• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming Week #20: Kitten Cannon - Warning New Challenger Approaches! [READ RULES FOR INFO]

Do you like this challenge?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

• Year of Gaming Week #20: Kitten Cannon - Warning New Challenger Approaches! [READ RULES FOR INFO]

Kitten Cannon
    - Week #20 -

Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

Year of Gaming Week #20: Kitten Cannon - Warning New Challenger Approaches! [READ RULES FOR INFO]
    "Kitten Cannon! is a 2005 game by BurstStudio. It is widely credited with popularizing the "Toss" genre on Newgrounds. Kitten Cannon! is somewhat similar to Toss the Turtle, but is older and significantly less developed. Players control a cannon that shoots a kitten. They can change the angle of the cannon's barrel, which can be changed using the up and down arrow keys, and the power of the cannon."
    Warning: New Challenger Approaches!

This is El Héroe Oscuro. He's been heralded as the champion of video games. Think you have what it takes to take the title from him? Each week, he will be competing against you for the highest score. What will you get if you beat his score? A raffle ticket that at the end of every 5 week cycle will enter you into a chance to win a $25 Supporter Rank or video game gift card of your choice. The more times you beat him, the more raffle tickets you get and the better chance you have of winning the prize. But don't take him lightly: he's pretty damn good at video games...

Rules

ϟ. To access the game, use the link provided here.
    https://www.addictinggames.com/D78AQSAKQLQWI9/2159.swf

ϟ. After your game is officially over, take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said picture. This is how you enter into this challenge.

ϟ. You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest score. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

ϟ. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be January 3rd, 11:59 PM ET.
    Emblem

Standings
    1. Juno - 2,177 ft
    2. User 101 - 2,019 ft
    3. White Mage - 1,826 ft
    4. Lord Scalgon - 1,825 ft
    5. Orpheus - 1,803 ft
    6. Zeffy 1,736 ft
    7. Zekrom - 1,699 ft
    El Héroe Oscuro - 1,517 ft
    8. Gogoat Rocks! - 1,502 ft
    9. gangueevee - 1,076 ft
    10. Elite Four Grimsley - 864 ft
    11. H.A.N. - 802 ft

Year of Gaming Universal Standings
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I remember playing this game a long time ago.

Anyways:
    Spoiler:

Btw, someone tell PETA about this game, I'm sure they'd love it.

EDIT: New high score, it beats Gogoat Rocks!'s by 30:
    Spoiler:

EDIT AGAIN: Yay, broke 2,000:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I remember playing this game a long time ago.

Anyways:
    Spoiler:

Btw, someone tell PETA about this game, I'm sure they'd love it.

Funny thing is that I included a PETA reference into the emblem description for this challenge lol.

I'll update my score shortly for this.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    omg I remember playing this in high school when I was supposed to be doing other things. This and Bloons Tower Defense 3.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Spoiler:

I forgot to vote on last week's poll, but I do prefer games that involve more skill like Tetris than ones like this. :P If there's more to it than controlling the power and angle of a firing cannon, I don't think I get it 'cause this was more or less sheer luck.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Oh god a game that I discovered in secondary school and played the hell out of. Love this game to bits. Will post score in here soon enough.

Yukari

Although this game is kinda fun. I think that this game is very poorly suited for a year of gaming challenge like this since it's almost all luck and no skill.

That said, this is the best I could do.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Yeah, you guys are right. The game in itself is more luck based than anything. I'm going to take that into account for the future so y'all can actually test yourselves in these challenges like Tetris.

As stated prior, I'll be playing in these challenges for now on. Every 5th week a raffle will be done and a winner will be picked to win a $25 Supporter rank or video game gift card of their choosing. To get a raffle ticket you just have to beat my score, and you can get a maximum of 5 raffle tickets per drawing! Here's my score as of right now, will update as I get more time:
    Spoiler:

Whoever got 2,000+ y'all suck ):

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • My score after some tries. I don't really see the fun of this, I'm afraid.
    Spoiler:

No worries, there isn't that much to the game so I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. You don't really have any control as to how you do so I can understand why it's not that fun. Will be fixed in next week's challenge!

Yukari

This is the luckiest I could get best I could do.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    i'll....try again later. this game is nerve-wracking haha

Spoiler:

Years
  • Don't mind me, just posting the greatest Kitten Cannon score of all time.

Spoiler:

I literally had my kitten hit 5 TNTs + one of the floating canisters in a row, and I think it topped out around ~570 ft. in the air. I hadn't done any better than 1600 ft. before that final run, so I'm completely shocked at how much I surpassed my other scores.

EDIT: Aaaand I didn't realize that the cutoff was EST and not PST, so I missed out by just 1 minute, haha. Still, even if it doesn't end up counting, I don't think anyone's gonna beat that score.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Congratulations to Juno, User 101, and White Mage for winning this week's challenge! Furthermore, congratulations to the following members for beating my score and earning 1 raffle ticket in the process:
    • Juno
    • User 101
    • White Mage
    • Lord Scalgon
    • Orpheus
    • Zeffy
    • Zekrom
    • Brendino
    Remember, there is an additional 4 extra weeks to get raffle tickets to win the $25 Supporter rank or video game gift card of your choosing! Next challenge will also be posted in just a few minutes!

Don't mind me, just posting the greatest Kitten Cannon score of all time.

Spoiler:

I literally had my kitten hit 5 TNTs + one of the floating canisters in a row, and I think it topped out around ~570 ft. in the air. I hadn't done any better than 1600 ft. before that final run, so I'm completely shocked at how much I surpassed my other scores.

I like, really, really, hate to say this cause this is an amazing score, but you posted this at 12:00AM and by rule...
    ϟ. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be January 3rd, 11:59 PM ET.
    Spoiler:

If it's any consolation though, because you did say you got over 1,600 ft, I'll put you in as one of the raffle tickets - can't award an emblem though unfortunately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back