoone and Golbat. I had also accidedntally knocked out a Trapinch and Tentacool with a critical hit; I have not seen a wild shiny since the Tropius that used Whirlwind as I prepared to catch it.

Years
  • Aside from a shiny Zorua and Hoppip I obtained in a trade the other day, I hatched my first shiny which was a Larvitar. I was pretty stoked on that aha. I was just iv breeding with a foreign ditto and I was looking through some boxes of leftovers, and I'm like wait a second. . . .

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • I just my copy of AS a few days ago. My first ORAS shiny was a female Zigzagoon, I was grinding for my first badge and bam.
    There is also a shiny Rayquaza event going now, I just got him. I cant use him because I only have one badge but I will use him as soon as I can

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2015
    I have the shiny charm and when I was breeding a Bulbasaur for my friends 'dex the first one I hatched was shiny. I also have a shiny Crobat from wondertrade and a whole bunch of shinies that were hacked in by my friend, but I keep them in my pokebank. I also have the Charizard from the GAME UK distribution.

Years
  • So far I've managed to get Wailmer and Feebas while chain fishing, and I've caught Oddish, Machop and Zubat in hordes. I've been trying to dexnav chain for a Ponyta and Zorua for a little while now, but I'm yet to have any luck using this method. I had the most luck with hordes in Y as well, so maybe it's just because I feel like the chances are better that I'm more inclined to try them...

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • I got a shiny Buizel from WT, the shiny Rayquaza event, and a shiny Salamence that I won. (it was probably hacked) That's it. I haven't even seen a shiny in the wild. Ever.

Back